What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

When does CU Football get a new coach?

At what point this year does CU decide to make a move with the Head Coach?

• Next year

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • Next Week. (0-2 start)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • If winless after the Cal game (0-6)

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • Before the Utah game

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • After the season is over

Votes: 44 43.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CSU and Nebraska in 2023 and 2024

You would hope the admin realizes the opportunity of a new HC hired this year with those games on the schedule.

I would imagine the revenue differential between an invigorated fan base with those games on the schedule and a year 4 Karl Dorrell fan base is significantly more than the 5 year payment plan on his buyout.

Maybe a freshman Leeds student can give their week 2 BCOR 1010 presentation to Rick about “opportunity cost”

CSU and Nebraska in 2023 and 2024

You would hope the admin realizes the opportunity of a new HC hired this year with those games on the schedule.

I would imagine the revenue differential between an invigorated fan base with those games on the schedule and a year 4 Karl Dorrell fan base is significantly more than the 5 year payment plan on his buyout.

Maybe a freshman Leeds student can give their week 2 BCOR 1010 presentation to Rick about “opportunity cost”
I heard some of the regents already have a junior biology major lined up to do a presentation on curing cancer with that cash. Check Mate, mother***er.

Do the math. He could straight up retire either way. He was well on that plan when he woke up in a fantasy with Rick George on the phone telling him the lottery ticket was gold. We should have a thread of GIFs of Karl’s reaction to that call out of the blue.
No - the offset provision is kind of like collecting unemployment: if he wants the cash to keep coming, he has to actively try and find work. If he doesn't expend some time and effort trying to get another job, he's not fulfilling his side of the contract.

So @Duff Man's idea isn't based on nothing. He takes a reduced buyout now, and doesn't have to face the humiliation of having to hear "sorry, but thanks for your interest" when Whittier College has an opening.

No - the offset provision is kind of like collecting unemployment: if he wants the cash to keep coming, he has to actively try and find work. If he doesn't expend some time and effort trying to get another job, he's not fulfilling his side of the contract.

So @Duff Man's idea isn't based on nothing. He takes a reduced buyout now, and doesn't have to face the humiliation of having to hear "sorry, but thanks for your interest" when Whittier College has an opening.

My point was that he could retire without any of the money that was coming. He already had built the house in Boulder and was planning to retire in a few years and then Rick George decided to pay him 10x what he was making. He's collected 3 years of that before even having to look for a job. That's my math.

But yes, every buyout has some room to negotiate getting the money now vs suffering more humiliation. Most coaches tend to think they are just 1-2 weeks away from turning the corner to future glory though. Even though nobody else can see it but them.

I just want this nightmare to end before Jerdough puts out any more silly predictions.

After this past weekend, the Avalanche report date can't come quick enough.

Back