What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We won DESPITE Hawkins...

So if he doesn't get to 8 wins, regardless of if he gets canned or not, how do you know who won the bet?

Oh, and tell me that the wager was for a burrito. Otherwise it's a worthless bet....:smile2:

Last edited:
I made a bet with another CU fan yesterday. He thinks Hawk is gone, no matter what. I said 8+ wins saves his job. Granted, I don't think he gets to 8 under any circumstance, but I don't see any way in hell that he gets fired after winning 8.

We were having this conversation in the chat on gameday. With Saturday's win, CU is 3-1. Home games remain against Tech, Baylor, ISU, and KSU. Road games remain against Mizzou, Kansas, OU, and Nebraska.

If Colorado wins all the home games, and wins ONE of the road game -- they finish 8-4.

Now the biggest task from that, to me, is not to win ONE road game, but rather to win ALL the home games. Tech appears to be fading a bit, they have certainly lost a bit in the coaching transition. Baylor, with Robert Griffin III back at QB, looks to be on a bit of a roll. I am glad this game is at home. ISU seems to be a bit up-and-down, and like CU they have had road problems. KSU is a one-headed monster. They have absolutely no passing attack whatsoever.

If Colorado gets to 8-4 I can't see any way that they fire Hawkins. Now, Hawkins might decide to leave to go to another job - but I can't see him getting fired. One thing that Bohn does have in his corner is the fact that Hawkins still has TWO (2) years left on his contract. (Contract runs through 2012) So he doesn't necessarily have extend Hawkins, even if he does produce a 8-4 season.

However- our recruiting for this year is totally in the tank at the moment. Biggest game on our football schedule was Saturday -- and the recruiting sites say there were like 5 or 6 kids there on official visits.

Hawkins may have made some questionable calls, but all in all that was a great win. When AJ Green was on the field Georgia was dynamic. We countered with a pretty good looking offense. I am pleased the O-line finally showed some life.

But the game ball goes to Hansen. He was phenomenal. He kept a lot of plays alive with his feet (to then throw or run). He did not have perfect pass protection all night (which is to be expected versus a Georgia defense), but he was very elusive. He also was not afraid to run in this game. Couple all that with great throws to Jefferson and Richardson (which was a catch) and he was the difference tonight. Maybe with some confidence now he will be able to play like that every week.

Mrs. Hawk was on the field for one reason only. An attempt to eliminate any questions about his future at CU. Not cool to ask that in front of the Mrs.

So if he doesn't get to 8 wins, regardless of if he gets canned or not, how do you know who won the bet?

Oh, and tell me that the wager was for a burrito. Otherwise it's a worthless bet....:smile2:

No payout unless the Buffs win 8. Therefore, it will likely never come to pass. :lol:

Case of beer and a burrito is the bet.

i find your "read" of hawkins and his wife in the post-game interview very interesting. i am not saying for sure you are wrong, but i too feel like i read people pretty well and i totally read him and his wife differently than you did. i think he was going through the motions, trying to justify himself and his methods, without really believing it will be enough to save his arse. his wife wouldn't even look up. i think they know they are done, but he's being a professional to the extent he can. he knows it will take a miracle to save him.

that's my read of the exact same interview--- pretty funny the 180 degree difference. who knows? i guess we will see...

Really? I thought he was very comfortable and smug. Maybe he'd be smug if facing a firing squad...maybe that's just his personality, but I thought he came off confident, casual and sure of himself. Misti did look up at him, kept a little smile on her face the whole time. She got knocked around a bit, when someone bumped into her from behind, but didn't show it...didn't seem to startle her at all. She looked at the commentator a few times...mostly she was looking straight ahead...probably at all the fans on the field. But yeah, you and I saw something completely different and we will have to wait and see how it all turns out.

Really? I thought he was very comfortable and smug. Maybe he'd be smug if facing a firing squad...maybe that's just his personality, but I thought he came off confident, casual and sure of himself. Misti did look up at him, kept a little smile on her face the whole time. She got knocked around a bit, when someone bumped into her from behind, but didn't show it...didn't seem to startle her at all. She looked at the commentator a few times...mostly she was looking straight ahead...probably at all the fans on the field. But yeah, you and I saw something completely different and we will have to wait and see how it all turns out.
I thought Misti looked uncomfortable - like she was weary of the media and Dan talking to the media

I thought Misti looked uncomfortable - like she was weary of the media and Dan talking to the media

Maybe she's weary of her husband. The thing is, she came on the field, so maybe that "rush the field" was a planned thing. It would have been very easy for her to go into to Dal Ward and wait for him...she probably even has one of those rooms that over look the field available to her all the time. Maybe he wanted her with him to show solidarity, etc.

Sometimes we read too much into things. Married couples often like to be together when one of them experiences a big moment. Nothing to see here except a strong marriage.

The whole "Misti on the sideline at the end of the game" thing was really strange. Have you ever seen that happen with any other coach's wife before?

I mean I could understand if it was the national championship game or something, and the wife came down to be with the coach during the trophy presentation, but a mid-season game against a 1-3 opponent?

Orchestrated or not the whole scene was just odd.

Sometimes we read too much into things. Married couples often like to be together when one of them experiences a big moment. Nothing to see here except a strong marriage.

...yeah exactly. I think it's great that Misti was there...who cares why??...

Back on point though - I hope Hawk gets fired anything less than a BCS game. Since that will highly likely NOT happen, I hope he gets canned. I do think wins will save his job though.

Thats a fair assessment, Im as guilty as any reading into it. My parents have a very strong one so good for Hawk.

Thats a fair assessment, Im as guilty as any reading into it. My parents have a very strong one so good for Hawk.

I don't think "stand by your man" for the tv cameras assures they have a strong marriage. I think that's been proven many times over while some scandal is enveloping a husband and the loyal wife stands by his side. Until a few months later, when they separate and file for divorce.

I don't think "stand by your man" for the tv cameras assures they have a strong marriage. I think that's been proven many times over while some scandal is enveloping a husband and the loyal wife stands by his side. Until a few months later, when they separate and file for divorce.

I am not reading much into this... I believe Hawk is a VERY GOOD MAN and has a wonderful marriage that appears strong..... I am not buying into anything more than that.... she was probably very proud to be there with him... This is a BIG victory for him.... I'll admit that.

Mrs. Hawkins came down to the sidelines at the end of a big game...so what. I really don't think there is anything more to it than that.

Maybe yall are right but I like to see the good of a unit because I get to see the ugly of one on a daily basis. I hope she was there because of the good, I think she probably was.

Back