What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why am I not worried at all?

I know he does, and I agree about the 60 minute thing, but you have to look at the overall improvement, look where we were at week 2 and look where we are now. This ****er just keeps attacking me because I don't know **** about football. Sorry for being an opptimistic fan that is encouraged by improvement and would take that over a team that could have easily tanked it after week 2.:rolleyes:

Being an optimist is fine, so long as it's tempered with a heavy dose of reality. There's a guy who sits in my section who called me the most negative person he has ever met. Seriously. Me, the most negative guy he's ever met. CU is getting burned on pass plays and all he does is marvel at how well CU is stopping the run. Holy crap, KU isn't even trying to run the ball, but that's somehow impressive to him? I point out that CU allowed KU to march down the field in under 2 minutes to end the half and he says "it was a push when you consider that CU got a score right before that from an interception". :wtf:

Don't be that guy, leash. This team still has issues it has to deal with.

I know he does, and I agree about the 60 minute thing, but you have to look at the overall improvement, look where we were at week 2 and look where we are now. This ****er just keeps attacking me because I don't know **** about football. Sorry for being an opptimistic fan that is encouraged by improvement and would take that over a team that could have easily tanked it after week 2.:rolleyes:

Seen improvement? Yes, I've seen some baby steps improvement but s I said above, there is no consistency to this team. Are we a running team? Are we a passing team? there's no real identity yet, hopefully there will be as we go further into the season, but based on past performances I'm very leary of us actually being what I would consider consistent.

just my 2 cents and I am usually willing to give change

I've not seen a stitch of good consistency all year. I've seen some improvement, at times, but nothing anywhere close to what I call consistency.

The definition of this team to me is inconsistency with regard to the on the field play.:huh:

You don't think they have consitently gotten better since week 2? You don't think they looked better against Wyoming than they did against Toledo? You don't think they looked better against WVU than they did against WYo? Ok, that one we looked like **** on run D. You don't think we looked better against Texas than we did against WVU? You don't think we looked better against KU than we did against Texas?

I am not saying we have turned into a national title contender overnight, I just see constant improvement for the first time under Hawk, and I'm encouraged by that. Maybe if I'm the only one, then I truly DO NOT know anything about football. All that former player and coaches son knowledge down the drain, or maybe I am arrogant because of that and I need to relax.

Being an optimist is fine, so long as it's tempered with a heavy dose of reality. There's a guy who sits in my section who called me the most negative person he has ever met. Seriously. Me, the most negative guy he's ever met. CU is getting burned on pass plays and all he does is marvel at how well CU is stopping the run. Holy crap, KU isn't even trying to run the ball, but that's somehow impressive to him? I point out that CU allowed KU to march down the field in under 2 minutes to end the half and he says "it was a push when you consider that CU got a score right before that from an interception". :wtf:

Don't be that guy, leash. This team still has issues it has to deal with.

Good post

Leash, I guess I'm sick of the moral victory bull**** and want to actually see wins. We are on track for our 4th losing season in a row....

I define consistency as knowing what your teams strengths are week in and week out. The D did show some improvement these last few weeks, but look at where they were. They **** the bed against Toledo, I sure as hell hope they could improve on that turd of a game. Wyo sucks, plain and simple and that win did nothing to make me more optimistic for the season. Shutting them out is like scoring with FC's mom, it's nothing to brag about.

I may be to clouded by past performances, whether this year or previous years but I'm tired of losing. Period.

I don't want to hear about the labor pains (moral victories), just show me the baby (wins).

Leash, I guess I'm sick of the moral victory bull**** and want to actually see wins. We are on track for our 4th losing season in a row....

I define consistency as knowing what your teams strengths are week in and week out. The D did show some improvement these last few weeks, but look at where they were. They **** the bed against Toledo, I sure as hell hope they could improve on that turd of a game. Wyo sucks, plain and simple and that win did nothing to make me more optimistic for the season. Shutting them out is like scoring with FC's mom, it's nothing to brag about.

I may be to clouded by past performances, whether this year or previous years but I'm tired of losing. Period.

I don't want to hear about the labor pains (moral victories), just show me the baby (wins).

I agree 100% HF. I am just very optimistic after what I've seen especially the last two weeks and now with TH at QB, that we are gonna get this turned around this year. If Cody was still our QB, I would not feel that way. If we have a losing season this year, which still looks very likely, I will be very frustrated, and want change.

I agree 100% HF. I am just very optimistic after what I've seen especially the last two weeks and now with TH at QB, that we are gonna get this turned around this year. If Cody was still our QB, I would not feel that way. If we have a losing season this year, which still looks very likely, I will be very frustrated, and want change.

the thing is, despite the QB change, we still have the same coaches. that's the thing I'm having a tough time looking past and it prevents letting the optimism seep in.

I want nothing more than to be wrong and see this team catch fire. Sadly, history tells me not to get my hopes up. No road wins and previous failures in the second half of the season has me down. And I hate it, I'm not usually this kind of fan, I'm normally accused of being a sunshine pumper.

the thing is, despite the QB change, we still have the same coaches. that's the thing I'm having a tough time looking past and it prevents letting the optimism seep in.

Agreed. We've heard this song before.

I want nothing more than to be wrong and see this team catch fire. Sadly, history tells me not to get my hopes up. No road wins and previous failures in the second half of the season has me down. And I hate it, I'm not usually this kind of fan, I'm normally accused of being a sunshine pumper.

Agreed. We've heard this song before.

Very understandable, Lets see how it plays out. I too still have my doubts about the coaching.

I would be worried if CU was as good as Florida, and was playing a Sun Belt team. I'm always worried. Mind boggling losses happen all the time. Trust me, CU can easily lose this weekend.

Last edited:
My biggest problem? Despite the forced turnovers and the improved QB play, we still only had ~320 yards in offense against one of the worst Defenses in the Big XII.

all of this makes sense. And thank you for your responses.

I don't give a ****.

We are going to beat the **** out of the pussycats and come home hungry for more.

My biggest problem? Despite the forced turnovers and the improved QB play, we still only had ~320 yards in offense against one of the worst Defenses in the Big XII.

I don't get how KU's defense is somehow one of the worst in the Big 12. Also remember that short fields can be great for scoring, but don't give the offense much opportunity to put up big yardage numbers.

I don't get how KU's defense is somehow one of the worst in the Big 12. Also remember that short fields can be great for scoring, but don't give the offense much opportunity to put up big yardage numbers.
Thats the general impression based on their inability to run away with games against weak competition despite scoring in bunches....

Fair point on the yardage #s... plus the killer turnovers and drops in the 3d and 4th respectively really shortened those drives as well. However, the team never consistently moved the ball up and down the field. That worries me, even though we did get that one drive to go ahead in the 4th. However, that one drive required a pretty decent dosage of Hansen magic... Until this offense moves the ball and makes it look easy instead of difficult, I will be worried.

:nod: Yup

Kiseau has the pieces in place now to be successful in these next 6 games. We're gonna find out what kind of coordinator he can be.

Unless you're a Florida, Texas, Alabama or USC, you should be worried about any game no matter who your team is. College football is a lot different than it was 20 years ago. SO much parity now and upsets are more common than ever.

I'm optimistic headed into this game. Obviously, TH is one reason, but the biggest one to me is the run defense and the defense overall.

Methinks taking away the run will have dramatically different effect against ksu than it did against KU. If special teams hold their water, and ksu has to pass to beat us, I don't think its close. We walk all over gramp's grapes.

I've not seen a stitch of good consistency all year. I've seen some improvement, at times, but nothing anywhere close to what I call consistency.

The definition of this team to me is inconsistency with regard to the on the field play.:huh:

:yeahthat:

The one thing about this team that I would call consistent is its inconsistency.... :cool:

Overall, we're clearly MUCH improved over the team that went to Toledo. But that improvement so far means that the good stretches are enough to overcome the bad stretches, or at least somewhat close to it. Early in the year the good stretches could barely be found in the midst of the ****.... :sad1:

Unless you're a Florida, Texas, Alabama or USC, you should be worried about any game no matter who your team is. College football is a lot different than it was 20 years ago. SO much parity now and upsets are more common than ever.

Agree....and we're the underdog. Yikes.

Back