What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Volleyball Season Ticket

CSU has released their schedule and CU is not on it. Since CU has not released anything for the non-conference portion of their VB schedule yet I did some poking around in other schools released schedules to see what I could find. What I found was a mess .... CU was, according to the Northern Iowa schedule, playing in a tourney at Wisc Green Bay the same weekend that CU is playing at a tourney in Waco, according to Baylor's schedule. I think CU has now disappeared from the WGB schedule. And according to the info on the "Renew VB season tickets" page, CU is hosting 2 home tourneys but the only team I could find that says they are playing in Boulder is St Marys. Basically someone in CU VB messed up on the scheduling and they probably don't have it sorted out yet..... even tho that same page said season tickets would be sent out Aug 1. It will be interesting to see what matches CU ends up with in the non-conference portion of the schedule. I hope they manage to get at least close to a full complement of matches in.

I now updated the schedule and there are only two home non-conference matches and both are against St. Mary's. The other tournaments are in Syracuse and in Waco.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/82199-2013-CU-Buffs-Volleyball-Schedule-and-Roster

So it looks like what I had dug up the other day is the complete non-con schedule. Too bad. I can understand not wanting a full 3 or 4 game tourney the weekend of 9/20-22 when you start conference play on 9/24 but it would have been good to at least get a single match in the middle of that 10 day span from 9/14 to 9/24 so you don't go into conference play off 10 days with no matches. Also a full 3 or 4 match tourney for opening weekend would have been good although playing St Mary's twice is a pretty good test.

Got my tickets in the mail with a thank you/apology letter signed by Liz Kritza. Thank you for the support, sorry for the late delivery/scheduling issues.

I'll be there next Friday for the first match of the season!

Got my tickets too and saw that letter. In it Coach Kritza says they are trying to add one more home match for 9/19. So looks like they are thinking the same as what I posted the other day .... that the 10 day gap with no matches between 9/14 and 9/24 is too much. I'm glad they are trying to get one in there. Hope they succeed.

Got my tickets in the mail with a thank you/apology letter signed by Liz Kritza. Thank you for the support, sorry for the late delivery/scheduling issues.

I'll be there next Friday for the first match of the season!

This is a tough one. The Stampede starts at the same time. I might wait until Saturday to catch volleyball.

This is a tough one. The Stampede starts at the same time. I might wait until Saturday to catch volleyball.

Hmmmmmmmm, good point. If you're doing that, I'll meet you out there. Let me know.

I received my tickets. I hadn't opened them as I live out of state and won't be going to any matches. I opened them last night. I've got somebody else's tickets in my envelope in addition to mine. I've sent the Ticket office an email explaining that I won't be bringing the tickets to the ticket office because I'm not in Colorado. I've got the person's name and address.

In addition to the apology letter from Coach Kritzka, I received a hand-written note from a player. It said the exact same thing my friend's note said and they were signed by two different players. There was also a card from the Director of Volleyball Operations. That must be a new position.

I do hope they can get a match scheduled for that long break. The break is not good.

Was great to watch online and see they did split with St. Mary's.

Back