What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC is hiring Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma as its new HC

season 6 lip GIF by Showtime

God damnit it’s just now setting in that the Buffs won’t compete for the division for at least a decade. Way to squander USC’s down years and not even capitalize a single ****ing win.

He's paying more in state income taxes, which will be a chunk, no doubt, but that's about it other than gas. I was shocked seeing over $5/gallon when we were in Napa.
When I was way Nor Cal in late summer we crossed into Oregon and gas prices dropped by over a dollar to about what we pay here. Cali has some silly gas taxes I guess.

The best thing about making that kind of money in Norman is I'd have the scratch to first class travel to destinations like LA all the time.
Except I don’t think there are direct flights so you would have to connect. Better to have your own private jet.

When I was way Nor Cal in late summer we crossed into Oregon and gas prices dropped by over a dollar to about what we pay here. Cali has some silly gas taxes I guess.
Yeah, hate those taxes and pushes for cleaner air. People need to be encouraged to drive more, with Gov't subsidized lower gas prices!

One of the things most people forget to calculate is that in Calif, you're property taxes are fixed for as long as you own your home. So if you are like me and have been in a home for 25+ years and it's recently doubled in value in the last few years, in Colorado and elsewhere, property taxes will be doubling..... Not in Calif.

USC still only has 5 commitments for 2022. I assume they will gain at least 3-4 more from OU flips, but it’s going to be interesting to see how quickly Riley can flip some of these California kids committed to Notre Dame, Georgia, tOSU, etc.

I really think there’s an opportunity here for us to go after some of USCs current recruits that might find themselves on the outside looking in here very shortly. Guys who might have some motivation to play against USC over the next 4-5 years.

Edit: never mind. If they only have five commits as Yak is reporting, there won’t be anybody on the outside looking in. They’ll just fill the class as they see fit.

USC still only has 5 commitments for 2022. I assume they will gain at least 3-4 more from OU flips, but it’s going to be interesting to see how quickly Riley can flip some of these California kids committed to Notre Dame, Georgia, tOSU, etc.

I have read they might be really selective with high school prospects for this class and intend to hit the portal big time, especially on defense.

The early momentum for 2023 is a much bigger deal. Riley had laid groundwork for a top five class at OU with a lot of west coast buzz.

The cost of living argument is completely invalid.

Riley is going to be living in a house that is bought for him. He will be driving either a university car or more likely cars provided by donors/sponsors and will have a card to put all the gas purchases on.

Same thing will apply for a lot of the other expenses as well as they did in Norman. The difference is that restaurants where he eats free will be much better food and service, his free clothes will be from higher end lines, even things like vacations, etc. I doubt he pays for.

And for extra income he will have a lot more opportunity in LA. Endorsements, commercials, appearances, etc. all will pay more in SoCal.

He was the big fish in a small pond in Oklahoma. He is still going to be a big fish at USC but that pond is much, much larger and deeper.

In the SEC, most years OU would have been competing against the Mississippi schools, A&M, TN, FL and Auburn , etc, for southeastern recruits and consistent wins, not Bama, LSU and Georgia. At USC, I think the highest and best roadmap for Riley will be to become the "Clemson of the PAC 12". That's a high goal and it could be achievable given enough time. But it will need a culture change. To be a national power USC has to show up every game. Hasn't been their style for ages. And I think the Alums will want to keep the Notre Dame game on the schedule, which can be problematic. Becoming a consistent one-loss (i.e.playoff) team will be really tough. But congrats to Riley; it's a long journey from Muleshoe High School to Los Angeles.

Back