What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB General Discussion 16-17

Looks like we can easily predict that Kennedy, Robinson and H. Smith will start. I wonder who the other two will be?

I have no doubt that they have a shot at the WNIT this season should they clean up their play a bit from last season.

CSU and Wyo are in Boulder this season, time to show both that last season was a fluke.

"I like to make things work for the team that you have. We inherited a team that's a little more guard heavy than teams that we've had in the past. We're going to try to play as up-tempo as we can this year, I think the strength of our team is our backcourt, so being able to transition and to get early opportunities in transition will be really important for this group. It's going to be very aggressive and very high tempo." - I like the first part of this quote. The rest is logical given the personnel.

"Haley Smiths. She's our kind of player, she's very versatile, she can do a variety of different things, so I love that about her basketball. She's also a kid that gives 100% effort in absolutely everything she does, which also fits our M.O. of playing tough and playing hard." - Don't forget that Haley has a deadly jumper and is excellent from the free-throw line.

"Eleanor (Jones) is our 6-4 Freshman from Scotland. She's maybe the most athletic player I've ever coached. She's been injured so she's been out most this fall, and just yesterday actually started easing back into practice. Again, she's extremely athletic, she lays the ball up at the rim, she can dunk, she can run, she might be one of the fastest two or three players on the team. She's one that will be very exciting future." - So she's 6'4"? Does that mean at some point this season she could play in the post? JR seems to be saying in a backhanded way that she's got a bit of learning to do in addition to being healthy.

There was a video saying that Eleanor is ambidextrous so can shoot with either hand. She has some kind of elbow injury. I also doubt the coaching she received in the UK is what the US players have received growing up.

Love that she can dunk and hope to see Eleanor dunk. It was funny to hear the players attempting to mimic Eleanor's accent on Media Day.

Huggins is also injured, so don't know when she will be back and ready to play. It's her senior year, so hope it's soon.

Seabrook. Love that she is playing pro basketball with the amount of playing time she saw under KMM.

Back