What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

Howell said in his chat today that this is the day Webb finishes his exams. Wouldn't surprise me if he flipped or confirmed within the next 24 hours.

Well, I'd be surprised if he's coming, doesn't seem like it. He might just like ****ing with people though, who really knows unless you know him?

I wouldn't be surprised if he never confirmed honestly. His status as a CU commit has never changed.

Uhh, yes it has. His silence has shown the type of dude this kid really is. If he was committed he should have squashed it all and said see ya after finals Buffs. He used CU, lied to the coaches, and played it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow. I hope you blow your knee out so you can see what the recovery is like.

This is America. People are free to do what they like. Free to change their minds. I'd never wish pain and suffering on anyone over a decision to do whats best for himself.

Even if he comes here we likely lack both the WRs and OL to make him effective enough to get us over the hump and to a bowl game anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh, yes it has. His silence has shown the type of dude this kid really is. If he was committed he should have squashed it all and said see ya after finals Buffs. He used CU, lied to the coaches, and played it out. Hope he blows his knee out.

WTF? The kid owes CU nothing and he owes YOU less. Wishing a career ending injury on a person trying to make the most out of their last shot at realistically being able to achieve their dreams is insane.

His public status has and continues to be that he is committed to CU and he is investigating other options to verify that CU is his best option. He may bail and go to Cal and honestly I cannot blame him. They put their QB in the NFL #1 overall. CU put, um, 0 players into the NFL via the draft. I hope Webb ends up here. I think there is at least a 50/50 shot that happens and I think the Cal Academics may help the Buffs out here. But if he doesn't come here, ya it sucks, but I wish him the best in his career as long as he isn't playing against us. Webb was instrumental in landing the 4 stars at the end of last class. Even if he doesn't attend CU, he has already improved the situation here.

I find it funny that CU went after a mercenary and then fans got so upset that he acted like a mercenary.

I'm not upset at Webb.

I am upset with Dykes, though. And I expect the Pac-12 to implement a rule that you don't go after someone who has signed a FAA with a Pac-12 member to try to poach him away.

I find it funny that CU went after a mercenary and then fans got so upset that he acted like a mercenary.

I'm not upset at Webb.

I am upset with Dykes, though. And I expect the Pac-12 to implement a rule that you don't go after someone who has signed a FAA with a Pac-12 member to try to poach him away.

Sorta pissed at Kingsbury too, and that may be totally off base. but I have a feeling he has had his hands in this somehow.

Uhh, yes it has. His silence has shown the type of dude this kid really is. If he was committed he should have squashed it all and said see ya after finals Buffs. He used CU, lied to the coaches, and played it out. Hope he blows his knee out.
Come on man, not even cool. He just used an opportunity, most would.

I'm not upset at Webb.

His dad never struck me to be like Sonny. He's a prick, his dad is cool.

I'm just upset we won't have him for the upcoming season. I'm sure I'll be able to talk myself into some Kool Aid after the pain of this breakup wears off, but, right now, I fear it's just another season of: (i) a toss-up as to whether we beat CSU (ridiculous, but true), (ii) a little better odds we beat another patsy, and (iii) low likelihood we win any of our other games. Woo-hoo!

We now see Tini has come back with yet another user name.

This probably needs to happen. Dykes's actions have the potential to really screw another P12 school because my understanding is that because of the FAA we're locked into Webb counting against us for the scholarship limit, preventing us from pursuing any players unless he's officially stolen at the last minute by Cal. I don't imagine this will go over well at the offseason coaches meetings.

I'm not upset at Webb.

Competition is a healthy thing. CU needs to get of its ass.

I don't blame Dykes. He did not break any rules. Being a college football coach at the P5 level can be tough - at most schools you are one bad season from being fired. He is doing what he can do to be successful.

I just want closure. There are so many Webb threads it is confusing. One thing it has shown me is how worthless social media is for information.
It's great for information...whether that info has any bearing on reality is another issue. :LOL:

Uhh, yes it has. His silence has shown the type of dude this kid really is. If he was committed he should have squashed it all and said see ya after finals Buffs. He used CU, lied to the coaches, and played it out.
He hasn't been silent as far as I can tell...he said he is committed to CU but looking around a little bit because he feels he only gets this one season to make his mark...and the difference between making his mark and not could be the difference between being a millionaire NFL player or just another unemployed college kid. I don't care for his ambiguity, but he needs to do what's best for him.

Part of me is guessing he comes here, but the Buff fan in me knows we usually get screwed and that we typically can't have nice things. We will know soon enough.

I haven't been around all day. Is there anything official one way or the other, or are we doing the insecure girlfriend thing where we break up with him before he breaks up with us?

If you are thinking about tweeting a college football recruit, follow these simple rules:

1. Don't -----> Ok, you're right it's a bad idea.
(But I really wanna. He might actually read my tweet!)
2. Don't. You're a grown-ass man and you tweeting a high school kid is pathetic. ----> *Sigh* You're right. I should be ashamed of myself. I'm sorry.
(No, seriously. My tweet will tip the balance and convince this kid who our professional coaches and recruiting staff who get paid to connect with kids and their parents and highlight the benefits of our school and football program.)
3. Don't. You are a moron. There is nothing that you can say or do that will impact that kid's decision in anyway. You need to find some sense of personal satisfaction that doesn't involve the life choices of teenagers. ------> You're right, I need to seek out some professional help.
(But you don't understand. It really will help us!)
4. Don't!

This is getting ridiculous. Like Shldr2Shldr said, he owes CU nothing, and us fans nothing. The only person who he owes any explanation to IF he decides to go somewhere else is coach Chev. We have no way of knowing they haven't already discussed the details thoroughly, and those details are none of our business. In this instant gratification world we live in, everyone is flipping their lids because they can't wait a couple weeks to find out where he goes. He can't practice until then. He can't enroll until then. So the only reason some people on here feel they "need" to know immediately is for themselves. The "he needs to"s need to stop. The tweeting him needs to stop. Let the kid take the remaining two weeks to enjoy graduating college, which is one of the biggest moments in a young man's life, and to make the decision where to go to show what he has to NFL scouts, which is the biggest decision of his life.

This is getting ridiculous. Like Shldr2Shldr said, he owes CU nothing, and us fans nothing. The only person who he owes any explanation to IF he decides to go somewhere else is coach Chev. We have no way of knowing they haven't already discussed the details thoroughly, and those details are none of our business. In this instant gratification world we live in, everyone is flipping their lids because they can't wait a couple weeks to find out where he goes. He can't practice until then. He can't enroll until then. So the only reason some people on here feel they "need" to know immediately is for themselves. The "he needs to"s need to stop. The tweeting him needs to stop. Let the kid take the remaining two weeks to enjoy graduating college, which is one of the biggest moments in a young man's life, and to make the decision where to go to show what he has to NFL scouts, which is the biggest decision of his life.
tumblr_mmp6klB6Ra1sqghjko2_500.gif

I don't blame Dykes nor Webb here. If there is some unwritten rule with coaches regarding this, then Dykes deserve all the hate thrown his way.

I just wonder how often this has happened in the past?

Please chill on Twitter, for some reason you have alot of followers, so one can assume that Webb has seen one or more of your tweets. Not putting us in a good light, bro.
I just tweeted him to GET OFF MY ****ING LAWN!!

A thats not tini... and B you need to tone down the rhetoric on twitter man... come on...

A-I have not @ Webb.
B-There are far worse things said on this message board. I haven't dogged him. I haven't **** on him. I have simply joked at his imminent departure to Cal with a photoshopped header and been truthful, this team is 2-3 games better with Webb.

Please chill on Twitter, for some reason you have alot of followers, so one can assume that Webb has seen one or more of your tweets. Not putting us in a good light, bro.
"For some reason" maybe I am more entertaining than yourself. But as said on profile many of those followers are bots I can't rid myself of. It's kind of like this endless sunshine pumping. Webb has seen this thread and many others where people have said far worse things. I haven't **** talked him like others have here and Twitter.

I don't try to influence recruits or talk **** to them like I have seen others do. But yes I have taken down tweets because people didn't like a joke like a changes fake freaking header where I put Cal Memorial in the background and changes his commitment. I guess I should have called him other names and wished ill on the kid.

BTW I am posting this after a 3 month old diaper change and feed and a surprise diahrea attack so apologies if this post is deemed ****ty by the #AllbuffsElite.

Back