What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What do we do at RB now?

Still, the timing of the Polk move is sort of weird.

JMHO, but don't you think Hawk would have made a stronger push for a 2009 RB or two had this decision been made in, say, December?

Not being critical. Polk has and does impress me as the type CU needs - at whatever position. But I wonder what the class might have looked like...

I think this would have changed the recruiting strategy in '09 if he had done this sooner. But it doesn't spell DOOM at this point. It means we will make RB a priority for 2010 (which it already was) and it means we'll be able to promise earlier playing time. Still though, a 2010 kid has 3 kids that will be on campus for 2 years (likely) once they get here, so it's not like it will be easy to play as a true-freshmen like it was for Scott/Stewart.

Little known fact on Maurice Greer....wasn't a complete academic issue...he had cancer and some other serious medical problems that kicked up round high school graduation and therefore couldn't take the time to go to school full time...he could have done what was necessary to get into CU if it weren't for that...

BUT...he took a year or so off and now plays for TROY, where's he's doing pretty good now :smile:
Nope. He could not qualify for CU so he went to Garden City, I thiink, CC in Kansas. It was there that, on a play, he had his testicle smashed :cry:. The docs then found that he had testicular cancer. He just could not get his academics up to CU standards and then went to Troy.

This move does create space for more top-flight RB's which could for sure help out on recruiting, especially since we are going to win 10 games next year. We'll be fighting the 5 stars off with a stick.
That's a big jump from what Hawkins has done in the past.

I still think that with the obvious opportunity at runningback at CU, there's a chance we'll still see someone amazing walk-on.

Hawkins has a good reputation for rewarding walk-ons who prove themselves, so if someone hasn't been picked up yet, it's a possibility to consider.

It's because of a program they have at Mullen, the De La salle Program. I dont know if anyone we are after or want are in this program, but if they are they Def. wont be getting into any BCS school.

Jon Hawk never had a shot, he was in the De la salle program and earned a single digit score on his ACT's.

My best friend was in the De La Salle program. :lol: They eventually figured out that he was NOT retarded, and they kicked him out. It amazes me to this day that he was in that program.

It's because of a program they have at Mullen, the De La salle Program. I dont know if anyone we are after or want are in this program, but if they are they Def. wont be getting into any BCS school.

Jon Hawk never had a shot, he was in the De la salle program and earned a single digit score on his ACT's.

It's a shame and he is one hell of a nice guy, if you know him and he likes you haha. I was best friends with his little half brother a few years ago..

From everything I heard, Jon Hawk was a monstrous dim-witted punk who liked to bully other kids around. It's interesting that the kids in the De La Salle program are usually great football players, big and fast, and not the brightest bulbs at Mullen. I always wondered how they got their tuition paid? From what I know, the program still exists.:wow:

Jebus. I thought you got 10 pts for getting your name right.

From everything I heard, Jon Hawk was a monstrous dim-witted punk who liked to bully other kids around. It's interesting that the kids in the De La Salle program are usually great football players, big and fast, and not the brightest bulbs at Mullen. I always wondered how they got their tuition paid? From what I know, the program still exists.:wow:

I remembered to never make eye contact with Hawk when walking the halls in H.S.....but I loved watching him play BBall when he led Mullen to the state championship...nothing funnier than watching East BBall players get the beat down by the guy :lol:

And would that have been in class 4a or 5a? With the mighty mustangs, one can never be too sure!:bounce:

I remembered to never make eye contact with Hawk when walking the halls in H.S.....but I loved watching him play BBall when he led Mullen to the state championship...nothing funnier than watching East BBall players get the beat down by the guy :lol:

How long ago was this? Because East won the SC the last two years. I know because Devaughn Thornton was on both teams.

I think this would have changed the recruiting strategy in '09 if he had done this sooner. But it doesn't spell DOOM at this point. It means we will make RB a priority for 2010 (which it already was) and it means we'll be able to promise earlier playing time. Still though, a 2010 kid has 3 kids that will be on campus for 2 years (likely) once they get here, so it's not like it will be easy to play as a true-freshmen like it was for Scott/Stewart.

I agree here. This could be eye candy to some players looking to contribute early and could open doors open for Hawk and company for some recruits that would other wise overlook us. Especially, when we have a 9-3, 10-2 season. I don't see us getting some nice recruits at RB in the next cycle.

I agree here. This could be eye candy to some players looking to contribute early and could open doors open for Hawk and company for some recruits that would other wise overlook us. Especially, when we have a 9-3, 10-2 season. I don't see us getting some nice recruits at RB in the next cycle.

Really? I think Hawk will get it done. He's already on some good ones for 2010.

that is not what I meant to put. I DO see us getting some nice recruits this cycle. MY BAD.

GO BUFFS!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:You watch your ass around here, young Taek. Valdez keeps us all honest on the recruiting stuff!!!

California is absolutely loaded for the 2010 class with RBs. I think we'll be just fine.

Quentin Hildreth.

But he may walk on.

Confirmed! "Quick" is going to be a Buff. Preferred walk on.

Quentin "Quick" Hildreth amassed 1,150 yards rushing and scored 13 touchdowns for the second year in a row this fall. He was named first-team all-South Metro League.
Hildreth is teammates of kicker Grossnickle and TE Thornton. All three coached by buff-for-life Ronnie Woolfork.

I've seen Hildreth run, you're gonna like what you see. The numbers don't tell the whole story, but stats for those who like to see the numbers:
http://www.maxpreps.com/colorado/football/denver-east-(denver)/quentin-hildreth/stats.aspx?athleteid=6158888a-08f2-4365-91d7-d68267036737&ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&urpath=,local,player

Confirmed! "Quick" is going to be a Buff. Preferred walk on.

Hildreth is teammates of kicker Grossnickle and TE Thornton. All three coached by buff-for-life Ronnie Woolfork.

I've seen Hildreth run, you're gonna like what you see. The numbers don't tell the whole story, but stats for those who like to see the numbers:
http://www.maxpreps.com/colorado/football/denver-east-(denver)/quentin-hildreth/stats.aspx?athleteid=6158888a-08f2-4365-91d7-d68267036737&ssid=2f36027d-d6f6-4509-aba9-adad5cc85b5e&urpath=,local,player
nice. rep. :woot:

however, SEVEN fumbles over the course of the season? yikes. looks like a scat back type. anyone got some highlight video footage on this kid?

Hey guys, guess what, Polk is still on the team and if we were to get in a situation where there are injuries and the lack of a RB is obviously costing us wins, Polk can easily be moved back to RB or perhaps even play both ways a bit.

Gaps are good though, this gap will just about recruit a top flight back by itself. The key is to win this year and from here on out.

nice. rep. :woot:

however, SEVEN fumbles over the course of the season? yikes. looks like a scat back type. anyone got some highlight video footage on this kid?

I don't want to disparage his team at East, but their quarterback had some troubles this year. Not all the fumbles would be Q's fault. But then, the quarterback had to deal with some bad snaps, and so on. Every one of these top kids had to work twice as hard to compensate for not having enough really good kids to fill out a team, if you get my drift. (Ever watch the kicker's highlights? The out of control snaps are worth an episode of America's Funniest Videos on their own.)

I put the feelers out for some video, but this is the same kid who said in an interview that he just mailed out tape at the end of December. :wow: His tardiness is definitely CU's gain, because I'm surprised he wasn't picked up sooner on a full ride.

quentin hildreth video - He's jersey #1.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xwrp9lcu2Q"]YouTube - Quentin "Quick" Hildreth - Denver East High School - Denver, Colorado - AAAAA[/ame]

hmmmm.. Lovehis balance, love his vision, love his acceleration. Man is fun to watch given open space. great x-factor type player who looks to have a good chance to return punks and Kickoffs once he gets done with a RS year...

The problem? Power. He doesn't drag guys, he doesn't punish them. Goes down pretty easy once someone grabs him.

My overall take: nice pickup, especially as a walk on. A less powerful speedy with perhaps better vision, but less power. Maybe even better balance and jukes. Not sure tho.

However, definite :thumbsup: for this guy. Excited to see what he brings, especially after a year under the Pitman!

Back