What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WBB visiting Stanford- 8:00 MT

Impressive performance! Do we get Stanford at home this year too? If so, I bet we see a win!

62-55 Stanford is the final score.

Well Buffs- VERY good effort and they looked a lot better than the last game. Keep it up and get Cal on Monday.

Good effort. This team could accomplish some things. Important not to let Stanford beat them twice after laying it all out there tonight. The Cal game is huge.

Impressive performance! Do we get Stanford at home this year too? If so, I bet we see a win!

Looking at the schedule, looks like we only play Stanford, Cal, Oregon and Oregon State once this year to get to the 18 game conference slate, so we're done with the Trees (unless we play them in the Pac tourney).

Just for some (unfortunate) trivia, went in and looked at the records of all the Buff women's "team" sports (basketball, lacrosse, soccer and volleyball), and if I counted right the Buffs are a combined 0-20 against Stanford since joining the Pac 12, and 4-33 lifetime. Basketball is the only team that has EVER beaten Stanford, and has a lifetime 4-12 record, with the last win back in 2002.

Looking at it in detail, I guess this isn't too surprising. The LOWEST national ranking any Stanford women's team has had when the Buff teams have played them while part of the Pac 12 has been:
Basketball- 6th up to this year (they are "only" ranked #15 right now)
Lacrosse- Trees ranked 8th last year when the Buffs played them (of course the one time they've played the Buffs in our newest sport)
Soccer- 4th
Volleyball- 8th (Always top 3 except for 2013 season)

Last edited:
When the Buffs made that run, I had a wee bit of hope that they just might upset Stanford, but it was not to be.

I was at the game in Missoula, Montana in, I think, 1993 when we upset Stanford in the NCAA tournament. They were the defending national champions. We got blown out by the eventual champion Texas Tech in the next game. That Stanford game was so much fun.

And I was at the NCAA in Boise in 2002 when CU last beat Stanford, knocking them out of the "Big 12 Regional" .... It was Stanford, CU, TTU, and OU. After CU beat Furd in the sweet 16 match they got blown out by OU who went on to play in but lose the final.

That was also a fun one to watch. Close game, CU won protecting its lead by making their free throws in the final seconds. Great comment by Randy Wirt when she was asked about that ... (paraphrasing now) "They are just free throws. We shoot them every day in practice." Like there was no pressure in shooting free throws with the game and a trip to the elite 8 on the line.

I used to go to Coach Barry's practices. Those kids were under pressure when they practiced free throws and most practiced free throws on their own time back in those days.

Massive difference between the Long Beach game and Stanford. CU kept themselves in the game yesterday by doing what they haven't much of this season, cut down the turnovers and rebound. If they had played a bit better defensively against the perimeter players of Standford they would have had a real shot at winning.

Good heavens, what would have been CU's chances had Jamee played real minutes? She played something like 21 and led the team in scoring and rebounding. She absolutely has to keep out of foul trouble and on the court. She's the best player the Buffs have.

Do the Buffs have a chance in Berkeley tomorrow night? If they play like they did v Stanford they do.

Agree on Jamee and her minutes and that the Buffs have a chance against Cal.

Just read a commentary on the Stanford game on a blog written by some Stanford fans. They were shocked that CU stayed in the game and said Stanford couldn't contain CU's inside game because they don't have one. Also said without Orrange, CU would have won the game. Said it would not have been an upset as Stanford is not the team of old.

Back