What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC and UCLA

Unfortunately after that lackluster homestand....very easily see the Buffs finishing 1-4.

Hope I am wrong
Lackluster homestand? They won both games without their best player and perhaps had their best rebounding performance of the year, while missing the same player who happens to average 10 a game.

Lackluster homestand? They won both games without their best player and perhaps had their best rebounding performance of the year, while missing the same player who happens to average 10 a game.
Wazzu is easily the worst team in the PAC and we won on a prayer.....Utah beat that same team by 40.....decent win over UW but they usually fall apart this part of the season. UCLA's back is against the wall....and USC is simply more talented than the Buffs... Wont win in Utah...prolly lose to AZ..... We shall see..

Wazzu is easily the worst team in the PAC and we won on a prayer.....Utah beat that same team by 40.....decent win over UW but they usually fall apart this part of the season. UCLA's back is against the wall....and USC is simply more talented than the Buffs... Wont win in Utah...prolly lose to AZ..... We shall see..

We WON both without Josh Scott, our best player and potentially the best big man in the country. If you expected those games to be anything but close, you were lying to yourself.

We WON both without Josh Scott, our best player and potentially the best big man in the country. If you expected those games to be anything but close, you were lying to yourself.
We should beat Wazzu going away without JS. We played really badly. The turnover machine has got to stop. It's killing us and will kill us during tournament time.

It seemed to me that we really missed JS against WSU but Gordon really stepped it up and took charge against UW, pretty much taking responsibility for Josh's absence against a good opponent. Whether he continues at that level of performance when Josh is back remains to be seen, but it does suggest Wes will take up much of the 'slack' when Josh graduates.

It seemed to me that we really missed JS against WSU but Gordon really stepped it up and took charge against UW, pretty much taking responsibility for Josh's absence against a good opponent. Whether he continues at that level of performance when Josh is back remains to be seen, but it does suggest Wes will take up much of the 'slack' when Josh graduates.
Didn't we out rebound WSU, like, 2 to 1?

They should have won going away against Wash St. They took their foot off the gas and Wash St. got back in it. And we were up 15 with 8 to go against Wash.

The UW game is where the turnovers killed us. I don't know the final stats but at one point we had 22 turnovers to 10 assists.

Have we even lost to USC since we joined the Pac?

This year's USC is just conpletely different. We've been facing USC teams that were fighting to finish 11th in the Pac. This year they're fighting for a top 4 bye and are currently seen as a 6-7 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Hell, they might even be drawing over 2,000 at the Galen Center. If we go into turnover mode we will get buried. It's going to take our best performance of the season to win, but damn it would be so valuable for our chances of a bye and our NCAAT resume.

I'm going with a sweep. It doesn't make much sense to me but I've got a good feeling and think we might be underestimating our Buffs a bit.

UCLA is the easier game on paper. I know USC is not the same old USC but I think they are getting a bit more credit than they deserve. Outside of Arizona (a great win but not what it has been in the past) their best RPI win is Monmouth at home (who they lost to on the road).

Just saying, I'm drinking the kool-aid. Let's go Buffs.

Back