What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

Today has always been the make or break day in the testing and decision making for the weekend. I'm sure the Pac 12 is waiting to see if Utah (or another program), in fact, will be good to go for the weekend before determining whether CU can proceed with OOC game.

My 2 cents this late in the game- 60% chance we don't play, 30% chance we play CSU, and a 10% chance we play Wyoming.

Logistically those options make the most sense. I doubt flying a team in here is a viable option at this point.

If I’m CSU or Wyoming, I’m not thrilled about the idea of coming into Boulder. It really doesn’t do them any good. At this point, though, it seems like a moot point. No way to install any kind of game plan with two days notice. I agree that if there was going to be a game, we would have had that fleshed out by now.

If I’m CSU or Wyoming, I’m not thrilled about the idea of coming into Boulder. It really doesn’t do them any good. At this point, though, it seems like a moot point. No way to install any kind of game plan with two days notice. I agree that if there was going to be a game, we would have had that fleshed out by now.
I view it completely different. CSU/WYO get to come in and play a P5 on a national broadcast on short notice. They have the chance to upset us in a weird year, and if they lose, hey, they were supposed to anyway. Little risk with high reward.

The money says otherwise

I'd split the gate with them 50/50
giphy.gif

If they haven’t canceled the season by now, they’re not going to. As has been said all along, there is far too much money at stake with virtually no evidence that playing games spreads the virus. Once again, it’s actually safer for these players to be playing every week than not.

If they haven’t canceled the season by now, they’re not going to. As has been said all along, there is far too much money at stake with virtually no evidence that playing games spreads the virus. Once again, it’s actually safer for these players to be playing every week than not.

The season will not be cancelled, but it will be pretty bumpy the rest of the way.

Also, guessing schools are much more concerned about coaches getting sick than the players.

Safer because they might otherwise be at college parties/gatherings?

Safer because they might otherwise be at college parties/gatherings?
Absolutely. Right now the entire CU team is staying at a hotel in a "bubble" of sorts and being tested/contact traced everyday. That would absolutely not be happening if the season was cancelled.

SIAP, but what kind of money would CSU or Wyoming expect to get from playing in Boulder?
I don't know, but its a hell of a lot more than they would get if they didn't play.

Edit: Not really for CSU/Wyoming but a good article stating that the Pac 12 will get most of the normal share from TV revenue this year. I am guessing it will be smaller due to all the cancellations, but good to see from a financial perspective.

Last edited:
Back