What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB '17 MN PF Annika Jank (Signed to COLORADO)

Agree to some point. In the past I would have argued that the road to the top 10 would include having traditional power forwards and posts that are talented. Now I am so sure. IF a team can find a player 6-2 or better at the 5 who can defend, rebound and be a threat to post up and score then I am not sure that a traditional power forward is needed. Having said that, it's not easy to successfully to recruit talented post players as there are so few. I don't expect that CU will find one (at least not in the US) for '17. As someone else has pointed out, most of the top talent for '17 have developed relationships with coaches already.

The good news is that CU looks to be proactive in the class of '18 with three offers to talented bigs. let's hope that they can land a few of them.

Who are the two offers besides cosgrove?

Yes she can and every game I watch tells me more the lack of front court is killing us.

I think that this young lady is going to be a very good player for us but like most front court players, she will need some time to mature to the pace of the PAC. Unlike guards and wings, who are usually more athletic, posts and forwards need time to develop footwork and become used to playing against top quality defenders who are bigger and stronger than anyone they have faced in HS or AAU. Only a select few freshman ever rise quickly at the BCS level. The talent is just too much higher than anything they have seen before. I think if you look at Kenzi and even Zoe C, there has been a lot of improvement in their play this year when compared to last and I think they will continue to improve. They are not superstars but they have both given us some darn good games lately. The same will be the case with Monica next year. What's that new catchphrase......trust the process. :)

It seems that Jank will be one of many vying for playing time at the power forward spot next season. Makenzie Ellis, Monica Burich and Eleanor Jones will be the others fighting for time there.

My guess is Ellis and Burich may see time at the small forward spot next season.

Hoping Jones can get stronger during the offseason and heal whatever injuries she may have.

True what Ed says about forwards and centers. It's a more difficult transition because many times, in high school, they have been taller than everyone else.

I am happy to trust JR and the coaching staff's process.

Back