What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who will be the OC in 2024?

Not opposed, but would Grimes and CP get along? Seem like two very different personalities.

Are we waiting for Lewis to land somewhere before announcing any changes? I know it’s my impatience as a fan watching this closely and us being the target of national media, but we could really use some positive news. I’m not completely sold, if the rumors are true though, landing the OC of Tom Brady’s last Super Bowl would probably do the trick.

Are we waiting for Lewis to land somewhere before announcing any changes? I know it’s my impatience as a fan watching this closely and us being the target of national media, but we could really use some positive news. I’m not completely sold, if the rumors are true though, landing the OC of Tom Brady’s last Super Bowl would probably do the trick.
Prime doesn’t want to demean anybody.

If this was CU as I became accustomed to, I'd think they were slow playing it to try to collect a buyout instead of risking having to pay one. I want to believe that Coach Prime has flushed that small time mentality out of the building.

Hard pass on anyone whose only success came with Tom Brady as the QB

Ok, but if you discount the seasons he was with Tom Brady, that leaves him with one half season as Arizona Cardinals OC. Jesus Christ himself couldn't have coached that team to have any offensive success. I'd be AMAZED if you could name five players on that offense, and I'll spot you Larry Fitzgerald.

Ok, but if you discount the seasons he was with Tom Brady, that leaves him with one half season as Arizona Cardinals OC. Jesus Christ himself couldn't have coached that team to have any offensive success. I'd be AMAZED if you could name five players on that offense, and I'll spot you Larry Fitzgerald.
This isn't selling me when you can't point to any success without Brady, literally the only time he was the OC for a full year.

Lewis is moving to San Diego State. I'd like to see Leftwich official by the end of the week.
Make It So Patrick Stewart GIF

Jesus made up for his lack of game day coaching by being one helluva great recruiter.

If this was CU as I became accustomed to, I'd think they were slow playing it to try to collect a buyout instead of risking having to pay one. I want to believe that Coach Prime has flushed that small time mentality out of the building.
Remember those days? Carousel spinning and stopping but CU would wait till the end.

top targets:

chip kelly. he knows he is on thin ice at fucla and he wants to coach up some generational talent here.
bill belichek. you want an nfl offense, built around an elite qb? there it is.
tom brady. he is just a big enough asshole to do this to get everyone hating even more.
mike shanahan. west coast offense and he doesn't even have to move or anything.
EB. come back as the anointed successor.

strange days indeed but why the EFF not?

top targets:

chip kelly. he knows he is on thin ice at fucla and he wants to coach up some generational talent here.
bill belichek. you want an nfl offense, built around an elite qb? there it is.
tom brady. he is just a big enough asshole to do this to get everyone hating even more.
mike shanahan. west coast offense and he doesn't even have to move or anything.
EB. come back as the anointed successor.

strange days indeed but why the EFF not?
Your drugs have gone bad. You snorting @Buffnik s peyote again?

As someone who doesn't watch NFL that much, can anyone tell me should I be excited about Leftwich or not?

A quick wiki tells me he had one good year and then one awful year.
Year one...Brady before he fell off a cliff, healthy Gronk, Evans, and Godwin. Best o line in football.

Year two...Brady got old quick, no Gronk, everyone got hurt.

Watching the Cowboys right now. This is the offense scheme we need to run. Under center, shotgun, pistol, spread 5 receivers, then 2 back set. Keep the D guessing... no gimmicky O let's go tried and true.

Watching the Cowboys right now. This is the offense scheme we need to run. Under center, shotgun, pistol, spread 5 receivers, then 2 back set. Keep the D guessing... no gimmicky O let's go tried and true.
Miami dynasty era.
USC under Carroll.
All the recent national champs.

Offenses that were physical with the QB's job to lead the team from the pocket, not with his legs.

If we're about championship football, the blueprint is to play like Georgia. You can't beat those teams with scheme gimmicks.

Miami dynasty era.
USC under Carroll.
All the recent national champs.

Offenses that were physical with the QB's job to lead the team from the pocket, not with his legs.

If we're about championship football, the blueprint is to play like Georgia. You can't beat those teams with scheme gimmicks.
The Gimmick offenses are designed to mask deficiencies. Obviously it didn't work for us.

Back