What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB - Makenzie Ellis is transferring from the University of Colorado

Swan?

I don't know if knight and diop can replace smith or not. I hope they can but neither has played close to PAC 12 competition. Those are big shoes to fill for a FR and a JUCO.

Curtis and Correal will be an upgrade over Watts and Correal at Center.

Kennedy should get even better at point.

Will Robinson be better coming off a ACL? It's possible. Cayla-Do should be better.

Power Forward will be a big question mark if we are done for new players. I think Jank starts. Hollingshed or another new player will back her up or Diop will be forced to play there some. Last year it was mostly Ellis and Beard-Fails with some Burich I guess.

The season will depend on if Robinson makes it back at 90% or better and if Jank and Knight are ready to start in the PAC 12 as true freshmen. JMO

Something short circuited between my brain and fingertips. Was thinking of Swan's production at the 4 the season before, which didn't get replaced and at the same time wondering if Correal might be able to replace some of that by shifting to the 4 next year for a good chunk of her minutes with Curtis coming in, but that's nowhere close to what I posted. :ROFLMAO:

Something short circuited between my brain and fingertips. Was thinking of Swan's production at the 4 the season before, which didn't get replaced and at the same time wondering if Correal might be able to replace some of that by shifting to the 4 next year for a good chunk of her minutes with Curtis coming in, but that's nowhere close to what I posted. :ROFLMAO:

Correal at the 4? That is something I would have to see to believe. She seems slow to me. I just have to believe that we will be having a 4 sign on before next season. I wish either Burich or Ellis stuck it out if we don't add somebody.

Correal at the 4? That is something I would have to see to believe. She seems slow to me. I just have to believe that we will be having a 4 sign on before next season. I wish either Burich or Ellis stuck it out if we don't add somebody.

Would depend on matchups, for sure. But to compare it with the men's team, I can see matchups over there where Tory Miller can play the 4 with a guy like Dallas Walton at the 5. Tory and Zoe are pretty similar, I think.

Looks like both Diop and Curtis are in line for serious playing time next season given graduation, attrition and the current depth chart. Perhaps both will be starters at some point in time. If Curtis can use her size on the offensive end to be a scoring threat she will be a welcome addition. And with Diop she could be the one to step in for Haley, especially with the departure of Ellis and Burich. The other options are two of the freshmen, Hollingshed and Knight. Although I think that CU could go small with Freeman along with Robinson (is she's healthy) on the wings.

Diop looks like she could use some time in the weight room which seems to be a summer priority for the team in general.

In the system that JR wants to run I don't then Zoe Correal could play much at the 4. She doesn't have the right skill set on either end of the floor.

Looks like both Diop and Curtis are in line for serious playing time next season given graduation, attrition and the current depth chart. Perhaps both will be starters at some point in time. If Curtis can use her size on the offensive end to be a scoring threat she will be a welcome addition. And with Diop she could be the one to step in for Haley, especially with the departure of Ellis and Burich. The other options are two of the freshmen, Hollingshed and Knight. Although I think that CU could go small with Freeman along with Robinson (is she's healthy) on the wings.

Diop looks like she could use some time in the weight room which seems to be a summer priority for the team in general.

In the system that JR wants to run I don't then Zoe Correal could play much at the 4. She doesn't have the right skill set on either end of the floor.

Hollingshed is a 4.

Coaches are very high on Knight. She will be eventual replacement at the 3 for Haley and maybe starting the season. Both her and Diop need to hit the weight room.

Agree on Correal. No chance to play anything but the 5. I just hope she gets better at the 5.

Last edited:
Seems that coaches think she's a wing. JR has stated so several times. Although at her height perhaps she'll play the 4 as well.

Especially in their upper bodies.

Other coaches on staff say 4 and I think we all know she will be a 4.

Yea, that's where most of these young women need the work. I would think they will look completely different by opening tip off in November 2018.

A quick reaction to the new signings is that we could see all three of the juco transfers starting at some point in the season, perhaps sooner than later.

1 - Kennedy Leonard 5-8 jr
2 - Alexis Robinson 5-10 jr
3 - Mathilde Diop 6-2 so
4 - Janea Bund 6-3 jr
5 - Jaime Curtis 6-7 jr

I'm guessing that all of the newcomers will be good at implementing the defenses that the Buffs liked to use this season, especially trapping.

Gonna need a program for sure to start the season. 7 new faces on the team. Looking forward to seeing what they all bring to the court.

A quick reaction to the new signings is that we could see all three of the juco transfers starting at some point in the season, perhaps sooner than later.

1 - Kennedy Leonard 5-8 jr
2 - Alexis Robinson 5-10 jr
3 - Mathilde Diop 6-2 so
4 - Janea Bund 6-3 jr
5 - Jaime Curtis 6-7 jr

I'm guessing that all of the newcomers will be good at implementing the defenses that the Buffs liked to use this season, especially trapping.

It's going to be hard to keep Jank and Knight off the court. I think that Knight starts. Jank and Bund will battle. I think when Curtis goes out, Bund can play the 5 and Jank will be at the 4.

I think Thomas backs up Leonard or Carter does. Cayla-Do will spell Lexi. Correal will sub for Curtis or vice-versa. Knight and Diop will split time. Squad might be improved if Lexi is healthy.

It's going to be hard to keep Jank and Knight off the court. I think that Knight starts. Jank and Bund will battle. I think when Curtis goes out, Bund can play the 5 and Jank will be at the 4.

I think Thomas backs up Leonard or Carter does. Cayla-Do will spell Lexi. Correal will sub for Curtis or vice-versa. Knight and Diop will split time. Squad might be improved if Lexi is healthy.
Sounds nice having a decent 2 deep at every position for a change. Also have Freeman to add more depth at the 2 or 3. Or is your omission of her an indication that she may be leaving also?

Isn't there a 4* or 5* PG coming in from back east - younger sister to one of the current players?

Isn't there a 4* or 5* PG coming in from back east - younger sister to one of the current players?
That was Alexis Robinson's younger sister Mykasa as a 2018 recruit. However she decommitted from CU a month or so ago and has just the other day committed to Louisville.

No inside info on this one but I'm guessing Mackenzie announces she's transferring there soon.

Not to far of a leap and a win/win for them both. A family gets two daughters close to home on scholarship and the Buffs get a scholarship back and an opportunity for the staff to get "their" kind of player.

Not to far of a leap and a win/win for them both. A family gets two daughters close to home on scholarship and the Buffs get a scholarship back and an opportunity for the staff to get "their" kind of player.

She is a loss and the staff wanted her back. She would've contributed and this is nothing like the other transfers. We are thin at the positions she plays next year but maybe the younger players can develop.

She is a loss and the staff wanted her back. She would've contributed and this is nothing like the other transfers. We are thin at the positions she plays next year but maybe the younger players can develop.

No doubt. Point is you are always better with players that want to be here vs those that don't. I think the freshman and transfers will be equally if not more productive by mid season then what we got this year from the 4 spot.

No doubt. Point is you are always better with players that want to be here vs those that don't. I think the freshman and transfers will be equally if not more productive by mid season then what we got this year from the 4 spot.

I have always believed that if a kid who doesn't want to be in your program, let them go. It can become divisive and cause locker room problems, etc.

I just want to see good post play next season because we did not see that last season.

Burich had to have been working on this during the season as quickly as it was announced where she was transferring.

How many years of eligibility does she have? She had a medical RS at CU, played a year at CU and now has to sit out a year at Drake. 2 years left I think. By transferring, does that mean she can't request a 6th year due to the ACL during her true freshmen season?

Pretty sure Burich was heavily recruited by Drake when she was in high school. So it might not have taken more than one conversation with their coaches for her to lock up the transfer destination.
No info on her eligibility status.

Burich was recruited by Drake while in high school. They had to have an opening at her position for them to take her, but, yes, it may have taken only one conversation.

Back