What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is your confidence level that Hawkins is done at CU?

Will Hawkins be fired

• Total voters
He's done, just a matter of time is the easy choice. Even if he survives this season...it's still just a matter of time before he ****s up more...

He's done, just a matter of time is the easy choice. Even if he survives this season...it's still just a matter of time before he ****s up more...

Why should it be a matter of time? His time should be up! Act now!

images

I voted Tossup. My heart wants it to be that he is done but I have no idea what MB and Dr. Phil are thinking. Benson is a non-factor in this.

Lots of rumors circulating now that he's already been told.

That's what AZ said, but I've heard it is completely false. It doesn't make any sense at all. Why would you tell a guy he's fired, but not until later. "Hey, Dan, we are going to fire you later this season, but keep coaching and everything until then. Thanks."

That's what AZ said, but I've heard it is completely false. It doesn't make any sense at all. Why would you tell a guy he's fired, but not until later. "Hey, Dan, we are going to fire you later this season, but keep coaching and everything until then. Thanks."

You don't say that. What you say is "Dan, you are on your last legs here. Unless you really turn this thing around, you will be gone". That gives Hawk some motivation to get his sh it together, but it also allows the AD to start looking and making a few calls, because the whole world knows that Hawkins can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

You don't say that. What you say is "Dan, you are on your last legs here. Unless you really turn this thing around, you will be gone". That gives Hawk some motivation to get his sh it together, but it also allows the AD to start looking and making a few calls, because the whole world knows that Hawkins can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

AZ's report says that Bohn, Benson, and Phil have already notified Hawk that he is 100% gone after this season. Maybe he misunderstood what his source said. I don't buy it.

prior to the season, I thought that 6 wins would save his job. But as one of the many fans that were out in CA over the weekend and went to the Friday night alumni deal and the Saturday pregame deal and seeing so much enthusiasm and excitement of CU and our coming to the Pac12, only to have Hawk piss it all away with one of the worst performances I've ever seen from this team, I'd say he helped to dig his own grave on Saturday. No way does he recover from this. Well, unless we win 8 regular season games this year (maybe have to win 9 counting a bowl), but no way does that happen.

AZ's report says that Bohn, Benson, and Phil have already notified Hawk that he is 100% gone after this season. Maybe he misunderstood what his source said. I don't buy it.

Just to split hairs.. Az's report doesn't say they said he was gone. Az's report said the bgiwigs sat down with him this week and further, the report said it would take a miracle to keep him. Nowhere did it say that anyone has said he was 100% gone.

Basically he's been told he needs to walk on water to keep his job, which is what any smart boss would do in a situation like this. As mentioned earlier, let's the guy know he has to perform and let's the admin go out and start their search.

Read the first paragraph carefully....

Last edited:
If I were Hawk, I'd put my house on the market right now. Those things take a while to sell.

ummm, does Ricardo Patton mean anything to you?

Just to split hairs.. Az's report doesn't say they said he was gone. Az's report said the bgiwigs sat down with him this week and further, the report said it would take a miracle to keep him. Nowhere did it say that anyone has said he was 100% gone.

This is a quote straight from his report.

-Barring a miracle...and I mean an f'in MIRACLE, Hawk is 100% fired after the season. After the Cal game, Bohn, Phil AND BENSON are all on board with it and they have already notified Hawk as of yesterday morning.

At this point I have no confidence in anyone within the program around actual football related decisions....if anyone was 100% certain DH was gone, then why the heck wouldn't he be gone already? There's really no logical excuses/explanations anymore....Until I see it I won't believe it with our leaders

This is a quote straight from his report.

And so is this, which I'm only posting because you're taking information off of a paysite and mis-representing it. You can't pick and chose which parts of a quote to copy. Read the whole thing.

Hawk knows he's done unless he pulls off the greatest season of all time

Is not

AZ's report says that Bohn, Benson, and Phil have already notified Hawk that he is 100% gone after this season.

And I'm not saying whose scoop is right or wrong or carries any validity, but if you're going to use it to prove a point, you either need to get it right or leave it alone.

Last edited:
prior to the season, I thought that 6 wins would save his job. But as one of the many fans that were out in CA over the weekend and went to the Friday night alumni deal and the Saturday pregame deal and seeing so much enthusiasm and excitement of CU and our coming to the Pac12, only to have Hawk piss it all away with one of the worst performances I've ever seen from this team, I'd say he helped to dig his own grave on Saturday. No way does he recover from this. Well, unless we win 8 regular season games this year (maybe have to win 9 counting a bowl), but no way does that happen.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. Prior to the season I thought I might be ok with keeping him around if he won 6 games, a bowl, and had some decent wins in there. But now, no way. That was a complete debacle and totally ridiculous. The fans showed up sooo huge and he just took a piss on the fire and then crapped in the fire pit once it was out.

You see, before Saturday I was definitely going to do whatever I could to get to Columbus next year to try and see the Buffs out there. There was even a slight possibility I'd try to get out to Boulder to watch the UGA game. But now I realize that every time I've put forth any effort in the last 4 years to try and see the buffs they've just given me nothing back. I try to get to games when I can and I rearrange my weekend/Thursday or Friday schedule to go across town to watch the buffs on the tube. And I never get anything from the games. Seriously. It's like it's a freaking waste of time and effort. That is an awful feeling for a fan to have. And I am a pretty die hard fan. If I'm feeling this way, I can't imagine what the casual fan is fealing.

The buffs need to get rid of Hawkins ASAP in order to salvage what fan support they might actually have left. The fans have been pretty good through this horrible stretch but I expect we're getting pretty close to a line that we do not want to cross.

And so is this, which I'm only posting because you're taking information off of a paysite and mis-representing it. You can't pick and chose which parts of a quote to copy. Read the whole thing.

And I'm not saying whose scoop is right or wrong or carries any validity, but if you're going to use it to prove a point, you either need to get it right or leave it alone.

How am I mis-representing his report? Because I pulled a direct quote, but excluded a different one? Maybe he shouldn't be contradictory in his report. 100%, unless something else. Oh, well ok.

I don't know if he is right or if other people are right. That first paragraph of his just doesn't make sense to me. That's all.

Can somewhat layout the buyout situation?

If we fire him now, what is the buyout? At the end of the season?

Can somewhat layout the buyout situation?

If we fire him now, what is the buyout? At the end of the season?

I think it would be 1,5 mil + rest of this season if they fire him sooner.

That amt is not a problem. Ohio state pays for it alone, and large #s have been thrown about as available from boosters as soon as the hammer drops. Financial issues will have little effect on this issue.

I think the buyout is the same now as it is at the end of the season. It doesn't decrease until January 1st. Could be wrong, but think this is it.

I think that politics is what saved him last year and with an election coming up it is what is still saving him. Benson does not want to be busy explaining why the university is paying somebody in the area of $3 million not to coach after paying his predicessor the same not to coach. The people he would have to deal with in explaining this are going to do their best to make it look like the money is coming right out of the instructional budget of the university ignoring the fact that it will be from athletic funds and donated by supporters who want to make it happen.

I think they were hoping to make it past the election before they had to do the inevitable and fire Hawk but if we manage to lay an egg against Hawaii which is certainly possible or get embarrassed against Georgio which is highly likely then thier hand may be forced. Either way Hawkins is a dead man walking and everybody involved should be able to see the writing on the wall although I am not sure Dan would believe it. He may still think that he can turn things around and get that extension he wants and believes he deserves.

The one thing I can be pretty sure of is that our next coach will have some performance requirements tied to a big chunk of his buy-out clause.

i have 100% confidence that he will be fired sometime this season because i have 100% confidence that there is no way on God's green earth that fool will get this team anywhere close to 6 wins.

What should be and what will be will more than likely be different things.

After last year and last weekend six wins would look pretty good to some folks.

Back