What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Washington

This is the most homer post I have ever read on any message board anywhere.

QB - UW and it's not close Sefo can't throw
RB - Lindsay is tough but again not close the combo of Gaskins/Coleman is elite
WR - UW, Ross is a 1st round pick elite speed and route running
OL - Push
DL - UW again not close
LB - Colorado but only because their stud is out (1st team all conf)
DB - UW and again not close. CU is the 2nd best unit in the PAC and very good but UW has 3 NFL players back there, 2 first rounders. (Baker and Jones)

I think you confused heart and grit with talent. Heart and grit are important but that assumes the other team doesn't have it... they do. Both coaches instill that in their teams.

You aren't very bright. I was ****ing with you.

Washington was the better team (and Michigan and USC). We lost to teams who flat out athleted us.

Need more Jimmy's and Joe's (that are four and five stars). If Mac can make us competitive with an average of #70 ranked classes, imagine what he can do with classes that average around 20.

Even losing some kids to blue blood teams that are up we will still average about 40 plus points higher in recruiting rankings with what is going on. And this kind of season will be the norm.

I'll take 9-11 win seasons as 'good but dissapointing' seasons from now on. Plus Rose and CFPs now and then.

Doubt 9-11 win seasons happen. You guys are not good. Simple fact. USC is on the rise. UCLA is a coach away.

And than, there is the fact that the PAC 12 South has never won a conference title game. UW is here to stay. Stanford is the #2 team in the conference along with USC. Oregon very likely will be better than you as soon as they hire a new coach.

That was the best chance you were gonna get. You guys are a bad team except for the secondary and a pass rusher or two. Lucky season. Be grateful.

All class to go back to the other board after the game to troll people. The majority of UW fans I've encountered are complete arseholes.

Doubt 9-11 win seasons happen. You guys are not good. Simple fact. USC is on the rise. UCLA is a coach away.

And than, there is the fact that the PAC 12 South has never won a conference title game. UW is here to stay. Stanford is the #2 team in the conference along with USC. Oregon very likely will be better than you as soon as they hire a new coach.

That was the best chance you were gonna get. You guys are a bad team except for the secondary and a pass rusher or two. Lucky season. Be grateful.
Remember the segment on the similarities of our teams, historically, on the broadcast last night? We are as likely to return as UW. You guys are ahead of us on the return trajectory, but you're not that far removed from 0-12. There is plenty of evidence that football can thrive in Boulder. This season is a building block--not the outcome.

You obviously haven't paid attention to CU football historically. Not your fault.

Trolls are bad enough. Dumb trolls are worse.

First argument is that USC is on the rise and UCLA is a coach away. Second argument is that the South has never won a title game. Hey moron, where do the LA schools play.

Secondly a little recent success and suddenly UW is a perennial powerhouse, take a little look at your history. Colorado's recent slump was only exceeded by some team in purple that managed to go 0-12 (yes O-fer,)

If anyone has to worry about Stanford rising and Oregon coming back it is you guys.

Trolls are bad enough. Dumb trolls are worse.

First argument is that USC is on the rise and UCLA is a coach away. Second argument is that the South has never won a title game. Hey moron, where do the LA schools play.

Secondly a little recent success and suddenly UW is a perennial powerhouse, take a little look at your history. Colorado's recent slump was only exceeded by some team in purple that managed to go 0-12 (yes O-fer,)

If anyone has to worry about Stanford rising and Oregon coming back it is you guys.
I'm not saying he's not a dumb troll. In this case, though, he's referring to the history of the title game, which the Northern Division has dominated.

I'm not saying he's not a dumb troll. In this case, though, he's referring to the history of the title game, which the Northern Division has dominated.

Not exactly a large sample size. And in his case it's been dominated by teams who have been consistently been pounding on his team so it's hard for him to take credit for it. It's kind of like an Okie Lite fan taking credit for the number of national championships won by schools from Oklahoma.

Washington is really good and Petersen is a good coach. However, he inherited some decent talent (Sark couldn't coach but seemed to get decent classes). What Mac did was with a program arguably the worst in a P5 conference...can't wait to see what he can do with a few top 20 classes!

Washington is really good and Petersen is a good coach. However, he inherited some decent talent (Sark couldn't coach but seemed to get decent classes). What Mac did was with a program arguably the worst in a P5 conference...can't wait to see what he can do with a few top 20 classes!
Not only worst in the P5. CU was statistically the worst team in FBS team in 2012.

I'm confused on why the fans of a team that went 0-12 and clawed their way back, incrementally, wouldn't be more supportive (or at least so dismissive the possibility) of the team in a similar process. But then again, I've never understood trolling other teams' fan sites, so there's a lot about these folks I simply don't get.

I'm confused on why the fans of a team that went 0-12 and clawed their way back, incrementally, wouldn't be more supportive (or at least so dismissive the possibility) of the team in a similar process. But then again, I've never understood trolling other teams' fan sites, so there's a lot about these folks I simply don't get.
Right?!? At least CU fans have learned some humility...after their dark years you'd think they'd be a little humbler...I don't get that dynamic nor trolls...

Not trolling. I really don't see it happening for you guys. This was a lucky season for you guys.

I called a beat down and you homers were saying it was going to be close, Washington fans were cocky, etc. I was just being real. You guys didn't belong on the same field.

Not only worst in the P5. CU was statistically the worst team in FBS team in 2012.

my theory is that he isn't even a fusky fan. he's a lammie.

Not trolling. I really don't see it happening for you guys. This was a lucky season for you guys.

I called a beat down and you homers were saying it was going to be close, Washington fans were cocky, etc. I was just being real. You guys didn't belong on the same field.

Sorry you got banned again devildog

I'm confused by the troll's "lucky season" assertion.

We beat the teams we played. Beat them handily in most cases. We didn't benefit from particularly lucky bounces, calls or events. We just beat teams. That's not lucky.

I guess in some regard, we were fortunate that the entire conference was a bit down this season, and that there was no dominant team in The South. But Washington similarly benefitted.

So anyway, "lucky" is a strange suggestion to me.

I'm confused by the troll's "lucky season" assertion.

We beat the teams we played. Beat them handily in most cases. We didn't benefit from particularly lucky bounces, calls or events. We just beat teams. That's not lucky.

I guess in some regard, we were fortunate that the entire conference was a bit down this season, and that there was no dominant team in The South. But Washington similarly benefitted.

So anyway, "lucky" is a strange suggestion to me.

Nono, UW returned to their rightful place at the top of the conference after a down decade, whereas we're a fluke and a traditionally ****ty program, I guess.

Just ignore that ****. Our satisfaction will come when Clemson, Ohio state and Alabama embarrass the **** out of them. I would root for the PAC 12 but now all I root for is their fanbases misery. I already ****ing hate Seattle fans so it's no surprise they're the same ones now in purple.

I'm surprised at the victim role Husky fans used to play the past 10 years claiming Oregon fans were "new money, arrogant, assholes". I was a little shocked at the game last night. A lot of their fans fit two of those three characteristics.

I respect a lot of what Washington has going on. To pimp this blue blood attitude like Washington is better than CU is a joke. Anything but historically true. They are on par with each, winning national championships but a year apart. Last night showed they are farther along in the rebuild department. MikeMac has a ways to go catching Petersen in the coaching capability department but is on his way. CU needs better talent and they are in position to get that. Just have to keep building.

Glad you guys get to witness first hand here what the Cougs have to deal with year round. This is why I "Back the Pac" except for the mutts. Roll Dam Tide.

Was a tough game for you guys on Friday night. UW is a great team, but both the Cougs and Buffs made them look better than they actually are with stupid mistakes and forcing things. Glad you guys had a great season. If anyone can respect the re-build it's us Cougs as we are still rebuilding with Leach. Good luck in the Alamo Bowl!

Anyone else see them getting ass-hammered by Alabama?

I mean, no real disrespect to UW, I think Alabama will cruise in the title game too, but Browning is obviously overrated, and while Gaskin and Coleman are good backs, they're not going to get the push on Alabama's offensive line that they got on us. As a matter of fact, they'll probably get dominated. Again, no real disrespect - Alabama's dominated teams in the trenches all year.

As far as defensively, again, UW's success against us was due to DL superiority. I wasn't impressed with their LBs, and while their DBs are very good, we had wide open receivers all night that Sefo and Montez both just flat out missed, either to not seeing them or throwing bad passes. Alabama's QB is nothing to write home about, but he'll have his chances.

I'm thinking somewhere in the order of 44-7.

No disrespect, but the Huskies will get steamrolled by Bama, just like USC did at the beginning of the season.

Help me out - I just can not figure out how the hell uw ran the ball so well on us? this is really bothering me. I have not been able to bring myself to re watch the game on tv yet. I was at the game. Just do not understand how they managed that, after we held so many rushing teams to almost nothing all season. Schemes, size, talent, effort, ??

I actually think Washington will do okay against Bama. They will probably never have a chance to win but I would say something like 31-20 or 31-17 final.

UW's lines impressed me. Only USC and Michigan moved our defensive front like UW did. DL gave little room more often than not. Browning is a big concern though. Yea, our secondary is good, but his running game was dominant and he did his best to keep us in the game. He won't be so blessed against Bama.

I think Washington will be able to move the ball on Bama, but will stall in the red zone. To have any chance at winning, they will have to score on one of the patented Petersen trick plays.

The hope for teams playing Bama is to keep in close and make their kicker beat you. That is the major liability I see on their roster.

Back