What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Big 12 member is the team you most want to beat once we join?

Who do you most want to dominate?

• Baylor

• Iowa State

• Kansas

• Kansas State

• Oklahoma State

• Texas Christian

• Texas Tech

• West Virginia

• One of the new P5 additions (BYU, Cincy, UH, UCF)

• Some other school from Pac, Independent or G5 you hope joins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
We have more history with many of the Big 12 teams, but we don't have main rivalries with any of them.

So which one does AllBuffs most want to make cry Fusker tears?

TCU (I think they have the potential to be become a powere in Texas with the whooping that UT and TAMU are going to take in the SEC)

Baylor

K-State

BYU

**** Baylor. I want to dominate them each and every single time we play them.

But, that hate isn't traditional football rivalry hate. And it can't be a "rivalry" unless we let them win sometimes.

Here's the big, major problem with the B12 as it is currently constructed: there is literally not a single school worthy of being our rival.

BYU is the only one with both a natty and a heisman, but their glory days are even further back in history than ours - and, notably, they don't seem to be taking the necessary steps to regain that glory, as we are.

Okie Lite is probably the current most consistently good team. They'll be a good measuring stick, but a rival? In Stoolwater?

Basically, lets just make the entire conference our bitch and call it a day. Pummel them on the field, steal their best recruits, and then gleefully listen to the lamentation of their women as we leave them with nothing, once again.

Nik, do you have any insight on what PAC teams may follow?
Just what I've read and I'm sure you guys noticed. Arizona was the other school believed to be in Big 12 talks almost as far back as CU was being mentioned. That also grew into discussions of all of the 4 Corners (CU, ASU, UA, Utah). Then there were a couple speculations today that school(s) besides the 4 Corners have interest.

Also, UConn was supposed to receive an invite in the coming week. It could be that it's CU and UConn to make 14 and we also have other Pac schools jump or maybe it's just these 14 by adding CU and UConn. So I'm watching UConn, because if that formal invitation isn't announced then it probably means someone else from the Pac jumped and took UConn's spot.

Just what I've read and I'm sure you guys noticed. Arizona was the other school believed to be in Big 12 talks almost as far back as CU was being mentioned. That also grew into discussions of all of the 4 Corners (CU, ASU, UA, Utah). Then there were a couple speculations today that school(s) besides the 4 Corners have interest.

Also, UConn was supposed to receive an invite in the coming week. It could be that it's CU and UConn to make 14 and we also have other Pac schools jump or maybe it's just these 14 by adding CU and UConn. So I'm watching UConn, because if that formal invitation isn't announced then it probably means someone else from the Pac jumped and took UConn's spot.
It’s going to be Oregon. They’re going to leave Washington holding the bag and step into a league they’re confident they can dominate. They can get an easy playoff path, more exposure in the other timezones, and they’re one school in the Pac without the need to give academic lip service. Money for athletics travel isn’t a problem for them either so they don’t need travel partners etc, they can act in full self interest to stab the other schools in the back

I legit would not be surprised if it’s them. They’d also be able to hit the P12s earning potential and further kneecap their western competitors

Don't be surprised if OSU joins with the 2 Arizona schools

for now, I want to see ****bailer squirm and sweat like a priest at Chuck E Cheese when the see Colorado on the schedule.

Once Nubs get a scorching case of FOMO in 2026, and request to leave the B1G, can CU slide into that spot?

I hate bailer almost as much as I hate nebraska. And I think that bailer is actually more evil, wrong, misguided and ****ed-up. I only hate nebraska more out of obligation.
See, I hate the nubs mostly based on football team and fan actions. Almost nothing else with their university generates hate. Things other than football generate laughter, derision, sometimes pity, etc, but they don't really generate hate.

Now bailer, my hatred is really generated by how their university conducts not just its football team, but rather that such deplorable conduct permeates the entire organization's culture. I don't hate their football team for anything they've ever done to our team on the football field. Aside from the one tournament win against us, I don't really hate their basketball for anything they've done on the court.

I hate much of other things about their university. Actively campaigning and slandering CU during all the various conference realignment negotiations pissed me off, but willfully looking the other way while their football team raped their way through the female undergrad population was far worse, covering up a murder on the basketball team, their willingness to promote hate and misogyny, all those things I hate about the university.

Anyway, as I wrote earlier, I mainly want to mudhole them every time we play. But it's not for payback for anything they've ever done to us on the field or on the court. It's just because as a general rule, that university deserves to get embarrassed at anything and everything it does until it actively changes its culture.

We have sucked for 20 years. It would be even embarrassing to lose to Kansas. After the rebuild my vote changes to Baylor. **** that school.

everyone-angry.gif

The arrogance dripping from this board is just something to behold.

You're leaving a conference full of tepid fanbases and half empty stadiums and joining one where people actually give a **** about college sports. Yeah, the Bay Area blows Ames, Iowa out of the water for cultural amenities. But this is about college sports, and on that front, Ames, Iowa blows the Bay Area out of the water. Apply this sentiment to places like Manhattan, Stillwater, Lubbock, Morgantown, etc.

If you want to take a vacation to an exotic location, do so. If you want a good-to-great college sports experience? Have an open mind and embrace the future. Your administration was tired of watching your athletics department flounder due to the misguided notion that there was some correlation between whom you play in sports and what your institution's academic prowess was. Your alumni are in Cali? Ok, they were back in the Big 8/12 days too, and that didn't seem to be an issue.

The reason the Big 12 has pulled ahead of the Pac 12 is because the people involved care. College sports are important in the plains Midwest and the South. It's not important on the west coast. CU administration has clearly decided that they want CU athletics to be in a place where they can maximize revenue and competitive programs, and that's being in a league where the other schools and fanbases are dedicated to college athletics.

You can sit there and blather about state level politics, but remember, most of us alums of these red states schools don't vote red. We hate our asshole Republican governors too. It's just that 55% of our fellow state residents vote for them. Isn't Lauren Boebert a CO representative? Point being, politics is a bad excuse to be a jerk off about college sports.

In 2011, CU made a decision that any of the current Big 12 schools would have made offered. We have no ill will. You weren't a blue blood or power broker that could effect change in the Big 12 the way Nebraska, OU, and Texas were. You did what you had to do. 12 years later, you're doing the same.

Welcome home. Stop acting like ****wads. I hope the Big 12 starts playing some Week 0 games, because man I'd love to get to a game at Folsom.

Back