What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who Replaces Ben Mills?

Every successful program has kids who deserve to ride the bench and do. What we want is for all of those guys to be the walk-ons who bust their butts in practice with the hope of getting a few minutes of garbage time multiple times over the season.

At the time Ben was recruited he was a reasonable target to recruit. His biggest issue is that he was never able, despite plenty of work, to build the strength and mass to compete at this level. This is not something that Tad could have known was not going to happen when he recruited him.

Ben has a great attitude and he has some skills. Had he been able to put on another 25-30lbs of quality muscle we would be hailing Tad as a genius for signing him.

The difference now is that the program is not longer at a point where we have to take guys who are the kind of risk or compromise that Ben was.

The next fan favorite is likely to be the practice player who manages to sneak into those odd minutes and carries that hustle and effort into those minutes even when the game is long over.
Did Tad even recruit him? I thought that was Bzdelik.

We are straying from the original post. We have to find out which player will deliver the laughs that will surely be missing once Mr. Mills graduates. We've had a good run of goofy white guys who can sometimes play at a comical level--SHT and now Ben Mills. The question is, are Mills' shoes simply too big to fill? Looking at the roster as is, we have absolutely NO ONE who can compare to what Mills brings to the table.

Remember, SHT was there to mentor Mills for 3 full years. I remember watching the two warm up before games...Shane would always be giving advice to Ben: "Remember, Ben, we're 7 feet tall. The last thing they'll expect us to do is fade away from 5 feet out. That's why it's genius!" And Ben would nod approvingly. Now, not only do we not have that "role player" to watch, we don't even have a mentor system to ensure our proud tradition of gumpy white guys who make us laugh will endure!

Honestly, I think Boyle needs to take some if not all of the blame for the impending dearth of quality uncoordinated gangly big men on our squad. I've written to him and our AD about this, yet I have not received ONE response. It's quite the slap in the face when you consider our AD has been trying to reach out to the fan base.

I say we all begin a letter-writing campaign to voice our displeasure with the state of the end of the bench. Ben Thrills and SHT were two of a kind, and with the former with only a handful of games left, we are at critical levels of players we can play highlights of with the Benny Hill them overdubbed. Get your head out of your ass, Boyle!

Him and dre were Tad's first class.

Coach A recruited them both. Bzdelik hired Coach A and said to find him some rebounding in the late signing period. Coach A found Mills and Dre. Tad came in, kept Coach A, and went forward with both. Dre was a little different because Tad had known about him and had tried to recruit him to UNCO.

Coach A recruited them both. Bzdelik hired Coach A and said to find him some rebounding in the late signing period. Coach A found Mills and Dre. Tad came in, kept Coach A, and went forward with both. Dre was a little different because Tad had known about him and had tried to recruit him to UNCO.

If I remember right, and may not as tired as I am right now, Ben and Dre were both relatively late additions to the class. Tad also had his eyes on a couple other guys who choose other schools.

If I remember right, and may not as tired as I am right now, Ben and Dre were both relatively late additions to the class. Tad also had his eyes on a couple other guys who choose other schools.

They were the class. Bzdelik thought he had found another job (NBA assistant, iirc) during the summer AAU recruiting season and mailed it in for our recruiting at that time. Then, it looked like he'd have to stick around CU another year and started recruiting through Coach A for the spring signing period.

Back