What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your gameday ritual?

Pre-game rituals worked just fine. But we've got some work to do on our halftime rituals.

Any tips in reducing the refractory period?
If Uncle Ken wasn't hesitant about of hanging out with your cereal killing ass, the CU punting juju might have remained more on kilter. Did you spend the day with your wife last year during the Hawaii game, too?

pre-game:

get fired up. convince myself that we can win. drink.

in-game:

no matter the score, figure in my head ways we can win. scream at the tv. drink. jump in and out of allbuffs chat. drink. try to believe.

post-game:

usually for the last 10 years i am distraught. drink. try to pretend that there are positives. drink. wallow in my own misery for a day or so. then, try to convince myself we can win the next one.

being a Buff fan has been like being Job himself for the last decade.

If Uncle Ken wasn't hesitant about of hanging out with your cereal killing ass, the CU punting juju might have remained more on kilter. Did you spend the day with your wife last year during the Hawaii game, too?
I did eat a whole box of captain crunch last week. I watched every second of the damned HI game.

Wake up, hang the flag on my house. Get both boys up by going in their rooms and yelling "IT'S GAME DAY!!!!'. Get them dressed in their jerseys. Turn on College Game Day...hoping CU will get some snipet of air time and a slight mention on the days docket of games. Sit and eat breakfast with the boys talking about how awesome the Buffs are going to look today. Plan out what I have to do to make sure I'm in my garage with a beer in my hand by game time. Wear same hat, same shirt, Colorado Buffaloes flip flops.....and pray for a win.

just a note. It really pissed my wife off when I passed out on the couch just after the Michigan loss. I finally woke up and threw up at 5:30 AM. She had no sympathy.

DVR the game. Coach both kids soccer games. Get something to eat. Hopefully carve out some time to watch the game and keep the wife happy.

I had to cancel my tickets when the oldest made a competitive team. Were going to play 16 soccer games this fall alone including Colo Springs, Vail, and Grand Junction.

I just realized that, for the first time in a long time, I (unintentionally) did not wear any Buff paraphernalia during the Oregon game. Going to stick with it, despite my instincts. Buff gear pre and post game, though.

If any of you did anything differently, keep it up.

last weekend i was at a wedding in telluride. saw the int just as the reception was beginning. this saturday I got another wedding here in denver so that's good news. I dont know what im gonna do for the rest of the season though

last weekend i was at a wedding in telluride. saw the int just as the reception was beginning. this saturday I got another wedding here in denver so that's good news. I dont know what im gonna do for the rest of the season though

url1.jpg

Watching the game with the sound off and having my wife glare at me if I make the slightest noise because our son is napping next to me. Never have kids.
How could anyone possibly watch CU games in the past 10 years without making horrible sounds?

Weekends always busy, barely get to Folsom by gametime. Never time to go tailgate, unfortunately. Leave game for next whatever is on the list. Usually with a sour face. That seems to be changing! Re-watch the game late that night on DVR.

not sure I have any gameday traditions anymore... Nothing seemingly worked for a decade, so now it's just sit down and watch the Buffs while always feeling a sense of dread if things start to go south... this past weekend has started to alleviate those fears, but a decade of abuse is hard to override in 1 week!

Last night I picked up a hooker on East Colfax. When she said "what do you want, baby", I gave her a printed copy of the CU Fight Song, and said "I just want us to sing this together". And we did. We got shakes at the McDonalds drive-thru. Then I gave her a Buff cap, $50.00, dropped her off and said "Make Better Career Choices". This could be the beginning of a beautiful ritual.
"She" sounds hideous.

Back