What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB: Lappe Buffs' top choice

Lappe is a done deal and will be announced this week. (Unless something really unexpected happens.)

Ceal really believes in her. Bohn has, for the most part, left this one in the search committee's hands.

I'm willing to take a chance on Lappe and take a wait-and-see approach before judging this hire. Her resume wouldn't pass the litmus test for football or men's basketball, but I'm a lot more willing to go with a high-risk hire in women's basketball. One thing that I believe will be key for Lappe to be successful is to hire a really good bench coach for her, probably someone older, who is a real technically sound Xs and Os person.

Lappe is a done deal and will be announced this week. (Unless something really unexpected happens.)

Ceal really believes in her. Bohn has, for the most part, left this one in the search committee's hands.

I'm willing to take a chance on Lappe and take a wait-and-see approach before judging this hire. Her resume wouldn't pass the litmus test for football or men's basketball, but I'm a lot more willing to go with a high-risk hire in women's basketball. One thing that I believe will be key for Lappe to be successful is to hire a really good bench coach for her, probably someone older, who is a real technically sound Xs and Os person.

If she can be a good representative of the program who has that link to the last time they were respected nationally and sign a top in-state player every year I'll be more satisfied. I think with the current men's coaching situation and football depth chart update my interest has been pulled away from this story, but I'll certainly check in again next winter to see if she is or isn't delivering an upgrade over KMM.

I don't see this working unless Barry is basically coaching the team. I think she will be doing most everything except sitting on the bench during games. Don't like this hire one bit.

I don't see this working unless Barry is basically coaching the team. I think she will be doing most everything except sitting on the bench during games. Don't like this hire one bit.

Just out of curiosity, are you a former player? Do you know Lappe personally?

I don't have an opinion of the hire, but I'm always interested in the insider perspective.

I am not a former player nor do I know Lappe personally any more than I know other former players. I am just a long time fan of the Lady Buffs. I watched Lappe play during her playing years.

I don't like that we hired a Division II coach because of our budget. Lappe needs to surround herself with some older assistants and the one named so far is definitely not older. :huh:

I'm just glad we showed KMM the door. Now she can focus on that UCLA job she wanted so badly. :)

I don't think Lappe was a bad hire either. Hiring older assistants doesn't really matter much imo. If you got it, you got it. Age doesn't guarantee any kind of success.

Experience helps get you success if it is at the right level and with the right programs. Obviously KMM wasn't up to coaching in the Big 12.

Experience helps get you success if it is at the right level and with the right programs. Obviously KMM wasn't up to coaching in the Big 12.

I agree with you. I'd feel a lot more comfortable having an Xs and Os bench coach who'd logged a few decades in college basketball.

Back