What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Visiting Memorial Stadium

I loved playing in Lincoln. That stadium is the best atmosphere on the road I remember. Better than Michigan, Texas or Oklahoma. It was pretty intense back in the early and mid-90's. Not sure if that has changed with the recent mediocrity of both teams. To be honest, its a lot more fun for all when both teams are good.

Pretty interesting to know there is another former player on the board. :thumbsup: Your right about it being alot more fun when both teams are good.

If we win, watch your back. I had a beer bottle thrown at me, and I wasn't being an ass (it wasn't in the stadium itself, but outside after the game).

There's bad apples in every fan base. It just seems like there's a LOT of bad apples in Lincoln when they lose. I've never had any problems in Ann Arbor, Lubbock, Austin, or anywhere else for that matter.

If we win, watch your back. I had a beer bottle thrown at me, and I wasn't being an ass (it wasn't in the stadium itself, but outside after the game).

There's bad apples in every fan base. It just seems like there's a LOT of bad apples in Lincoln when they lose. I've never had any problems in Ann Arbor, Lubbock, Austin, or anywhere else for that matter.

Just for the record I've never seen this type of behavior when I've been at games where we've lost. I'm obviously not saying your lying, I'm just stating I've never seen this. If I did I would probably come unglued on the fan who threw the bottle. :confused:

Just for the record I've never seen this type of behavior when I've been at games where we've lost. I'm obviously not saying your lying, I'm just stating I've never seen this. If I did I would probably come unglued on the fan who threw the bottle. :confused:

I have... The jackass I am I wore all CU gear. A group of guys came up to me yanking at my shirt, tellin' me to get the hell outta there... However, never said a word, never cheered out loud against them, etc.. I never came back FYI :cry:
:lol:

I was there in '02 & '04 (both Buff Victories) and had a great time in the

Red Section (south end). Nobody has mentioned this yet, but the MAJOR problem I had with the experience was the SHOULDER SPACE. It was ****ing unbelievable!!! With all the cornfed, there was no room whatsoever! My wife won't go back.....and her family is FROM Stinkoln.....:smile2:

I have... The jackass I am I wore all CU gear. A group of guys came up to me yanking at my shirt, tellin' me to get the hell outta there... However, never said a word, never cheered out loud against them, etc.. I never came back FYI :cry:
:lol:

Really? I'm with BRI on this. If I ever saw that s*** happening at Memorial it would be stopped and in a hurry. It's one thing to have some friendly banter with opposing fans but that is just stupid. Lay your hands on them or throw something and that line is crossed. Anyone who calls themselves a fan knows that respecting the opponent regardless of the outcome is a must.

Really? I'm with BRI on this. If I ever saw that s*** happening at Memorial it would be stopped and in a hurry. It's one thing to have some friendly banter with opposing fans but that is just stupid. Lay your hands on them or throw something and that line is crossed. Anyone who calls themselves a fan knows that respecting the opponent regardless of the outcome is a must.

Totally agree. I would definately put the smack down on a husker fan if they started acting like tards but honestly I haven't ever seen anything like that. The most I did see was some young twat throwing pnuts at a fan but the fan was also talking **** the whole game and yelling obscene stuff between drinks of his beer....can't remember what team they were with tho....I was real young.

Memorial is an experience....great atmosphere and GBR!

Back