What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB - csu at CU

All I've got to say is What A Game!! I thought a couple times we were done and they fought back and then nailed the coffin shut!

Thankfully csu can't shoot free throws. If they could we probably would have lost. They are really good team except for FT shooting.

We have some offensive weapons. Reese is money, Smith is hitting her stride, Huggins is starting to be what we recruited her for and Jaz is playing well too!

Defense needs work though so we are going to have to outscore teams most of the time.

Great win tonight Ladies!

Lol if we want to win we will have to outscore the other team all the time but you get my point

Your previous post made perfect sense to me. :)

defense needs to to step it up so our offense can relax a bit and build leads.

Lol if we want to win we will have to outscore the other team all the time but you get my point

Next opponent is SJSU?

They fell at Utah in OT (picked next to CU in preseason poll) and got destroyed at Cal

Gotta get that W before **** gets real with visits to #17 Iowa and Missouri.

The game kept me on pins and needles, but the team played well in the two OTs. The five players that were out there in the 2 OTs, Haley Smith, Jamee Swan, Lexy Kresl, Jen Reese and Lauren Huggins, played so well, especially in the second OT. Kresl is a leader. Reese hit the FTs to send it to the first OT. Huggins swished a 3 to send it to the second OT. Kresl with a triple double. Jamee and Haley also played well. Jas would have still been on the floor possibly if she had not picked up a technical. Jas, you are a senior and that was not necessary.

I will be in attendance at the Iowa game. Arkansas beat Iowa at a tournament over Thanksgiving, so they can be beaten. Our defense will have to guard the 3 or we will get killed. Iowa draws well at home and it's a tough place to play. Can't wait for next Sunday.

Please stop with the negativity on Coach Lappe. She's doing fine and has a great recruiting class for next year. I've seen much worse at Colorado, thinking back to the days of KMM. Lappe gave credit to Assistant Coach Jamie Carey for drawing up the 3 for Huggins that sent the game to the second OT. She didn't take credit for the play.

A win like this has to give the team confidence. Stanford has now been beaten twice. They are no longer invincible.

buff190, last season, Huggins had stress fractures. She didn't suit up for several games and was never at full strength the entire season. Right now, she is healthy and we are seeing why she was recruited. She can hit the 3.

Kresl joined some elite company with the triple double. I saw Sandy Bean get hers, all those years ago. Sandy was an excellent basketball player back in the day.

No negativity from me on Coach Lappe. Will have to be much worse than it is now.

All I've got to say is What A Game!! I thought a couple times we were done and they fought back and then nailed the coffin shut! .....

Have to agree with that sentiment. More than once I thought that the rams would win but the Buffs showed a lot of heart and guts and fight. I just wonder why it took until so late in regulation for them to wake up and start playing well (when they closed that 12 or so point gap) and then again why it took until the second OT for them to turn it on again and pull ahead instead of letting the rams get ahead and having to again close a gap (like happened in the first OT).

Also, I noticed that Desiree Harris was not on the bench last night. Does anyone know whats up? Is she sick? She is still listed on the roster but I don't think she has gotten any playing time yet this season.

Desiree has not gotten in a single game. I don't know what is up. When I was there, the question was asked of Kelly Rae about Desiree and why she wasn't playing. Kelly Rae gave a non answer.

If she has decided to leave the team, the rosters were probably already printed. I think she is the only player who has not seen playing time this season.

Well, got the answer to my question about Desiree Harris. I just checked the online roster again. On Nov 30, she was still listed on the online roster but today she is no longer there. So it seems she has left the team. I'm guessing she will be transferring to a team where she can get playing time, which she wasn't getting here.

Back