What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to Ann Arbor Michigan

I briefly caught a guy doing sports radio and he made a great point imo.

College sports has a huge problem due to not being set up with leadership. Neither the NCAA nor the conference are fully in charge. Without leadership, you can't govern.

Further, if you look at this B1G punishment of Michigan it is horrible governance. If they have the evidence, this punishment is ridiculously light. If they don't have the evidence, they have no grounds to punish. So which is it? Sure appears that the B1G commish is completely political. "Got to give all these complaining members something, but don't want to make too big of an enemy out of Michigan. So I guess I'll split the baby and hope that buys me enough time to wash my hands of it and put it on the NCAA to decide things."
Maaaayyybee…the B1G is playing 4-D chess, immediately suspending him against a good Penn State team, hoping UM will lose, then will also lose to OSU, won’t be in the playoffs, and everyone will forget about it.

A TRO "restrains" a party from taking an action, not limited to just domestic actions. Also could be termed a temporary injunction.

I would prefer that Harbaugh coached Michigan today, to see what happens when the other team isn't giving up their signals.

Isolate the variable.
Why wouldn’t UM have the signs today, whether Harbaugh is coaching or not? Wouldn’t they have acquired those already? Or are you saying they changed them since the last game?

Why wouldn’t UM have the signs today, whether Harbaugh is coaching or not? Wouldn’t they have acquired those already? Or are you saying they changed them since the last game?
Harbaugh not on the sidelines means that UMich can’t steal signs?
I would imagine that Penn State has done something to mitigate sign stealing.

What I'm saying is that if UM loses, their fans will point to Harbaugh's absence. If they lose (think TCU) AND Harbaugh is coaching, it's easier to point to sign-stealing as being correlated.

Also: Why is Gameday tickling Michigan's balls here? Is anybody willing to hold them accountable, or at least acknowledge the seriousness of this?

I do feel it is ridiculous to suspend the HC when the investigation is ongoing and there is zero definitive evidence of wrongdoing on his part.

Sets a very dangerous precedence imo
Opposite it true.

The dangerous precedent is to not act.

Under the rules they don't have to have definitive evidence on his part. They have clear evidence that there was advance in-person scouting by a member of the Michigan staff who then was interacting with Michigan coaches.

NCAA rules clearly and without exception state that the head coach is responsible for knowing and controlling what happens in his program, institutional control.

And even if they don't have memos or other stated evidence that Harbaugh knew it is utterly ridiculous to think that his coaches were using the information and he didn't know what was going on. These coaches are control freaks, they know every detail of what is happening.

Watched some of GameDay this morning and the general feeling is that this will motivate Michigan even more. I feel the opposite, that with the distractions combined with the fact that Michigan is untested so far PSU wins today.
If I'm a Michigan player, I am pissed, feeling disrespected, and 100% focused on showing the world that there is no asterisk next to what we've accomplished.

I briefly caught a guy doing sports radio and he made a great point imo.

College sports has a huge problem due to not being set up with leadership. Neither the NCAA nor the conference are fully in charge. Without leadership, you can't govern.

Further, if you look at this B1G punishment of Michigan it is horrible governance. If they have the evidence, this punishment is ridiculously light. If they don't have the evidence, they have no grounds to punish. So which is it? Sure appears that the B1G commish is completely political. "Got to give all these complaining members something, but don't want to make too big of an enemy out of Michigan. So I guess I'll split the baby and hope that buys me enough time to wash my hands of it and put it on the NCAA to decide things."

According to this, it sounds like they do have evidence.

I would imagine that Penn State has done something to mitigate sign stealing.

What I'm saying is that if UM loses, their fans will point to Harbaugh's absence. If they lose (think TCU) AND Harbaugh is coaching, it's easier to point to sign-stealing as being correlated.

Also: Why is Gameday tickling Michigan's balls here? Is anybody willing to hold them accountable, or at least acknowledge the seriousness of this?
Because a blue blood stealing signs isn’t a serious matter for the money folks.

SIAP, but I'm flabbergasted by the leverage UM thinks they have (and probably do have) to go down this road. I wish the schools I rooted for had leverage to threaten leaving one of the P2, knowing they'd be welcome and financially just fine in the other one.

Tony Petitti has no idea how badly he just botched his job, but here is a hint: In a meeting last week, Michigan’s regents discussed possibly leaving the Big Ten if Petitti suspended coach Jim Harbaugh without what the school considered due process, a person familiar with those discussions told Sports Illustrated.

link

SIAP, but I'm flabbergasted by the leverage UM thinks they have (and probably do have) to go down this road. I wish the schools I rooted for had leverage to threaten leaving one of the P2, knowing they'd be welcome and financially just fine in the other one.

link
I hope they do leave. Something drastic needs to happen to get this **** show of a sport under one governing body and I think Michigan leaving the B1G for the SEC could be the start of it.

I hope they do leave. Something drastic needs to happen to get this **** show of a sport under one governing body and I think Michigan leaving the B1G for the SEC could be the start of it.
it certainly would be a move that garners the attention of the sports watching nation.

link
It's only leverage if the other party thinks you will follow through with the threat. Michigan would be valuable to the SEC. Probably accretive. But are they really going to give up the biggest regular season game in the sport because their fee-fees got hurt? That game is worth money to Michigan (and Ann Arbor), too. No game against an SEC school is going to replace it in terms of revenue and visibility.

It's only leverage if the other party thinks you will follow through with the threat. Michigan would be valuable to the SEC. Probably accretive. But are they really going to give up the biggest regular season game in the sport because their fee-fees got hurt? That game is worth money to Michigan (and Ann Arbor), too. No game against an SEC school is going to replace it in terms of revenue and visibility.
assume you're talking about their game w/ OSU. but you're assuming that if UM left the B1G that OSU would refuse to schedule them -- I'm not sure that assumption is justified

The idea that Michigan would leave the B1G for the SEC is comical

Can't lose to Ohio State if he doesn't "coach" the game
Think About It GIF by Identity

what a crock of **** and so predictable.

the conference ends its own investigation. michigan takes its best shot at the nc. in 18 months or so, the ncaa will decide that michigan should be punished. oh goss. "vacating" some wins maybe? or maybe a prospective bowl ban or prospective loss of scholarships or similar wrist slap?

in that interim, michigan and the b10 capitalize on whatever michigan is able to achieve in the CFP and bank the money and eyeballs. harbaugh, if he doesn't like the way the ncaa is going to handle the scandal, will scoot off to the nfl and that will be that.

no order to show cause on him. no consequence to this team for cheating. maybe the former assistant gets an order to show cause. that will fix everything.

the ncaa is a chicken **** feckless soulless body of dithering corrupt douchebags who have failed entirely and utterly in their mission.

beyonce middle finger GIF

oh and this whole **** about "not punishing the players" is also a total crock of ****.

the ncaa will ULTIMATELY impose some sanctions on the michigan program, but the players who will suffer from those sanctions are not even the group of players that benefitted from the cheating and that future group of players will have eat whatever **** the ncaa decides long after the spoils of glory have gone to a different set of players and coaches.

this stinks.

oh and this whole **** about "not punishing the players" is also a total crock of ****.

the ncaa will ULTIMATELY impose some sanctions on A michigan program, but the players who will suffer from those sanctions are not even the group of players that benefitted from the cheating and that future group of players will have eat whatever **** the ncaa decides long after the spoils of glory have gone to a different set of players and coaches.

this stinks.
Central Michigan better watch out, 3 years of probation for lending a recruit a pair of gloves on an official visit.

Back