What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's the most important thing we realized tonight?

Most important thing we realized tonight?

• Arizona is peaking and are the team to beat

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Buffs can't shoot on the road

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • Buffs don't get a call on the road

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Buffs have the pieces to win this thing

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Nate and Snow were separated at birth

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
Utah gave them everything they wanted last night in a 57-52 snoozefest.

IT'S A TRAP! A couple of ill-timed turnovers and some missed shots, and we're in trouble tomorrow. Have to stomp on the gas early. Held ASU to 15 first half points in Boulder, a repeat performance would do nicely.

As has been said, we were abused in the paint. SHT is not D1 talent and is weak. Carlon could be the go to guy but he has dissapeared when we needed his leadership and shot the most. Also, our screen help opened up significant opportunities for AZ last night and they took advantage. We are a decent team but a couple of pieces short. Glad to see the enthusiasm and discussion around the b-ball team. In the past, nobody would have cared.

IT'S A TRAP! A couple of ill-timed turnovers and some missed shots, and we're in trouble tomorrow. Have to stomp on the gas early. Held ASU to 15 first half points in Boulder, a repeat performance would do nicely.

130192649589.jpg

We just can't shoot on the road...typical for a team that lost a lot of scoring from the previous season.

Agreed with most of the people here -- we need size. Austin & SHT are doing their best, but we just have no help down there. None. I love Chen (and have gone on record repeatedly), but he should NOT be guarding 4's in the PAC-12. Hopefully Scott & Gordon are ready to play some serious minutes next year, and SHT continues to gain confidence, because we need some help down there. Also hoping XJ can play a few minutes at the 4 too.

2013 recruiting needs to pull in at LEAST one big.

Agreed with most of the people here -- we need size. Austin & SHT are doing their best, but we just have no help down there. None. I love Chen (and have gone on record repeatedly), but he should NOT be guarding 4's in the PAC-12. Hopefully Scott & Gordon are ready to play some serious minutes next year, and SHT continues to gain confidence, because we need some help down there. Also hoping XJ can play a few minutes at the 4 too.

2013 recruiting needs to pull in at LEAST one big.

Is Ben Mills a complete loss at this point?

Considering our front court issues and Eckloff coming off the bench before Mills, I don't see how anyone would be hopeful that Mills could make a monumental step up and contribute next year.

When wasn't he a complete loss? He was always an end-of-the-bench guy.

exactly. I've never quite understood why so many people on these boards were hopeful for Mills and his contributions in the frontcourt this year. Watching him play for ten seconds tells the whole story about him. He does have a few years left, so hopefully by his senior season he can log in ten min a game, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Considering our front court issues and Eckloff coming off the bench before Mills, I don't see how anyone would be hopeful that Mills could make a monumental step up and contribute next year.

HOW ARE YOU SO QUICK AT POSTING?!?! ... ...man, it's impressive, but wow...sort of weird too

When wasn't he a complete loss? He was always an end-of-the-bench guy.

The hope is that he develops his game and becomes less of a bean pole. Just because you sit as a freshman doesn't necessarily mean you sit as a Jr. or Sr. in all cases. It sounds like there is not much hope of Mills making this progress.

The hope is that he develops his game and becomes less of a bean pole. Just because you sit as a freshman doesn't necessarily mean you sit as a Jr. or Sr. in all cases. It sounds like there is not much hope of Mills making this progress.

Except that he's sitting as a sophomore. He played more as a freshman.

I was encouraged last night. Really thought we were gonna see a repeat of the Stanford game, but they hung in there and made a game out of it in a hostile atmosphere. REALLY NEED to take care of business the next 2 games.

Tunks needs to find his mean streak, and then a big man camp and get to work already. Dude has too much size/length to be this inneffective.

Back