What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington at Colorado post game thread

I was thinking about Wes and Josh. Wes really stepped up with Josh sitting but seems to kind of disappear when on the floor with Josh. So, here's my idea against SC if Josh can play. Start Wes and bring Josh off the bench. I have Wes starting because Josh may be limited.

I don't think the script is as set as people seem to think it is. There have been plenty of nights when both Wes and Josh have it clicking and they complement each other with their games. When that happens, CU is damn difficult to beat.

Fortune needs to value the basketball or spend more time on the bench, just some of the dumbest out of control passes I've seen. Not like he's shooting well either to make up for it...

I don't think the script is as set as people seem to think it is. There have been plenty of nights when both Wes and Josh have it clicking and they complement each other with their games. When that happens, CU is damn difficult to beat.
Maybe a few games without Josh will benefit Wes. Yeah, you'd think together they would dominate. But having them rotate could be relentless. Oh well. That's why I'm not a coach. Among other reasons.

Personally I would rather try to coach fortune through this rough patch instead of taking minutes. He had a great run at prov in their conference tourney so I hope we get him right before the conference and national tournament.

He can drive and shoot he just makes I'll advised passes when he gets near the hoop. I would almost rather have him attack the hoop and try to draw a foul than try to dish at the last second.

Personally I would rather try to coach fortune through this rough patch instead of taking minutes. He had a great run at prov in their conference tourney so I hope we get him right before the conference and national tournament.

He can drive and shoot he just makes I'll advised passes when he gets near the hoop. I would almost rather have him attack the hoop and try to draw a foul than try to dish at the last second.

Frustrating to watch the turnovers but he also had 9 rebounds, an assist and a steal to go with 13 points (6 of 17). Agree that if he can cut down the turnovers he will be a solid contributor who has some great nights when he is hitting his shot.

Maybe a few games without Josh will benefit Wes. Yeah, you'd think together they would dominate. But having them rotate could be relentless. Oh well. That's why I'm not a coach. Among other reasons.
What other reasons? I think you would make an outstanding coach and that you should be on the short-list should CU and Boyle part ways.

When Fortune transferred, he was really known as a good spot up shooter and not a high-usage guy. He's been pretty good in this situation here, I think. I'd like to see more plays with him coming off a pick and getting a jump shot rather than him trying to make pkays himself.

When Fortune transferred, he was really known as a good spot up shooter and not a high-usage guy. He's been pretty good in this situation here, I think. I'd like to see more plays with him coming off a pick and getting a jump shot rather than him trying to make pkays himself.

Couldn't agree more on the last sentence. Unfortunately the offense is more dribble drive than catch and shoot.

Completely agree. I would also like to see him feed scott inside and be an outlet for scott when the double comes. Space the court on the other side with fortune and scott on one side so the double can only come from the three point line.

Couldn't agree more on the last sentence. Unfortunately the offense is more dribble drive than catch and shoot.
Exactly. He has a nice crossover and first step ... but then in traffic his handle goes to **** real quick. He just needs to limit his penetration to 1v1 situations ... in traffic, he's a complete liability. Leave that to Dom, Yaz and King. Fortune had 3-4 layups in the last game, where he was just standing under the bucket and got a dump off or the ball just fell to him. Take those 6-8 pts away and his line looks even worse. As others have said, I'd love to see more screens for him. He's got a quick release. Even though the offense isn't built around that, there's no reason Tad can't build in 3-4 play calls of this sort per game.

Fortune had 3-4 layups in the last game, where he was just standing under the bucket and got a dump off or the ball just fell to him. Take those 6-8 pts away and his line looks even worse.

Really good point here. Scouting report was obviously to attack hard in transition off misses. Fortune did a great job sprinting out and filling the lane and got several easy buckets because of it. That's good. His performance in the half court had lots of turnovers. That's bad.

Back