What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We should be trying to add a (quality) transfer every year

Once again, can someone please prove to me that Tad ISN'T trying to pull in a transfer? Considering he's done it twice in 4 years (Carlon & Fortune), I'm finding it hard to believe that Tad is ignoring all the players on the transfer market.

Two transfers over the last fours seasons is pretty miniscule. As far you asking how we know he's not trying to do more; with media and the internet being what it is today it's typically pretty clear when a team is pursuing a player and very rarely over the past few years have we even been linked to transfers. No Tad's not "ignoring" transfers but it's pretty obvious he's not making any kind of a concerted effort with them either; It's essentially been an after thought. Just yesterday, before the "transfer market" even "opened" he decided to use our only available scholarship on some random forward with an underwhelming offer list and stats. Reeks of Talton, Stalzer, and King all over again.

The concept of "proven transfers" makes me laugh, if a guy has had the opportunity to prove himself, they generally don't transfer.

All credibility lost with this statement. Maybe this isn't something you follow but every year there are dozens of players who are playing top-tier minutes and putting up productive stats but still decide to transfer.

As far as this idea of a "proven commodity" I realize it's not a perfect science but I'd much rather take my chances with a guy who has for example been a double-digit scorer at the D-I level then simply hoping/projecting that a HS recruit can become that; especially given the level of players Tad has been landing lately.

Last edited:
Two transfers over the last fours seasons is pretty miniscule. As far you asking how we know he's not trying to do more; with media and the internet being what it is today it's typically pretty clear when a team is pursuing a player and very rarely over the past few years have we even been linked transfers. No Tad's not "ignoring" transfers but it's pretty obvious he's not making any kind of a concerted effort with them either; It's essentially been an after thought. Just yesterday, before the "transfer market" even "opened" he decided to use our only available scholarship on some random forward with an underwhelming offer list and stats. Reeks of Talton, Stalzer, and King all over again.

We were linked to Evan Smotrycz, Connor Frankamp, Ricky Kreklow and Ebuka Anyaorah - all under Boyle. And we've landed Chen and Kevin Nelson - who are lower level guys, but were transfers none the less. Once again, you can criticize him for not landing them, but you need to stop saying we're not trying.

EDIT - and that's not counting JUCO's we've gone after.

Two transfers over the last fours seasons is pretty miniscule. As far you asking how we know he's not trying to do more; with media and the internet being what it is today it's typically pretty clear when a team is pursuing a player and very rarely over the past few years have we even been linked to transfers. No Tad's not "ignoring" transfers but it's pretty obvious he's not making any kind of a concerted effort with them either; It's essentially been an after thought. Just yesterday, before the "transfer market" even "opened" he decided to use our only available scholarship on some random forward with an underwhelming offer list and stats. Reeks of Talton, Stalzer, and King all over again.

All credibility lost with this statement. Maybe this isn't something you follow but every year there are dozens of players who are playing top-tier minutes and putting up productive stats but still decide to transfer.

As far as this idea of a "proven commodity" I realize it's not a perfect science but I'd much rather take my chances with a guy who has for example been a double-digit scorer at the D-I level then simply hoping/projecting that a HS recruit can become that; especially given the level of players Tad has been landing lately.
Your first paragraph is a bunch of value judgments. Tad hasn't been Oregon. He also hasn't ignored transfers, especially when you include JUCOs. Unless you provide some iota of evidence that he's way to the conservative side with transfers, this is entirely a bunch of bull**** you are guessing on.

Dude, either counter the argument or don't post. **** like this is getting REALLY old for everyone and I'm tired of getting PMs from people bitching about it.
I'm the one you call out for not countering? Uh ok.

I have a friend that's coaching one of the top 3 PG prospects in the nation at the JUCO level.....he's also got some friends (or friend) on the CU coaching staff. When I asked him why CU wasn't coming after his kid (pg) while some of the bigger name coaches in the country have been visiting practice on a regular basis, and he said that he tried to steer the kid to CU, but there was basically no interest from CU... at all. Said that his friend on the CU staff basically told him that Tad had no interest in this kid, and they felt they were good at the guard spot....kind've disappointed me. I understand that Collier is highly recruited player, but this kid is ready to contribute and score right now, and he looks legit.

[MENTION=10331]blynch32[/MENTION] - if its Austin Pope no one will touch the kid he's radio-active. If its Brantley Boyle will not step on Turgeon's toes.

We were linked to Evan Smotrycz, Connor Frankamp, Ricky Kreklow and Ebuka Anyaorah - all under Boyle. And we've landed Chen and Kevin Nelson - who are lower level guys, but were transfers none the less. Once again, you can criticize him for not landing them, but you need to stop saying we're not trying.

EDIT - and that's not counting JUCO's we've gone after.

Yes we've gone after some transfer, never said we haven't. But going after just one or so player a year isn't much. Couldn't we cast a bit wider of a net? It's obvious that not much of a concerted effort is being made here. IMO we should be going after a handful of transfer every year, not a handful of transfers over the course of five years. Again Tad hasn't completely ignored transfers but he hasn't put nearly the emphasis on them that he should be either. I find yesterday's addition particularly questionable given the impact that a veteran transfer guard could have on this team.

And for the record by transfers I'm not talking about JUCO's, don't want. And superninCHENdo and Nelson are pretty much irrelevant within the context of my argument.

I don't believe this is even a debate. What would everyone rather have, someone of the ilk of Carlon Brown or Josh Fortune or some of the spring recruits we've added the past few seasons? And its not like there was much competition to land those two players if you're thinking this is some "easier said then done" type scenario.

Last edited:

Since I don't follow college basketball, can you provide me with a list of double digit scorers who are proven commodities that have transferred the last 4 years?

Since I don't follow college basketball, can you provide me with a list of double digit scorers who are proven commodities that have transferred the last 4 years?
Can we also get a reason why each are leaving?

Back