What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who is attending the Spring Scrimmage (game) on April 27?

News page said the attendance was over 7,000. For those there, that seem about right?

Yeah that seems about right. There was a sprinkling of people on the west side but the east side from end zone to end zone was pretty packed all the way up and into the second level of seats. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of people that showed up. Talked to one guy and he said it was significantly better than last year and that last year was deserted in comparison. I was guesstimating by what I saw and the stadium being about 50K that we were somewhere around 10K but 7K is probably pretty close.

I’m hoping this is the beginning and the Buffs continue to ask the alumni and current NFL players to come back and make it a tradition. Build it up and build upon it year after year and people will come. It was a good atmosphere and a fun day. I was there 10:45-3 and I think i spent like $60 maybe on beer, food etc. It’s a fun cheap day for families if they want.

Also one other note. There was a huge lack of papers attached to seats for season ticket holders on that side of the stadium, that was really nice to see. I looked for them on my way up the stairs and I only saw like maybe 6-8 around 118/119.

High probability: AFA, CSU

Battles: AZ, NU, UCLA, USC, Wazzu

Underdog: ASU, Oregon, Stanford

Longshot: Utah, Washington

Putting UCLA and USC in the “battles” category is aspirational.
Since joining the P12, CU has not won in at the Rose Bowl. And CU has never beaten USC at home or away. That’s why they got the Monkey call out from me. Clear the monkey, and then it’s easier for me to treat them like just another team.

Until those monkeys off are off CU’s back, I can’t bring myself to throw either school into the “battles” category that implies a 50/50 outcome.

So long as Clay Helton and Lynn Swan are providing leadership at USC, the window to best USC is open. CU fans deserve to go nuts when the Buffs finally beat the Trojans. I really hope that 2019 is the year. The Hill will RAWK into the wee hours after that one.

Of course Chip Kelly has a poor outing at his first year with the Bruins. This is enough to also believe this game might be stolen on the road.

What got us into this discussion is on the notion that CU isn’t the only team on the schedule with talent and depth issues.

Is it correct to infer from your inclusion of USC and UCLA into the “battles” category that both schools are also struggling with talent and depth issues?

From my perspective, both schools have talent and depth advantages over CU based on their recruiting.

But I hope you are right about CU not being an underdog in both of those games. Yours is definitely is not a wet blanket take regrading those two schools.

Since CU beat ASU with Laviska and Montez last year, I’m more bullish on getting an ASU victory this year than you are. Although it’s in the desert this year, the Devils are missing WR standout Harry and experienced QB Wilkins. We’ll see if ASU’s skill players can take advantage of ASU’s depth at the lines.

UCLA and USC are toss-ups due to coaching issues.

ASU in Tempe early in the season is usually one of the tougher road environments in the conference. Also the first road game of the season under a new staff.

Just short of 86,000. Get it right or STFU.

So does that total at least 10,000 full sets of natural teeth?

Have to hold it at the university because that is the only place they can find someone who can count that high.

After watching it how many of the red-clad idiots will try to use it as justification to argue they will win at least the B1G if not a NC?

And last but not least this means that thousands of sheep got a day off.

Just short of 86,000. Get it right or STFU.

86K came to see all that not NFL talent? Your lives must be boring than I even thought. I almost feel bad for you now that the highlight of your year is 6 weeks in the fall and winter watching a losing team.

I heard from an older niblet with whom I work with that there was 45k at the polyester parade.
The older niblet was just ****ing with you to make you feel good.

Poor Buff fans have the little man syndrome going strong this spring.

If that's not true, then prove me wrong by acting like you've been there.

We’re not the ones bragging about the size of our Spring Game, **** face.
Neither was I. A Buff fan brought it up. I only asked how this year's attendance was compared to last year for the CU spring scrimmage game. Some of the jokers on this board took it south from there.

Now back to the thread topic if you will.

I thoughts Buffsrock85 was year graduated, or year born. Not current age of when she signed up.

281ug1.jpg

Back