What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Way Too Early 2018 Season Prediction

Number of wins the Buffs will have in the 2018 regular season?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.4%

Votes: 8 5.6%

Votes: 15 10.6%

Votes: 45 31.7%

Votes: 42 29.6%

Votes: 15 10.6%

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters
Went with 8 and no i'm not satisfied with 8 but it's a start.
I agree. 8 minimum or the season is a failure. I don’t care we might be a little young in spots. I’m done with expecting 5-6 wins. We need to consistently be in 8 win territory. I mean our division includes freaking UA, ASU, Utah and UCLA. These aren’t exactly football powerhouses. We should be winning games against those teams consistently (although obviously not beating them all in the same season too often).

And the o line was a massive failure last season. I expect major improvement this year.

12-0. And to those who already voted:
tenor.gif

LOL just kidding I went with six.

I went with 12. I never have an expectation of a loss and I hope the players and coaches think the same way!

It'd be a shocker if the Buffs win at UW with Gaskin coming back. Meanwhile a win at USC without Darnold and Nswou could be possible but we'll have to see if anyone steps up at USC. South is still wide open. Even if we beat USC, we might drop one in Tucson.

Really looking forward to 2018 and 2019.

CSU - W
@ Corn - L (pains me to say)
New Hampshire - W
UCLA - L
ASU - W
@ USC - L
@ Washington - L
OSU - W
@ Arizona - L
WSU - W
UTAH - W
@ CAL - L

If the 2016 team shows up we get 9 wins easy; 2017 team and we scrape by with 6. Think the turnaround for the Corn starts with Frost. He will make them an 8-4 to 10-2 team for the next 5-7 years. USC is ripe for an upset with so many unknowns and we play them early in the season. That will be our upset if we get one. Everyone came back to Washington, which SUCKS for us. WSU should return to form with a 6-6 season. ASU’s clusterfark of a hire buys us a few years of W’s on them. No one has figured out that Tate is going to run the ball yet against Arizona, so he will rack up Heisman level yards against us (again).

Too many questions on DL and OL. You don’t fire your DL coach 3 years too late and magically the line comes together in 8 months. That’s a 2-3 year project even with JUCO’s. Also, which coach Mac do we get? He obviously had eyes on the door in 2017, what’s changed? Plus, who is our RB again? How did we not steal a 5* this year with the offer of immediate playing time?

Caveat: THESE ARE NOT THE HAWKINS/EMBREE YEARS! We can legitimately play against every team on this schedule, and beat them all.

Heart wants 8 to 9 wins, head thinks we will be 6-6, maybe 7-5.

:^(

Pessimistic:
4 wins (CSU, N.H., Arizona State, OSU)
Reasons:Suspect Def. Coordinator, OL needs to grow and develop, DL coaching change and lack of DL talent, no proven RB, top 3 WR's gone, I. Oliver gone and 2 yr starter in Laguda, new OC strategy/plays. New HC search begins

Optimistic:
11 wins (CSU, Nubs, N.H., UCLA, ASU, USC, OSU, AZ, Wazzu, Utah, Cal)
Reasons: OL gels, OC change pay dividends in high scoring team, D. Lee emerges as RB and explodes, DL improves with new coach, LB leadership and play lead Defense, WR position goes 5 deep, Montez has a monster season, MM feels the pressure from RG to win.

CSU - W
@ Corn - L
New Hampshire - W
UCLA - L
ASU - L
@ USC - L
@ Washington - L
OSU - W
@ Arizona - L
WSU - L
UTAH - L
@ CAL - W

7 wins would mean a successful season to me. Stabilized as a winning program with a lot returning for 2019. Lots of fun moments as a fan within 7 victories. Keeps recruiting on the right track.

But the only time a 7 win season is "great" is if your program has been complete dog**** and it's a major breakthrough.... In other words, how I would feel about 2017 if I was a UT fan. :p
Which UT?

Never mind. Both. Either. Whatever.

I voted 9 Wins
I am between 9-11 Wins because I feel like MM is going to get his ass off the mat after the Tumpkins ordeal and actually coach this year instead of complain.
I think we are going to be better in every position (except RB, but I am optimistic), including in the defensive backfield with the Jucos.
Anything less than 8 would make me give up on MM, especially since I have been on the record that losing to Nebraska is unacceptable!!!
I am not very happy with the constant disrespect that we get in relation to schools like UCLA and Arizona that have not done anything significant, except for 2012 for UCLA and 2014 for Arizona. UCLA just had the best QB they have had in decades and they only won 17 out of 30 games he played. Yes, we are not consistent and yes we were sh**tholes for 10 years, but coming off of 2016 and moving forward with our actual roster and abilities, we are more prepared to be good than UCLA and Arizona and I believe we will be competing for the South and beat Utah!

I voted 9 Wins
I am between 9-11 Wins because I feel like MM is going to get his ass off the mat after the Tumpkins ordeal and actually coach this year instead of complain.
I think we are going to be better in every position (except RB, but I am optimistic), including in the defensive backfield with the Jucos.
Anything less than 8 would make me give up on MM, especially since I have been on the record that losing to Nebraska is unacceptable!!!
I am not very happy with the constant disrespect that we get in relation to schools like UCLA and Arizona that have not done anything significant, except for 2012 for UCLA and 2014 for Arizona. UCLA just had the best QB they have had in decades and they only won 17 out of 30 games he played. Yes, we are not consistent and yes we were sh**tholes for 10 years, but coming off of 2016 and moving forward with our actual roster and abilities, we are more prepared to be good than UCLA and Arizona and I believe we will be competing for the South and beat Utah!
I like your fire.

I'm going to ask not what should happen, but what we think will happen.

I think 5 wins or less and Mac is fired.
6-7 wins and his seat is red hot going into 2019
8+ wins and his job is relatively safe.

Do you think there's a chance that Mac gets fired even if he goes bowling?

If we only get 7 12 wins, you can kiss our Playoff chances goodbye!
FIFY, I honestly think we'd only get in as undefeated Pac12 champs.

Bama winning the playoff this year "justified" the committee's SEC division runner-up bias.

Bama winning the playoff this year "justified" the committee's SEC division runner-up bias.

1. My post was a long-running joke back to the 2016 season, so shut up.
2. Poll asked about regular season only, so shut up.

I would say the only Pac-12 teams that wouldn't get into the playoff with 1 loss (this is assuming one of those losses is in conference or to a P5 team OOC) would be Arizona, Utah, Washington State and possibly Cal.

I went with an optimistic 9. 10 seems like the ceiling and 5 is the floor.

2-0 vs CSU, NH.
2-1 in the @Neb, @Cal, @Ariz group
5-0 in the home conference games
0-2 @USC and @Wash
Very much agree with this except the 5-0 home conf. games. 2-0 for sure, and the 2-1 is extremely likely as we will be very evenly matched with these teams (except Nebraska as I firmly believe we have better athletes right now). I think we lose just one of those 5 home conf.

My pessimistic CU football world view says 7 which I voted. I think 8 is very possible with that schedule.

Very much agree with this except the 5-0 home conf. games. 2-0 for sure, and the 2-1 is extremely likely as we will be very evenly matched with these teams (except Nebraska as I firmly believe we have better athletes right now). I think we lose just one of those 5 home conf.

Yup, I started with 4-1 for the home conference games, and that's where optimism inflated it to 9.

I think we should be heavily favored over Nebraska, but I didn't want to chalk it because that's such a volatile game early in the season and it will be Frost's first real opponent in Lincoln.

Yup, I started with 4-1 for the home conference games, and that's where optimism inflated it to 9.

I think we should be heavily favored over Nebraska, but I didn't want to chalk it because that's such a volatile game early in the season and it will be Frost's first real opponent in Lincoln.

We will not be heavily favored over NE in Stinkin'. I'm not sure who will be favored, but either way IMO it will plus or minus 1-3 points. I do think the Buffs will win the game.

The Corn start their year against Akron, who I believe just got matching uniforms. They will win that by 50. We play CSU in their Super Bowl, so we probably only win by 14-21, giving up garbage TD’s at the end by switching to a 90% run game halfway though the third. Score reflects a “closer” game than it was and voila, THE CORN ARE A 2 TD FAVORITE IN STINKLON!

There are no books who will post nebraska as 14 point favorites in Lincoln over CU. That’s because, if they posted that line, every sharp would unload their bankroll on such a dubiously conceived line and the books would be bankrupted. More realistically, I could see Nebraska as 5-6 point opening favorites with a line move toward CU nearer to 2.5-4.

The Corn start their year against Akron, who I believe just got matching uniforms. They will win that by 50. We play CSU in their Super Bowl, so we probably only win by 14-21, giving up garbage TD’s at the end by switching to a 90% run game halfway though the third. Score reflects a “closer” game than it was and voila, THE CORN ARE A 2 TD FAVORITE IN STINKLON!

I like your fire.

I'm going to ask not what should happen, but what we think will happen.

I think 5 wins or less and Mac is fired.
6-7 wins and his seat is red hot going into 2019
8+ wins and his job is relatively safe.

Do you think there's a chance that Mac gets fired even if he goes bowling?

Another missed bowl and MM is gone-but I don't think he's on fire going into 2019 with a bowl bid.

CSU - W
@ Corn - L (pains me to say)
New Hampshire - W
UCLA - L
ASU - W
@ USC - L
@ Washington - L
OSU - W
@ Arizona - L
WSU - W
UTAH - W
@ CAL - L

If the 2016 team shows up we get 9 wins easy; 2017 team and we scrape by with 6. Think the turnaround for the Corn starts with Frost. He will make them an 8-4 to 10-2 team for the next 5-7 years. USC is ripe for an upset with so many unknowns and we play them early in the season. That will be our upset if we get one. Everyone came back to Washington, which SUCKS for us. WSU should return to form with a 6-6 season. ASU’s clusterfark of a hire buys us a few years of W’s on them. No one has figured out that Tate is going to run the ball yet against Arizona, so he will rack up Heisman level yards against us (again).

Too many questions on DL and OL. You don’t fire your DL coach 3 years too late and magically the line comes together in 8 months. That’s a 2-3 year project even with JUCO’s. Also, which coach Mac do we get? He obviously had eyes on the door in 2017, what’s changed? Plus, who is our RB again? How did we not steal a 5* this year with the offer of immediate playing time?

Caveat: THESE ARE NOT THE HAWKINS/EMBREE YEARS! We can legitimately play against every team on this schedule, and beat them all.

Heart wants 8 to 9 wins, head thinks we will be 6-6, maybe 7-5.

:^(
Is 8-4 to 10-2 a turnaround for the Huskers? They were 9-10 wins under Bo. I do think that is realistic for Nebraska but are they better than a 10 win team at best in today's world? I don't think so and that's not saying bad things about them, just that the landscape of college football has changed.

Back