What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Unleash's CU buffs 07 preview

I respectfully disagree with your assessment as to why we continually lost the field position battle. Our punter was adequate. He was no John Torp or Barry Helton, but he was OK. No, where we got mutilated in the field position battle was our inability to pick up third downs coupled with our maddening propensity for giving up 3rd and long to our opponents. Look it up, the only games we won were the games where our 3rd down conversion percentage was better than our opponents.

As well as sending Crosby out every time we crossed the 50, that cost us some too. Hopefully this year, we wont see as much of that.

As well as sending Crosby out every time we crossed the 50, that cost us some too. Hopefully this year, we wont see as much of that.

I actually think we'll see more of it. Hawk is trying to instill an agressive attitude in the players. In order to do so, he's going to do a bunch of **** that will drive us insane. Stuff like going for it on 4th and 4 from the opponents 40 yard line. Stuff like throwing a 35 yard pass when a 5 yard pass will do on 3rd and 4.

ya remind me of hillbillies all time road record again?:lol: ANYBODY hosting NU with Cally as coach always has a decent chance at beating the mediocre fuskers. You aint that great, and CU has a decent shot.

And cue the same old argument about how we had to use trick plays to beat you last year and yada yada yada..................nice avatar!!!! W is a W!!!:thumbsup:

And cue the same old argument about how we had to use trick plays to beat you last year and yada yada yada..................nice avatar!!!! W is a W!!!:thumbsup:

You're absolutely right. A W is a W. But even you have to be amazed that all 500 of the trick plays worked to perfection (that has to be some kind of record). And the fact that it took all of those trick plays to beat a 2-9 team. But the bottom line is, that NU won. Props to them. And I give credit to the NU staff for the design of them. They were very well thought out and very well executed. I think the jury is out on Slash as a gameday coach, but those were very well done. Although I think the freak nature of all those trick plays working, got in Coach Beau Bridges head, because he decided to start the Big 12 championship game with a trick play on the kick return, and it got him a big fat 1st down on their own 3 if I remember correctly (of course, that didn't last long, because St. Mo fumbled a couple of plays later.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment as to why we continually lost the field position battle. Our punter was adequate. He was no John Torp or Barry Helton, but he was OK. No, where we got mutilated in the field position battle was our inability to pick up third downs coupled with our maddening propensity for giving up 3rd and long to our opponents. Look it up, the only games we won were the games where our 3rd down conversion percentage was better than our opponents.

That may be, but our return game was awful last year. Coupled with Unleash's point about Hawk trotting out Crosby WAY too much and you have a team fighting an uphill battle for field position. I really want to see Hawk play for field position better this year. It's beyond stupid to try multiple 50-yard field goals a game. There is a difference between being aggressive and being reckless.

There is a difference between being aggressive and being reckless.

I agree completely. Unfortunately, I think Hawk is still of a mind that he needs to instill a more aggressive mentality in the players. In order to do that, I think he's going to do a lot more crazy ****.

You're absolutely right. A W is a W. But even you have to be amazed that all 500 of the trick plays worked to perfection (that has to be some kind of record). And the fact that it took all of those trick plays to beat a 2-9 team. But the bottom line is, that NU won. Props to them. And I give credit to the NU staff for the design of them. They were very well thought out and very well executed. I think the jury is out on Slash as a gameday coach, but those were very well done. Although I think the freak nature of all those trick plays working, got in Coach Beau Bridges head, because he decided to start the Big 12 championship game with a trick play on the kick return, and it got him a big fat 1st down on their own 3 if I remember correctly (of course, that didn't last long, because St. Mo fumbled a couple of plays later.

Couldn't agree with you more on the Big XII Championship play that was just dumb on his part....................but I'm not the coach I'm just a fan who likes to get drunk and scream for my team so what do I know.

Couldn't agree with you more on the Big XII Championship play that was just dumb on his part....................but I'm not the coach I'm just a fan who likes to get drunk and scream for my team so what do I know.

I can respect that...

Back