What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC WR transferring to CU?

I don't know much about the kid, but he hasn't had more than 3 catches a season so I wouldn't expect too much from him.

Agreed.

I welcome the addition, but I don't think we can expect too much from him. Any contribution would be gravy, though.

Would love to see his electric speed on the field. Could be a Josh Smith type play maker as return man and a speedy receiver. Just might have too much talent for Hawk to let him play.

Either way a huge welcome to this young man if this is true. He sounds like a good kid and potential play maker.

I think Patterson is immediately in the mix to be our #3 WR starter this year, definitely makes our 2-deep, and quite possibly wins the returner job.

You, knower of all, speak in the present tense. With the utmost respect, is that an affirmation that he's a Buff, or are you simply getting ahead of yourself?

It's possible someone like WillJeff could beat him out. But he's got more experience than probably anyone on our roster with the exception of Scotty. He's got speed. We need more depth for sure unless some of the young guys can play sooner than I've expected.

I heard Hagan say they were expecting huge things immediately from Duncan, and that was before the Simas meltdown.

We need another guy out there with some experience badly. If he gets beaten out in practice, so be it! IMO, that's what ruined Josh Smith and Kendrick the first time around. They got playing time because they were athletic and CU had no one else that fit that criteria. Their development was stunted by lack of competition. Kendrick confessed in a newspaper article to not bothering to learn the play book.

It's possible someone like WillJeff could beat him out. But he's got more experience than probably anyone on our roster with the exception of Scotty. He's got speed. We need more depth for sure unless some of the young guys can play sooner than I've expected.

I heard Hagan say they were expecting huge things immediately from Duncan, and that was before the Simas meltdown.

We need another guy out there with some experience badly. If he gets beaten out in practice, so be it! IMO, that's what ruined Josh Smith and Kendrick the first time around. They got playing time because they were athletic and CU had no one else that fit that criteria. Their development was stunted by lack of competition. Kendrick confessed in a newspaper article to not bothering to learn the play book.

So has Duncan definitely been admitted?

So has Duncan definitely been admitted?

I don't know anything specifically about this case but remember we are talking about CU admissions dealing with a football player coming from another school. If there is a way to screw it up, they will find it, if there isn't they will invent it. As far as admissions I will believe it when I see him on the field against an actual opponent, until then admissions could screw it up.

Duncan will take a couple courses at community college in the fall, grayshirt, and enroll at CU in January. He didn't clear the NCAA.

I think you are correct... The only stipulation the NCAA has is that the grad school degree you're taking at the school you transferred to was not offered by the school you transferred from...

So I gather this young man is not going for a masters in Rap Music?

You, knower of all, speak in the present tense. With the utmost respect, is that an affirmation that he's a Buff, or are you simply getting ahead of yourself?

:lol:

Ringo said he expects Patterson to announce his decision today.

I've got a good feeling about it (whether we hear today or not).

Shocking that the Modesto Press has a lot of the projected transfers looking at Fresno State...wishful thinking maybe? Marc Tyler would be a great get if we could get him to look at CU.

It would make sense for Mustain to transfer if he still wants to play in the pros. Do not be surprised if he takes a hard look at the niblets.

maybe, but sounds like there's going to be some competition in Lincoln and MM needs a place where he can play right away. the article mentions Tulsa....something like that makes sense to me. where the talent gap is such that he's the man right away and can throw for 5 million yards in a lesser conference....vis a vis getting some NFl looks.

Back