What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who are your 3 all-time Buffs?

Tyler Hansen was the starting QB when I was at CU, just to give you an idea of who I’ve seen play in a Buff uniform.

Kordell was the starter my first fall at CU. The first CU QB I remember though was Randy Essington, so I've probably seen more bad than good really.

Andre Gurode, Victor Rogers, and Kordell Stewart.

Gurode is one of the all-time best players to play at CU. The holes he and Rogers were plowing in the run game were legendary. Kordell was a trailblazer. His abilities as a true duel threat were absolutely decades ahead of his time.
I contemplated the idea of saying Gurode, Rogers and Graham as it's hard to beat that trio working together in the run and pass game and they made it possible for a JAG QB with JAG WRs to almost lead that team to a National Championship berth.

Obviously it was a different era, but a foundation of those three would be great even in today's game

I contemplated the idea of saying Gurode, Rogers and Graham as it's hard to beat that trio working together in the run and pass game and they made it possible for a JAG QB with JAG WRs to almost lead that team to a National Championship berth.

Obviously it was a different era, but a foundation of those three would be great even in today's game
Perfect comments about some real game-changing players
Daniel Graham was so special in college and could do anything he wanted inside and outside and would block like an OL. He would even run a crossing wheel route and as soon as the ILB was too far behind him, he would run outside and up and was always open. Would love to see that play installed this year for our new TE.

Andre Gurode, Victor Rogers, and Kordell Stewart.

Gurode is one of the all-time best players to play at CU. The holes he and Rogers were plowing in the run game were legendary. Kordell was a trailblazer. His abilities as a true duel threat were absolutely decades ahead of his time.
Rogers was great, but I think I'd swap in Chris Naole for him if I was going for the two most dominant guards.

Kordell, Big Al, Pritch. Hard not putting Crosby on there. If it had been one on offense, one on defense and one on special teams I’d have gone with Crosby. We all would.

Salaam, Graham, Williams

Offense
Pritchard, EB, Graham
Defense
Williams, McGee, Figures
Impact
Crosby, Kordell, Salaam

Too many to name just 3, so many more to love on the fringes
Branch, Lindsay, Westbrook, Hunter, Gurode, Smith, Flanagan
Offense
EB, Solder, Kordell
Defense
Steed, Biekert, Figures
Special Teams
Bloom, Rouen, Crosby

• Kordell - dude was an all pro in the NFL despite having many new OCs with no continuity of playbooks. Shedeur has a bit of work to do to get there (but I think he can). He would have been just as lethal in the modern RPO offense as he was in his time for the Buffs.
  • Joel Steed - I believe he was the best NT in our history and a great anchor on defense.
  • This last one is tough. I'm going to go with pre-injury Jashon Sykes. That guy was a future AA and NFL star if he hadn't had that freak injury to his back (?). Really a shame.

Sefo Liufau.
Phillip Lindsay.
Eric Bienemy.

That trio would be playing with passion and grit.

Back