What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Visitors this weekend

I really hope going overboard with the grayshirt offers is a thing of the past. A grayshirt is not going to make most of these prospects any better "takes" than they are now. All it does is negatively affect numbers down the line.

Agree. If we're working under the assumption that our recruiting will get better going forward (and it better), than we're not doing ourselves any favors by grey shirting guys who aren't quite good enough for this mediocre class.

I really hope going overboard with the grayshirt offers is a thing of the past. A grayshirt is not going to make most of these prospects any better "takes" than they are now. All it does is negatively affect numbers down the line.

I'd rather have more offers next year than take big numbers this year. But I also detect a mentality from HCMM & Staff that there's lots of good D1 football players out there for the taking (that's their deal right?) that will make us better sooner than later. I think HCMM wants to take 7 or so kids as "his" and just doesn't have room due to honoring JE's commits. I noticed Lisella wasn't asked to greyshirt, he was told. In some cases, recruits may look elsewhere in that situation, which isn't all bad.

I think in a typical class size of 20-25 for SJSU, HCMM knew on signing day that there was a handful of absolute gems he had landed and would be the kind of kids who one day may play in the NFL.

So while most of us subscribe to the theory that you can't compete in the PAC12, by recruiting classes of SJSU-type recruits, I'm not too worried about this year's class. As you say, next year has to be better. For now, I'm going to assume that the new kids we are in on are just absolute hidden jewels and the best of the best that they knew about. Real life Pac12 players. Certainly SJSU was finding several of those every year. Hope the kids he's going to sign are the best of the best from that lot.

[tweet]292437550709219328[/tweet]

I don't have an account so I don't know who it is

Head coach is keeping it under wraps by signing ATH's so far. These guys all look like tweener LB/DE or LB/S which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I really like going with Athletes and guys who can project to different positions down the road to give the roster future flexibility and also help immediately with special teams play.

In football, its best to sign players who are athletes first, you can train anyone to play football in a few days(See: Hunt, Margus; and Nembot, Stephane).

(BB's ball the opposite: get basketball players who are athletes, not athletes who happen to play basketball---watched too many of those when RP was here as coach.)

Depends on position: Skill positions? No! But for skinny(relativel speaking) young-ish kids who play OL or DL? They can greatly benefit from a year of maturity and proper weight and diet training.

If a kid like Lisella can spend a year with McChesney, not worrying about playing and concentrate on packing on muscle, he could come in at 285+ and still have room to grow!

In football, its best to sign players who are athletes first, you can train anyone to play football in a few days(See: Hunt, Margus; and Nembot, Stephane).

(BB's ball the opposite: get basketball players who are athletes, not athletes who happen to play basketball---watched too many of those when RP was here as coach.)

Football. It's just that easy.

Depends on position: Skill positions? No! But for skinny(relativel speaking) young-ish kids who play OL or DL? They can greatly benefit from a year of maturity and proper weight and diet training.

If a kid like Lisella can spend a year with McChesney, not worrying about playing and concentrate on packing on muscle, he could come in at 285+ and still have room to grow!

Pretty sure Duff was talking about grayshirting some of the skill position players coming in, but regarding Lisella, packing 40 pounds onto him isn't suddenly going to make him a good prospect.

Pretty sure Duff was talking about grayshirting some of the skill position players coming in, but regarding Lisella, packing 40 pounds onto him isn't suddenly going to make him a good prospect.

Beg to differ. Air Force offer is pretty validating. This kid has one big risk attached to him. Can he add the weight? 40 pounds by spring practice 2015 (26 months from now) puts this kid in pretty good position to finish off his last 4 years in a position where I think he will be a solid contributor. But if he can add the weight, I see his ceiling higher than every other lineman in this class (potentially).

My guess is some guys committed to MacIntyre this morning and we'll hear about it this afternoon

again, we got more guys here than spots so there may not be news for a few days, while things work themselves out.

Beg to differ. Air Force offer is pretty validating. This kid has one big risk attached to him. Can he add the weight? 40 pounds by spring practice 2015 (26 months from now) puts this kid in pretty good position to finish off his last 4 years in a position where I think he will be a solid contributor. But if he can add the weight, I see his ceiling higher than every other lineman in this class (potentially).

We shall see. I hope he becomes another Bakhtiari for us.

Three 2013 verbal commit OL visited this past weekend: (left to right) Colin Sutton, Sam Kronshage & Jonathan Huckins

3OL2013.jpg

Last edited:
Man those jerseys are ugly...

Where is that 150 page uniform thread? I think I need to bump it.

They all weigh around 300. As true freshman, I think that's plenty big enough? If anything, I think they need to convert some of that baby fat into strength.

Yup

Sutton: 6'4.5" 295
Huckins: 6'3.5" 312
Kronshage: Not listed yet

All are per Rivals. For incoming freshman, Sutton and Huckins are big enough otherwise you may be looking at a good amount of bad weight. Now that can be taken off to an extent, early weight issues could be a bad thing. Neither of the three look like they are carrying much bad weight having said that.

Three 2013 verbal commit OL visited this past weekend: (left to right) Colin Sutton, Sam Kronshage & Jonathan Huckins

View attachment 11317
welcome young men ! Look forward to you guys contributing and enjoying college life in Boulder, the best city in America. Really enjoy seeing happy young athletes! well deserved for the hard work put in.

I'm really excited to see Huckins driving dlinemen into the ground. Also, he looks like Bobby Hill.
images

We need to land at least 1 out of Tedric Thompson and Joshua Jones. Losing out on both would be pretty devastating

Back