What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What Are You Rooting For Saturday Afternoon?

I bet the Buffs would lose by 30+ last week and doubled my money. Like buying Tesla, though I might dislike Elon.

But, it's tough reading posts from Buff fans who are wanting CU athletes to get beaten today, because that might speed KD's departure. Video-gamers have come of age.
I think cheering for CU to win and keeping KD around longer is detrimental to CU athletes. Go Bruins.

I bet the Buffs would lose by 30+ last week and doubled my money. Like buying Tesla, though I might dislike Elon.

But, it's tough reading posts from Buff fans who are wanting CU athletes to get beaten today, because that might speed KD's departure. Video-gamers have come of age.
The faster Kaaaaaaaaaaarl gets fired the better off evrryone is - is what it is right now.

Rewatch the highlights of last year’s game, including UCLA mercy running to close out the game instead of running up the score. Then imagine that same game, but missing each of the talented players in Buffs jerseys this time.

Should be fun!

Rewatch the highlights of last year’s game, including UCLA mercy running to close out the game instead of running up the score. Then imagine that same game, but missing each of the talented players in Buffs jerseys this time.

Should be fun!

Forgot about that mess. Gave up 37 straight. Only a Dorrell coached team can do that masterpiece.

This is my feeling on the whole debacle, then I'll follow it up with why it won't happen.

There is a rot in the athletic department that comes from the top down, but it doesn't just include George. The embracing of mediocrity and the feeling of "we'd rather suck than do something that takes us out of our comfort zone" has been there since the Tharp years.

RG cannot be allowed to hire another football coach. He has to go, maybe even before KD goes. After that, a new AD has to be given carte blanche to do anything he pleases with department personnel. Everyone should have to re-interview for their jobs, no matter how long they've been there. Anyone that has ANY affiliation with the football program, and especially recruiting and/or NIL, should be on very thin ice.

Obviously KD has to go, but everyone else needs to go too. No more legacy positions. I love Hagan as much as anyone else, and if a new regime comes in and has a place for him, great. None of this "you take him or you don't get the job" bull****. Looking back on the horse**** RG pulled with Sarkisian and who he pulled it for makes my blood boil.

What needs to happen most though is a recommitment to actually giving a ****. The new AD has to have the ability to do what he needs to do to build a decent football program. KD has destroyed the program, no doubt, but the problem is bigger than the head coach and it won't be solved by just plugging in another coach. We all know this program gets the absolute minimum of support from the school at large. The school needs to give a new AD the ability to say to a prospective new coach, we are going to do everything we can to get you the support you need.

Now - why this won't happen. Do we need to say it? The football program will never improve one iota as long as PD is in Boulder. As far as I know, there are only 3 people that have anything to do with the football program that have been here continuously for the last 20 years of consistent descent into sucktitude - Hagan, Plati, and PD. Plati, **** him, but he has nothing to do with the success of the program. Hagan is just a position coach. The one constant that has had the ability to significantly hamstring the program is PD. Head coaches have came and went, ADs too, regents, and university presidents. But PD has stayed, guiding most aspects of the Boulder campus, not just the football program, into the ground.

But PD isn't going anywhere. Who's going to get rid of him? Not Saliman. I mean, if he was, what's he been waiting for? Dude's been at CU forever, he can't be blind to the deterioration of CU-Boulder's reputation. He has to be aware of the metrics. Maybe he would have been hesitant to make a move while interim president, but the interim tag's been gone long enough now to feel comfortable in his position.

Which leaves us with the regents. Honestly. Do the regents ****ing care? No. Elected regents are a joke in the best of times, but nowadays we have nothing but jackasses pushing jackass agendas and trying to use being regent as a springboard to other positions (see Neguse, Joe and Ganahl, Heidi).

So what are we left with? ****ing nothing. Maybe we get lucky and PD decides that he needs to ****ING RETIRE before we make our next round of hires, but my feeling is that the ****er is going to work until he dies and he's gonna live to 100 just to ****ing spite us.

Last edited:
Arky over aTm.
Well, didn't work out, but it sure is fun rooting for a team that competes and doesn't have the crap kicked out of them week in and week out.

Much thanks to RG, Dr. Phil, LC and HCKD, the fine folks who finally buried a once storied program.

This is my feeling on the whole debacle, then I'll follow it up with why it won't happen.

There is a rot in the athletic department that comes from the top down, but it doesn't just include George. The embracing of mediocrity and the feeling of "we'd rather suck than do something that takes us out of our comfort zone" has been there since the Tharp years.

RG cannot be allowed to hire another football coach. He has to go, maybe even before KD goes. After that, a new AD has to be given carte blanche to do anything he pleases with department personnel. Everyone should have to re-interview for their jobs, no matter how long they've been there. Anyone that has ANY affiliation with the football program, and especially recruiting and/or NIL, should be on very thin ice.

Obviously KD has to go, but everyone else needs to go too. No more legacy positions. I love Hagan as much as anyone else, and if a new regime comes in and has a place for him, great. None of this "you take him or you don't get the job" bull****. Looking back on the horse**** RG pulled with Sarkisian and who he pulled it for makes my blood boil.

What needs to happen most though is a recommitment to actually giving a ****. The new AD has to have the ability to do what he needs to do to build a decent football program. KD has destroyed the program, no doubt, but the problem is bigger than the head coach and it won't be solved by just plugging in another coach. We all know this program gets the absolute minimum of support from the school at large. The school needs to give a new AD the ability to say to a prospective new coach, we are going to do everything we can to get you the support you need.

Now - why this won't happen. Do we need to say it? The football program will never improve one iota as long as PD is in Boulder. As far as I know, there are only 3 people that have anything to do with the football program that have been here continuously for the last 20 years of consistent descent into sucktitude - Hagan, Plati, and PD. Plati, **** him, but he has nothing to do with the success of the program. Hagan is just a position coach. The one constant that has had the ability to significantly hamstring the program is PD. Head coaches have came and went, ADs too, regents, and university presidents. But PD has stayed, guiding most aspects of the Boulder campus, not just the football program, into the ground.

But PD isn't going anywhere. Who's going to get rid of him? Not Saliman. I mean, if he was, what's he been waiting for? Dude's been at CU forever, he can't be blind to the deterioration of CU-Boulder's reputation. He has to be aware of the metrics. Maybe he would have been hesitant to make a move while interim president, but the interim tag's been gone long enough now to feel comfortable in his position.

Which leaves us with the regents. Honestly. Do the regents ****ing care? No. Elected regents are a joke in the best of times, but nowadays we have nothing but jackasses pushing jackass agendas and trying to use being regent as a springboard to other positions (see Neguse, Joe and Ganahl, Heidi).

So what are we left with? ****ing nothing. Maybe we get lucky and PD decides that he needs to ****ING RETIRE before we make our next round of hires, but my feeling is that the ****er is going to work until he dies and he's gonna live to 100 just to ****ing spite us.
I’d kill for mediocrity right now

Back