What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who will step up at WR?

Clemons hopefully. I do think Thornton is gonna be a stud at TE. He looked like it in the spring game.
Check and check. Clemons is on track to step right in and be the guy Simas was end of last year, a guy that the opposition couldn't put single coverage on and forget about. Thornton looked like Antonio Gates out there in Spring ball.

I think there is enough talent at WR for somebody to step up. The real question in my mind is who will step up at running back?

Man, that is uncalled for. I'd bet those kids would give all they have. And you know what? I wouldn't be surprised to see any onr of them contribute.

Uncalled for hilarious. You're more sensitive than a room full of women watching terms of endearment. He made the statement due to the fact hawk plays those types of players more than the guys who can actually..make plays. Yes, they work hard but you can't win consistently and you can't beat top 25-30 teams with those guys getting 75% of the reps and plays.

Not that simmons got a chance last season but why can't we start the season with everyone on deck? No simas and no simmons and that spells trouble. CU's passing game isn't the greatest to begin with but this team can't keep losing players for stupidity or grades.

Uncalled for hilarious. You're more sensitive than a room full of women watching terms of endearment. He made the statement due to the fact hawk plays those types of players more than the guys who can actually..make plays. Yes, they work hard but you can't win consistently and you can't beat top 25-30 teams with those guys getting 75% of the reps and plays.
I LOVED that movie! A real tear jerker, though.

Juicebox is, without a doubt, the undisputed master of what-the-****ery. Anytime we get somebody in here with some promise they somehow manage to **** the bed. First, Scott...Should have been able to light a fire under his ass and motivate him. Then Sumler...I understand that he wasnt the most talented guy in the lot but he could have been a contributor this season, instead douche-nozzle dan gives him the old"**** you". Then Simas...i understand and believe that this is not necessarily Squawks fault as he was a repeat-repeat offender, but I still think the situtation could have been micro-managed to prevent it from happening. And now moving Ussery to safety and Simmons academically ineligible...you have got to be kidding me. He has his head so far up his own ass...good call, a talented 6-4 receiver moved to safety (does anybody else think that it is odd that we move a lot of talented guys to safety for seemingly no reason...heres an idea, recruit one) and Simmons, a guy who everybody knew was an academic risk at the time he transferred, didn't garner additional attention to ensure that he maintained the academic requirements. You truly are a progressive thinker Dan Hawkins...keep up the good work.

Yeah it is really smart to move a 6'4 (lol) WR to safety when your team has failed to produce at that position for many years. Safety is one of the least important positions on a football team, but you should move all of your RB's (polk) and WRs there when you have very little talent at those more important positions.

Yeah it is really smart to move a 6'4 (lol) WR to safety when your team has failed to produce at that position for many years. Safety is one of the least important positions on a football team, but you should move all of your RB's (polk) and WRs there when you have very little talent at those more important positions.

Hawk hasn't a clue.

I really want to see Celestine step-up this year. The kid showed some small flashes early. And the good thing is that Kendrick has one of the biggest lunch boxes on the team - after what he went through to come back to Boulder.

FWIW, it was at Ussery suggestion that he move to Safety and at this point he's playing safety during the summer 7 on 7s. He may stay there, he may not but it's not fair to put this on Hawk's feet.

What do you know? You've never taken any risks in your life. I'm sure Hawk is busy working on the little things. It's gonna pop. Really.

You know... I'm almost at the point (again) where this whole situation with Hawk is hilarious. At first, it was kind of funny because I thought he was putting us all on (who could be THAT stupid to annoint his 5'10" son the QB savior of a program), but then it got very UNfunny, and quick. For the last 2 years or so, it's just kind of been depressing to think about the CU Football program for me. Now, it's getting to the point where I couldn't script anything that happens next. It's ALMOST like an Arrested Development show.

Hawk brings in a private investigator to tail Hanson so Cody can start senior year? Sure. Hawk changes practices to only the nights where Venus is waning in the house of Aries because it will help with everyone's chakra? Why not? The whole team gets busted for trafficking immigrants across the border? Yawn; just another wacky event in a series for the Golden Buffaloes.

I'm telling you, this has the makings of a hit comedy show.

More like the makings of a depressing cancer victim movie along the lines of Brian's Song. The cancer that is Hawk slowly suffocates the life out of CU Football to get his 5' 9 1/2" son one last shot at glory.

Back