What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC Pregame Thread: 10/13 @ 8:30 PM on FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
BHGj9WrCcAAMeVq.jpg

Some hack attempting to predict outcomes this week. Maybe I’m nit picking but I hate prognosticators who do not do their homework. Re: the point he makes about the 4th TD from Shenault being with under a minute to go. Uh, yeah. In the 3rd quarter!!

I hope that you responded to him and corrected him on the error. That is a huge omission as it completely ignores our two 4th quarter drives where we controlled the ball for 11:23 to put the game away .

I forgot about this -
the Falo brothers (USC TE Josh and Colorado OLB Nu’umotu) could be facing off across the line
We need to have Landman light up falo

Little bro' Falo is pretty good. It will likely be a safety covering him.

3 points allowed in 4th quarter. I guess 0 points would be better.
It won’t happen very often that a team gets 1st and goal on the 3 and not score. And that was immediately after we took a 7 point lead. Allowing that to happen is a recipe for disaster. We also allowed the long TD pass in the first half. We can’t let plays like that happen against USC. Sorry.

Too bad we didn't play Cal early in the season. 19.7% is silly high. No way they continue at that pace for the rest of the season. They'll get that fixed.
Even if they don't turn the ball over they still can't move the ball.

The Buffs got dominated in the trenches in the first half of the Nebraska game and the DL got dominated in the first half against ASU. The second half in both games were a different story, though, and the Buffs DL and OL held their own (and even dominated at times) after schematic adjustments. UCLA front seven is very big and talented and that didn’t matter; CU dominated.

Has USC dominated anyone in any aspect of the game this year? Serious question as I haven’t really watched much of them this year. They seem like a pretty mediocre team this year, so I’m not sure why we are assuming they are just going to dominate the trenches against us, outside of what the star and recruit rankings suggest.

Not from what I've seen-They got run off the field against Texas, and Gardner Minshew carved them up. I expect Steven to carve them up just like he did.

CU could have put another score on the board at the end as well (vs ASU). That was a long drive where we broke their will and then elected to run out clock.

Bigger than the Pac-12 Championship Game? This would be a great and historic win, no doubt. But that game was for a title. As big as this one is, it's still just a regular season game and win or lose, all of our goals would still be ahead of us.

I think the team was in such disarray with all that was going on with coaches leaving, and Tumpkins mess that the focus on the biggest game ever for Coach Mac was lost. After 8-1/10-2 that season was over. It’s next level, where the team is at now. A chance at history in the making.

* edit

Last edited:
I think the team was in such disarray with all that was going on with coaches leaving, and Tumpkins mess that the focus on the biggest game ever for Coach Mac was lost. After 10 -1 that season was over. It’s next level, where the team is at now. A chance at history in the making.

Huh? All that stuff happened after the Pac-12 Championship.

I think the team was in such disarray with all that was going on with coaches leaving, and Tumpkins mess that the focus on the biggest game ever for Coach Mac was lost. After 10 -1 that season was over. It’s next level, where the team is at now. A chance at history in the making.
That team was never at 10-1. They went 10-2 in the regular season, 10-3 after the CCG, and then 10-4 after the bowl game... which is the only game that Leavitt and Clark missed and the Tumpkin ordeal might have had an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back