What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC ALMOST A Game Thread - Covid Cancelled

Hope we can play, we shall see, I guess? It's a game I think they can win, and it would be about damn time. I saw Keyshawn Johnson talking crap about them being play-off worthy. Give them a **** burger to eat.

I am guessing CU travels Friday morning. You've got to think a decision would be made before they hop on a plane.

With the PAC changing the rules about scheduling OOC games, you would think they would cancel sooner rather than later so teams could find matches.
That would also take into consideration that the PAC has their **** together, and we know that is not true.
So in reality the game would get cancelled about the time we are flying over AZ.

With the PAC changing the rules about scheduling OOC games, you would think they would cancel sooner rather than later so teams could find matches.
That would also take into consideration that the PAC has their **** together, and we know that is not true.
So in reality the game would get cancelled about the time we are flying over AZ.
I would guess things are more openly talked about than we hear. I'm hoping CU has a good handle on the situation and odds of anything happening so they can be ready if it's not looking good.

We are getting ahead of ourselves. The game is still scheduled to be played. If there's any indication that USC can't field a team, I'm sure they will cancel the game ASAP, but USC and the Pac 12 need this game to happen just as much as CU needs and wants this game to happen.

USC and the Pac 12 need this game to happen
This x1000 - U$C skips this game and any remote chance the Pac12 had at CFP (extremely remote from the start) - is off the table. Even with CFP off the table - pac12 is banking on U$C and Oregon playing in CCG. If $C can't play this week, you've got to think the restrictions would keep them out the following week as well.

We are getting ahead of ourselves. The game is still scheduled to be played. If there's any indication that USC can't field a team, I'm sure they will cancel the game ASAP, but USC and the Pac 12 need this game to happen just as much as CU needs and wants this game to happen.
This. It seems crazy to say but this game is pretty close to being the defacto South championship game. Assuming the winner only loses one of their remaining two games: ASU isn't going to play enough games to qualify, UCLA and Arizona already have two losses. Utah could get into the conversation if they run the table and CU beats USC. Otherwise even if CU and USC both end up with 1 loss the tiebreaker would go to the winner of the CU-USC game.

1606325599497.png

I agree, I dont think it will be cancelled. My point was the PAC has continued to screw this up and every step has been reactionary instead of proactive.

I agree, I dont think it will be cancelled. My point was the PAC has continued to screw this up and every step has been reactionary instead of proactive.
We'll know today or tomorrow per Wilner on twitter. He thinks if USC's not available we'll probably play San Diego State (game with them can be Sunday).

Don't want to sit two weeks in a row when we've been healthy.

We'll know today or tomorrow per Wilner on twitter. He thinks if USC's not available we'll probably play San Diego State (game with them can be Sunday).

Don't want to sit two weeks in a row when we've been healthy.
What does that do to Pac 12 standings if we play an OOC game?

Brian's response. Looks like the only thing playing San Diego State if it comes to it does is keep our title hopes alive. Doesn't look like we'd go ahead of USC if we're 4-0/5-0 because we were healthy the week we were supposed to play them and they were not.

Back