What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who's our next coach

Agreed on the Hankwitz point. If they're looking to keep the linebacker whisperer Cabral at strictly a position rather than call plays and bring in an outside DC I'd have Hanky on my top 5 list. Plenty of past CU experience in addition to being the last Wrecking Crew DC at A&M before they lost their marbles.

Hankowitz leaving was a big blow, and seems so long ago I forgot about it (buried since then by more and more miserable memories).

Getting him back as a DC would be great.

I still think the key to success is allowing our assistants to have higher salaries and long-term contracts, otherwise we will just be a "coach factory" for other schools, and unable to retain our coaching talent.

I still think the key to success is allowing our assistants to have higher salaries and long-term contracts, otherwise we will just be a "coach factory" for other schools, and unable to retain our coaching talent.

Get busy working on a constitutional amendment, then, if you really think we have to have that.

LOL, that would be funny we took Buzz from the Falcons, that would piss off the ewes to no end!!

I dont think Fairchild would come though, he seems to be pretty hard core green and gold.

So... what about it? John Elway.

Is it totally crazy to think about making him an offer?

He's a member of both the college and pro football halls of fame.

Arguably the greatest QB of all time.

Was (is?) the owner of the Colorado Crush

Certainly knows a thing or two about coaching having being raised and coached by Jack Elway.

Is independently wealthy so I don't think money would be an issue.

We offered his long time back up the HC job once so why not him?

- Great recruiter
- Passion for the game, hardass, someone who hates and will not tolerate losing
- At least competent at implementing a scheme or delegating it to someone who can. I don't need or neccessarily even want some kind of crazy gimmick offense. But a coherent offense is a must.

OK you guys have convinced me, but would he really take the offer? I must admit I dont know Elway the way some claim around here so I wonder if he would really be interested?

How much does Dave Logan want?

At least we would have a chance of retaining the best in-state talent and playing fundamental football.

:lol: at John Elway. That has to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard

Fine, I won't even take that personally. Just tell me why it's so stupid. Is it because you think he'd never come here? Is it because you think he'd be a terrible coach? I've been waiting for him to get into coaching for years and I'm not the only one. He has better credentials and credibility than the brothers Harbaugh had when they got their shots. Sure I proposed Elway in a semi-facetious way, but if just if he considered it I think we could do a lot worse than the state of Colorado's greatest sports legend. Who wouldn't want to play for John Elway?

Last edited:
Fine, I won't even take that personally. Just tell me why it's so stupid. Is it because you think he'd never come here? Is it because you think he'd be a terrible coach? I've been waiting for him to get into coaching for years and I'm not the only one. He has better credentials and credibility than the brothers Harbaugh had when they got their shots. Sure I proposed Elway in a semi-facetious way, but if just if he considered it I think we could do a lot worse than the state of Colorado's greatest sports legend. Who wouldn't want to play for John Elway?

Seriously? You laugh at Hawk's coaching and you think Elway would be any better? Has he even coached anything other then Pop Warner:wow: Ya Isaiah Thomas was a good player with credentials, but a HORRIBLE coach

Seriously? You laugh at Hawk's coaching and you think Elway would be any better? Has he even coached anything other then Pop Warner:wow: Ya Isaiah Thomas was a good player with credentials, but a HORRIBLE coach

What had the Harbaugh brothers coached? They're doing pretty well. You just compared one of if not the best QB's to ever play the game to isaiah thomas? Really? If you're a top recruit and John Elway shows up at your door would you sit up and take notice? Seriously on most teams the coordinators do the heavy lifting anyway Elway would be a game changer as a recruiter. At any rate, yeah it will probably never happen but your shrill commentary about what a joke it would be leads me to believe you're not from Colorado. I can't speak for everyone but I would run through a wall for a hypothetical coach Elway.

:lol: at John Elway. That has to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard

Not the stupidist idea, but I wonder what mike shannahan is up to? He seemed interested in uf several years ago. Could be worth a call. How much money do we have. I ask not as a rhetorical question, but what determines the budget. I've never been intersted in the college football coaching process until now...

I lived in Montgomery ( a pro Auburn city) last year and most fans were sad to see him go and went ballistic when chizik was hired. I think Tuberville would be an excellent choice. He could bring in SEC talent to CU too.

What had the Harbaugh brothers coached? They're doing pretty well. You just compared one of if not the best QB's to ever play the game to isaiah thomas? Really? If you're a top recruit and John Elway shows up at your door would you sit up and take notice? Seriously on most teams the coordinators do the heavy lifting anyway Elway would be a game changer as a recruiter. At any rate, yeah it will probably never happen but your shrill commentary about what a joke it would be leads me to believe you're not from Colorado. I can't speak for everyone but I would run through a wall for a hypothetical coach Elway.

Well Jim was the HC at Pepperdine before coming to Stanford. You need more experience than coaching QBs at Cherry Creek HS and selling Ford F150s to take over a BCS program, even if your name is Elway.

Back