What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB in WNIT

The way this game finished has been the way this team has played all season. Arielle and Ashley, in particular, had great games. Jamee Swan had another fine game. Just wish I wasn't watching from 800 miles away on a computer.

Buffs already played Southern Utah back on 12/29/13 at the CECC. Buffs won 75-59. Hopefully we see another Buffs victory on Saturday. Will you be there? I will.

Buffs already played Southern Utah back on 12/29/13 at the CECC. Buffs won 75-59. Hopefully we see another Buffs victory on Saturday. Will you be there? I will.

iirc, it shouldn't have even been that close. Buffs should win this game and march on to the WNIT Round of 16.

Both players that are now out (Sborov and Reese) were uninjured and playing well at the time.

Both players that are now out (Sborov and Reese) were uninjured and playing well at the time.

Thanks. 75 points seems like a tall order this go-around, but if the game is in Boulder I will remain confident this team will fight hard for a win and move on.

Freshmen and Ashley Wilson have improved a lot since that time. Jamee Swan might turn in another good game.

I hope the Buffs can win at home and be in the WNIT Round of 16.

Curious evaluation discrepancies.... Warren Nolan RPI has SUU at 78 and CU at 104. That would seem to be advantage SUU. But Massey ratings have CU at 69 and SUU at 111 which would seem to be advantage CU. Of course last nights CSU vs SUU game Massey had the odds at CSU 74% and SUU 26% and we know SUU won. Should make for a good game but I think Buffs can win this one and advance again.

From recollection of the first game between CU and SUU back just before conference play started, CU played as they have too much this season - they were a bit lackadaisical for much of the game and they got their act together down the stretch to pull away.

Last night in Ft. Fun SUU pummeled CSWHo on the boards - 45 to 25. They aren't going to do so tomorrow night in Boulder. CU has been fairly consistent in out rebounding opponents as well as scoring in the paint. I would expect both Roberson and Swan to have an impact in the paint as they did Wednesday night.

Ladies dominate and advance. 3rd round of the WNIT, playing the winner of UTEP and St. Mary's

Congrats Buffs!

Especially great to see senior Rachel Hargis tie her career high in points this late in her career. Also was very solid on D as usual. Also Arielle Roberson with another double double; she has been looking better and better as the season's progressed.

Any chance the Buffs get another home game for the round of 16? I don't know how the WNIT works with game locations.

Any chance the Buffs get another home game for the round of 16? I don't know how the WNIT works with game locations.

I believe the answer is "yes." But the Buffs have had relatively poor attendance for their two games so far, so I wouldn't count on it. They will get the winner of the UTEP v St. Mary's game - to be played Monday night in El Paso. UTEP beat Arkansas State on Friday night in El Paso with 4500 in attendance.

As for CU's play last night, like many games this season they didn't play well for 40 minutes, but they did do enough down the stretch keep SUU from making it a game. Arielle dies indeed seem to be getting her game going. She was unstoppable at times in the second half.

Isn't it based on seeding? I'm guessing it's similar to the men's NIT, if a team's stadium is occupied (hosting an NCAA, under renovation, or other conflict), it goes to the lower seed.

Isn't it based on seeding? I'm guessing it's similar to the men's NIT, if a team's stadium is occupied (hosting an NCAA, under renovation, or other conflict), it goes to the lower seed.

The women's NIT does not seed the teams. Their brackets seem to be strictly along geographical lines (example: all of the PAC 12 teams are in one quarter of the bracket along with other western teams) They claim that locations are not based on attendance but it has seemed at times that that's been a key criteria.

The women's NIT does not seed the teams. Their brackets seem to be strictly along geographical lines (example: all of the PAC 12 teams are in one quarter of the bracket along with other western teams) They claim that locations are not based on attendance but it has seemed at times that that's been a key criteria.
Interesting, wasn't aware thanks for the info.

Carol Callan and Mike Rice said there were 850 in attendance last night. That does not bode well for another home game. They said if UTEP wins, the Wednesday game will be at UTEP. If St. Mary's wins, CU could get another home game since St. Mary's had to go to UTEP.

I was pleased for Rachel last night and the way she played. She does not want the season to end! Arielle played very well in the second half.

Yes, the Buffs were again inconsistent and still did not play well for 40 minutes. However, they got SUU in foul trouble instead of themselves. That has not always been the case this season. That was a good thing as SUU was making their FTs.

Wednesday night at the computer for me whether the game is in Boulder or Texas.

:gobuffs:

Mike and Carol were wrong. Buffs travel to UTEP on Friday for a 9 PM Eastern, 8 PM Central, 7 PM Rocky Mountain game. Time to prepare for the Sweet 16 of the WNIT.

Looking at Gametracker quick while watching the Sweet 16 games, and it looks like the Buffs are going to have to come from behind- down 28-16 to UTEP with ~7:00 left in the 1st half.

Reactions: aik
Buffs down 54-52 and they have the ball with just under 4 minutes left

Back