What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC hires Mike Bohn to replace Lynn Swann as AD

Because are there really any consequences for USC? They got Lincoln Riley, an invite to the BIG and they’ll move on without real penalty i suspect while Bohn is the bad guy.
No, a private company can do whatever they want, for the most part, and hiring someone who hasn't been convicted of anything is perfectly legal. Coming off Lynn Swann as AD, however, I guess I thought they would have just been more thorough in their due diligence, and there had to be an endless list of qualified candidates wanting the job. I guess I just don't understand why Mike Bohn was their target in the first place. He navigated CU to the Pac 12 and hired Luke Fickell at Cincinnati. Ok?

No, a private company can do whatever they want, for the most part, and hiring someone who hasn't been convicted of anything is perfectly legal. Coming off Lynn Swann as AD, however, I guess I thought they would have just been more thorough in their due diligence, and there had to be an endless list of qualified candidates wanting the job. I guess I just don't understand why Mike Bohn was their target in the first place. He navigated CU to the Pac 12 and hired Luke Fickell at Cincinnati. Ok?
Yeah I don’t know, but despite what they may be saying now publicly to distance themselves from Bohn, they basically got everything they could have wanted out of him. This is the school that gave phony rowing scholarships to celebrity kids so I don’t think they honestly GAF about Bohn’s misdeeds as long as the school isn’t held responsible. He was 10x the AD Swann was even with this scandal.

that article in the athletic reads like more is going to come out. CU seemed to escape the brunt of it for now.

Bohner a sexist, racist figure head, out of touch with the organization he runs?

i like the part where they said he spent most of his time during covid hiding in his boulder home.

we need sanctions on the sanctimonious trojan pricks.

How do you hire an AD who is under investigation for anything at his current job? A basic background check that everyone has to go through for employment would have likely brought up something. Definitely look forward to USC going back inside the family for his replacement.
Thing is, USC is in a lot better position now than they were when he got there. So, yeah, by all means go back to the “family” with the next hire and slip back into obscurity in your new conference.

Can somebody summarize the misdeeds of Bohn without doing damage to our friends at the Athletic? I don't subscribe, but sounds juicy.

This is the same school that made a confidential payout to a woman who had been sent naked selfies by their drug addict medical school dean. Oversight might not be a strong suit.

This is the same school that made a confidential payout to a woman who had been sent naked selfies by their drug addict medical school dean. Oversight might not be a strong suit.
b46139e5f5dc6711e2256c1d4303003b.jpg

Bohn the bastard child of Otter?

Sounds like they are a better fit for the B1G than we thought.

Back