What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball hosts Utah (Friday at noon, SENIOR DAY GAME)

In addition to a special thanks and congrats to the seniors today, forgot to congratulate Buff volleyball program overall (including ALL the Buff players and coaches of the past and present) on its 500th all-time victory!

Amen. Thanks to Coach Aiu and what he built here, and congrats to what Kritza has been able to do in the NCAA's best volleyball conference. Looking forward to what the postseason has in store.

Once the Buffs got rolling there wasn't much Utah could do. Austin and G. Simpson were killers, especially when going cross court and Abu did a great job blocking.
Buffs finish with a winning record in a brutal conference, congrats to them.

Once the Buffs got rolling there wasn't much Utah could do. Austin and G. Simpson were killers, especially when going cross court and Abu did a great job blocking.
Buffs finish with a winning record in a brutal conference, congrats to them.
Yeah, Abu was awesome at the middle today. Wish my twins had been watching.

anybody know when the NCAA bracket comes out? with CSU and CU both presumably in the tourney, are we likely to get a 1st/2nd round site in state again?

anybody know when the NCAA bracket comes out? with CSU and CU both presumably in the tourney, are we likely to get a 1st/2nd round site in state again?

I think I'm probably going to start a separate thread about NCAA volleyball tourney selection later today, but in summary-
1) The show itself is scheduled for 7:00 PM Mountain Time tomorrow (Sunday), and will be shown on ESPNU. (If folks can't watch the show, assume the bracket will be available at http://www.ncaa.com/championships/volleyball-women/d1 either while the show is going on or right after it's done.)

2) Just to have the proper perspective going in (although as an emotional fan I'm sure I'll feel some outrage anyways), the Buffs are probably pretty BIG underdogs to be selected into the tourney tomorrow, at least if the committee's past HEAVY reliance on RPI # continues in selecting its at-large teams. In the last couple years, the highest RPI at-large teams selected into the tourney were I believe #51 (Miami of FL) in 2013 and #48 (Michigan St.) in 2014, while the Buff's RPI # this year looks like it will end up somewhere in the (probably mid) 60's. (Select the "unmodified RPI with Experimental Bonuses" tab at http://ncaastats.figstats.net/volleyball-rpi.cgi for pretty current up to date RPI ratings as various late matches are completed.)

I still have SOME hope that some different factors THIS YEAR MAY make the committee look more at those other factors, all of which would definitely help the Buffs, but it's hard to know how likely they are to do that when they haven't done so in the past.

Last edited:
I am thankful that I was in Boulder and got to see the match. Over the years, I have noticed that players often don't start off well on Senior Day. Things were no different for this match.

I had let Alexis Austin know that I wanted to meet her and she was kind enough to take a selfie of us because I don't know how to take selfies. She's much younger than me and took the phone and 2 seconds later, we had the photo.

Abu is going to miss Austin.

This was a good, solid volleyball team and how Kritzka convinced players the caliber of Austin and Edelman to come play at CU is beyond me--even after her talk about it yesterday. The players and the families believed that Kritzka could get the job done.

It was Brad Saindon who built the CU volleyball program. Aiu brought it to the cellar. When Kritzka arrived, it had been the worst program in the Big 12.

This season was one of ups and downs. When the assistant coach was suspended, the team lost 3 of the next 4 matches and I thought the season was over. It was interesting to see that the coach huddling with Kritzka was the volunteer assistant coach. Hope he is getting paid.

Go Buffs!

Hoping beyond hope that they get in. I don't see a way, but would love to see it happen.

What's everyone's thought on who is going to set next year. Will they put Gabby back there or is there somebody else I'm not thinking about?

Back