What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Big 12 member is the team you most want to beat once we join?

Who do you most want to dominate?

• Baylor

• Iowa State

• Kansas

• Kansas State

• Oklahoma State

• Texas Christian

• Texas Tech

• West Virginia

• One of the new P5 additions (BYU, Cincy, UH, UCF)

• Some other school from Pac, Independent or G5 you hope joins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fair enough. I first posted that months ago and was ridiculed for it. I genuinely am looking forward to playing y’all again and glad there’s some hate.
I think we were still hungover from the National Championship Party.

I still feel sick about losing that one back in 1991.

And I enjoyed the 57-38 win in Waco the following year.
We were at that 57-38 game in Waco. So hot and humid. Mrs PAHI came back from the rest room and said that some CU cheerleaders were throwing up in there because they were so hot and miserable. Road trip memory; interesting drive from Midland.

**** Baylor. I want to dominate them each and every single time we play them.

But, that hate isn't traditional football rivalry hate. And it can't be a "rivalry" unless we let them win sometimes.

Here's the big, major problem with the B12 as it is currently constructed: there is literally not a single school worthy of being our rival.

BYU is the only one with both a natty and a heisman, but their glory days are even further back in history than ours - and, notably, they don't seem to be taking the necessary steps to regain that glory, as we are.

Okie Lite is probably the current most consistently good team. They'll be a good measuring stick, but a rival? In Stoolwater?

Basically, lets just make the entire conference our bitch and call it a day. Pummel them on the field, steal their best recruits, and then gleefully listen to the lamentation of their women as we leave them with nothing, once again.
But there wasn’t a true rival in the PAC either. As you say, let’s beat ‘em all.

The Big 12 isn't a ****ty conference. It's a collection of schools that aren't blue bloods, but have passionate fanbases, and a ton of great atmospheres for college sports. You pine for the Big 10, but you'd just get your heads stoved in by Ohio State and Michigan. That extra money does a lot for you as a fan, right? CU has a path to the playoffs in the Big 12 and a path to rebuild a once-proud program.

You seem to judge it based on perceived academics and status as a general vacation destination. That's not what any of this is about. This is about college sports, and when it comes to college sports, the Big 12 is considerably ahead of the Pac 12, and that's why you joined. The gap is only growing. You can travel to the west coast for vacation whenever you want. You can associate academically with whomever you want. ISU works with Big 10 schools all the time (and we're a pretty damn good public school as it is) on research projects.
This is why I don’t want UO/UDub/UU

Institution? Absolutely. Fan base? Possibly.

I went to the ISU/Baylor game at Floyd-Casey in 2008. It was the single worst sports experience of my life. This was all pre-rape, mind you. Waco is actually a dump (the campus area is pretty decent, I guess) and the stadium was in a ****ty party of town nowhere near the campus. We got there about 5 hours before kick off, and the only people who were tailgating were other ISU fans. The whole place had an eerie, haunted vibe. Like we were disturbing some ancient Native American burial ground. The few Baylor fans we interacted with were aloof, unfriendly, and disinterested. The whole scene was a ****ing joke.

Between the murder cover ups and rape enabling, I can't think of an easier to despise institution in the conference. On par with Penn State for vileness, nationally.

That said, I've seen enough of their fans denounce the Briles era (although far too many act like he did nothing wrong) to believe there are some good Baylor fans out there. Dave Aranda seems like a genuinely good guy too. I still want to kick their teeth every year, and their program under Rhule was cheap and trashy.
The USC of Texas

precision > accuracy

realize he won't see this, but I disagree, and the pedantic accuracy vs precision discussion is totally my jam.

e.g. I need to calculate the area of a circle knowing the diameter (let's say I'm irrigating some agriculture and want to estimate my expected yield). I look up the value of pi....

source 1 (more accurate, less precise): "pi is 3"
source 2 (more precise, less accurate): "pi is 2.06127651552485"

the less precise but more accurate estimation of pi will result in my getting much closer to the correct answer.and will be far more useful

1690911550435.png

realize he won't see this, but I disagree, and the pedantic accuracy vs precision discussion is totally my jam.

e.g. I need to calculate the area of a circle knowing the diameter (let's say I'm irrigating some agriculture and want to estimate my expected yield). I look up the value of pi....

the less precise but more accurate estimation of pi will result in my getting much closer to the correct answer.and will be far more useful

View attachment 62606
I like pie.

View attachment 62606
Larry David Reaction GIF

I don’t think “incorrect” can be included in the definition of “precise”.

I would like immediate revenge against Okie Lite for the beat down they gave us in our most recent bowl game.
Unfortunately, BYU may be the natural rivalry I'm football. While not a fan of that, BYU is a better rival than say KSU.
I'd love to smack KU around in basketball and have that become the hot tix rivalry in hoops.

With the setup now, I’d like BYU, Baylor, Arizona as our permanent opponents. And kick the **** out of them.

Baylor I get. I voted KSU-only thing that separated those games once Darth Snyder got it rolling in Manhattan from being a rivalry was the lack of **** the fanbases talked in my opinion.

They're the class of the new Big 12 AFAIC, and Klieman gives off Darth Snyder vibes. Bullseye is on them.

Utah. I hate those ****ers even more now.

WARNING: sarcastic hot take

USC and UCLA leaving the PAC12 didn’t blow up the conference, it was teams like Utah, etc. beating out any chance of a Pac12 team making the CFP.

**** U(tes)

Granted - USC or Oregon were especially good at stepping on their own pumped up dicks…

Back