What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 12 Other Games

Ashley out for the game. Zona is going to lose soon. Is tonight the night?

Last edited:
I'm sure nobody cares, but what a crazy game I was at tonight for Georgia State vs UT-Arlington. I've never seen a team (UTA) lead by 8 at the half by hitting I believe was only one 2 pt FG and something like 12 threes. Down 4 with about 12 seconds left, then GSU hit 2 threes in the last 5.5 seconds to force overtime and then won it 101-91. Here are some highlights if anyone wants to see.

http://instagram.com/p/j51dOmOmot/
http://instagram.com/p/j52cI6umpg/
http://instagram.com/p/j53YRLumqV/

I'm sure nobody cares, but what a crazy game I was at tonight for Georgia State vs UT-Arlington. I've never seen a team (UTA) lead by 8 at the half by hitting I believe was only one 2 pt FG and something like 12 threes. Down 4 with about 12 seconds left, then GSU hit 2 threes in the last 5.5 seconds to force overtime and then won it 101-91. Here are some highlights if anyone wants to see.

http://instagram.com/p/j51dOmOmot/
http://instagram.com/p/j52cI6umpg/
http://instagram.com/p/j53YRLumqV/

Congrats to your GSU squad. Looks like a Dance bid isn't out of the question for them with that undefeated conference record. Just a case of taking care of business in the conference tournament. Unfortunately Western Kentucky has a knack for winning the conference tourney and getting the Dance ticket.

Also, Syracuse vs Duke got all the ACC coverage this week, but a vastly important ACC game takes place tomorrow with Virginia at Pitt. Virginia is alone in 2nd with 1 conference loss and Pitt alone in 3rd with 2 conference losses. A Virginia win puts them in position to potentially win the ACC as Syracuse visits in a few weeks and the remaining schedule is quite manageable. A UVA loss and Cuse will have breathing room with a 2 game lead on UVA and Pitt (Duke has 3 conference losses and North Carolina 4). Going to be a battle, UVA is playing about as good as anyone right now and is very composed on the road. Pitt is no slouch themselves, ranked 18th and vying to finish 2nd or 3rd in the ACC. Cuse has a very difficult remaining schedule with trips to Duke, UVA, and Pitt. Undefeated isn't happening. UVA and Pitt have much more manageable slates.

Last edited:
Virginia wins at Pitt. Huge, huge win. It's between Cuse and UVA for the ACC, it seems. Cuse has the far more difficult remaining schedule but 1 game ahead.

[h=4]2013-14 ACC STANDINGS[/h]
TEAMCONFGBOVR
#2 Syracuse8-0--21-0
Virginia8-1.517-5
#18 Pittsburgh6-32.518-4
#17 Duke6-32.517-5
Clemson5-3314-6
Maryland5-43.513-9
North Carolina4-4414-7
North Carolina State4-54.514-8
Wake Forest4-54.514-8
Florida State4-54.513-8
Georgia Tech3-65.512-10
Notre Dame3-65.512-10
Miami (FL)2-6611-10
Boston College2-666-15
Virginia Tech1-87.58-13

I'd rather see UVA win the ACC than Syracuse. Don't like the new guys coming in and dominating (of course, VT did the ACC football championship their first year and I wasn't complaining then). VT fans generally don't like Boeheim -- back in Big East days he successfully lobbied for a scheduling clause to ensure Syracuse never had to travel to Blacksburg for regular season conference games. That being said, I'll root for the Orange in the NCAA against non-ACC teams.

Virginia wins at Pitt. Huge, huge win. It's between Cuse and UVA for the ACC, it seems. Cuse has the far more difficult remaining schedule but 1 game ahead.

2013-14 ACC STANDINGS

TEAMCONFGBOVR
#2 Syracuse8-0--21-0
Virginia8-1.517-5
#18 Pittsburgh6-32.518-4
#17 Duke6-32.517-5
Clemson5-3314-6
Maryland5-43.513-9
North Carolina4-4414-7
North Carolina State4-54.514-8
Wake Forest4-54.514-8
Florida State4-54.513-8
Georgia Tech3-65.512-10
Notre Dame3-65.512-10
Miami (FL)2-6611-10
Boston College2-666-15
Virginia Tech1-87.58-13

I'd rather see UVA win the ACC than Syracuse. Don't like the new guys coming in and dominating (of course, VT did the ACC football championship their first year and I wasn't complaining then). VT fans generally don't like Boeheim -- back in Big East days he successfully lobbied for a scheduling clause to ensure Syracuse never had to travel to Blacksburg for regular season conference games. That being said, I'll root for the Orange in the NCAA against non-ACC teams.

I'll take some Hokie support! UVA's form in conference play is unlike anything I've seen in years of following them, and that includes some damn good teams. People forget just how good the Hoos were in the Jeff Lamp, Ralph Sampson, Bryant Stith days (70s-90s) They last won the ACC regular season in 2007, but they're a notch above that team right now. They are on their way to doing something very, very special both in conference play and in the Dance. Throw the OOC losses out the window, this is a completely different team now that the rotation is settled and they're getting fantastic point guard play.

I'll take some Hokie support! UVA's form in conference play is unlike anything I've seen in years of following them, and that includes some damn good teams. People forget just how good the Hoos were in the Jeff Lamp, Ralph Sampson, Bryant Stith days (70s-90s) They last won the ACC regular season in 2007, but they're a notch above that team right now. They are on their way to doing something very, very special both in conference play and in the Dance. Throw the OOC losses out the window, this is a completely different team now that the rotation is settled and they're getting fantastic point guard play.

Dude you are practically twisting the knife.

Dude you are practically twisting the knife.

We don't recruit a 4* PG coached by the best PG coach in the West whose only Pac offers were ASU and Wazzu. Smart move letting him escape east and become a star the likes of Bobby Knight calling one of the best true frosh PG's they've seen

We don't recruit a 4* PG coached by the best PG coach in the West whose only Pac offers were ASU and Wazzu. Smart move letting him escape east and become a star the likes of Bobby Knight calling one of the best true frosh PG's they've seen

are you talking London Perrrantes? Didn't he have a USC offer as well?

are you talking London Perrrantes? Didn't he have a USC offer as well?

Just ASU and Wazzu from the Pac. We ****ed up not showing any interest. Mind boggling considering he wasn't at an "off the map" HS and was on the AAU circuit and all that. Makes me sick to not have given it a go. At least he isn't terrorizing us on an opposing Pac team.

Just ASU and Wazzu from the Pac. We ****ed up not showing any interest. Mind boggling considering he wasn't at an "off the map" HS and was on the AAU circuit and all that. Makes me sick to not have given it a go. At least he isn't terrorizing us on an opposing Pac team.

That screams "serious academic or character issues"!

When a close relative was recruited, even at D3, the first words out of the coach's mouth were "Hi howarya and how's your grades?" Still, Tad could have taken a longer look....

Last edited:
That screams "serious academic or character issues"!

When a close relative was recruited, even at D3, the first words out of the coach's mouth were "Hi howarya and how's your grades?" Still, Tad could have taken a longer look....

edit: sorry, sarcasm meter wasn't on

UVA was struggling with VT into the 2nd half but they're about to get the win now.

ND lost at home to N. Carolina in a somewhat sloppy game especially for ND who kept turning the ball over. ND certainly isn't a great team but they played terrible today.

VT and Pitt tied very late. This would be a bad loss for Pitt

Hokies caught Pitt sleeping but couldn't pull off the win. I'm not surprised. One total field goal in both OT's in that game.

You meant to type GT for the UVA game.

UVA was struggling with VT into the 2nd half but they're about to get the win now.

ND lost at home to N. Carolina in a somewhat sloppy game especially for ND who kept turning the ball over. ND certainly isn't a great team but they played terrible today.

VT and Pitt tied very late. This would be a bad loss for Pitt

Harris is shooting MSU right out of the game. He is 2 of 19 from the field. Wisco up 3 with 1:30 left.

Back