What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WHY ARE WE NOT DOING THIS? Bama vs. CU signing day stuff

This makes absolutely no sense. First, the information is getting out anyway. Second, the only recruits that seem to be "playing out" in a special way are all scheduled to make their announcements after 3:30. Third, how does announcing the signings of recruits that don't care in any way affect the recruits who don't want you to announce anything?

Fine, don't use the fax-camera, but that doesn't mean you need to go into a big bunker about EVERYTHING.

But, whatever.

Because Plati has never embraced LOI day for whatever reason. The AD will surely take money for the luncheon, but forget about them trying to do anything above and beyond that. Instead we get weak excuses that can easily be shot down by anyone who knows even just a little bit.

Possible Translations:
1) Recruits in this class are basically mercenaries who consider CU a fall back if they don't think they'll get playing time at their dream school.

2) Platti hasn't earned the trust of the new head coach when it comes to delivering a coherent media strategy. Instead of taking ownership of the NLOI media strategy, it's best to punt and pin this omission on the new guy.

3) The fans will be there whether the CUAD spoils them or ignores them. It's easier and costs less to keep hitting the snooze button.

4) The assumption is that kids can't find out who has already committed to the Buffs. SSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

4) The assumption is that kids can't find out who has already committed to the Buffs. SSSHHHHHH!!!!!!

:yeahthat:
Why not let kids know who they'll be playing with for 3/4/5 years? I think this does have an effect on possibilities for student/athletes. And even if it is a very very small factor, why not do that to help us out?

His response made absolutely no sense.

fax5.jpg
It's also possible that the CU AD doesn't want to feel responsible for worker-student productivity dropping to 5% should they implement fax-girl cam

Last edited:
i'd be interested in the procedure that was used to determine "fax girl", the job description as writ, were there tryouts...etc.

while i'm totally in line with the mystification that our AD takes a step back from the fans every time it gets the chance, i'd guess our version would suggest there's a little bit of a "LCD" factor in the skirt-takes-the-faxes approach. i don't mean LCD Soundsystem or those watches from the 80's.

It's also possible that the CU AD doesn't want to feel responsible for worker-student productivity dropping to 5% should they implement fax-girl cam

Due to the distraction of the copy girl, it took me a while to notice the 450g cocaine gnome on the other side of the screen. Those 'bama AD guys don't play around.

I suggest we all reach out to Dave and Mike and let them know what other schools are doing and how we thing CU could improve. Bama missed the mark by not having a Join the Tide club or what ever its called link.

I dont buy the recruit thing though at all though since UW who we are battling for recruits has a cam.

Back