What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

why do people think...

I've been ranting about the seating issue ever since the game moved to Invesco. My dad is also a 40+ year season ticket holder (has had tickets continuously since he graduated CU in 1962). The seats in Folsom are far superior to the seats in Invesco every year.

Add in that the atmosphere and overall experience of Invesco sucks and I wish they'd quit playing there.

Amen. My dad is a former player and has been a seaon ticket holder for 30+ years and has had the same seats at Folsom for all those years. Great seats right on the 45 yard line. When the game is at INvesco they have either been in the endzone or in the nosebleeds.:huh:

This game Sucks!

I sold my tickets to this game. I'll watch it on my HD plasma and drink beer. If they want season ticket holders to go to this game then don't put us in the !@#$ing 5th level 25th row!!! Invesco is a hole. No win situation for the Buffs. :sad2:

Re: This game Sucks!

People

we have 2 sides of a stadium at Folsom and we get one side at invesco. do the ****ing math.:rolleyes:

so how do you want it. the people who have had tickets the longest should get the good seats or, the people that give the most $$$ get the good seats.

CU currently uses a priority point system that combines years and money. this seems fair to me.

What a bunch of crybabies. Life ain't fair. I'll take any opportunity to see the Buffs. My seats at Folsom are on the 30-ish yard line. I'm in the end zone, lower level at Invesco. So what? It's the Buffs. I don't give a damn where I sit so long as I'm not with a bunch of dorks from the other team.

what a bunch of crybabies. Life ain't fair. I'll take any opportunity to see the buffs. My seats at folsom are on the 30-ish yard line. I'm in the end zone, lower level at invesco. So what? It's the buffs. I don't give a damn where i sit so long as i'm not with a bunch of dorks from the other team.

ymssr

Re: This game Sucks!

CU currently uses a priority point system that combines years and money. this seems fair to me.

Money heavily outweighs years. That's my problem.

CU already has some of the most expensive tickets in college football but if you want decent seats at Invesco, you also have to contribute $$ on top of the hefty ticket prices and mandatory donations. And Invesco tickets are part of the season ticket package, so you can't opt out of them.

Most folks have limited entertainment dollars to go around. When you factor in the donations required on top of the already high ticket prices, it will run me over $75 per seat to go to Folsom and watch games this year. I know damn well I could pay less than that by buying individual game tickets outside the stadium each week. With the possible exceptions of WVU and UT, I could see every home game for far less money. And even if those two are over face to get in, I'd still be ahead of the game with the other 4.

Why do my dad and I buy season tickets, then? Because we want to do our part to support the athletic department. And what does that get us? Bad seats at Invesco unless we want to fork over more $$ for donations, and a system where money trumps decades of supporting the Buffs via season tickets.

I'm seriously considering not renewing my season tickets next year and just buying tickets outside the stadium.

Last edited:
What a bunch of crybabies. Life ain't fair. I'll take any opportunity to see the Buffs. My seats at Folsom are on the 30-ish yard line. I'm in the end zone, lower level at Invesco. So what? It's the Buffs. I don't give a damn where I sit so long as I'm not with a bunch of dorks from the other team.

:bowdown:...the truth right there....course i will be sneaking into the student section just like last year...the crappy south stands (can't believe i just said that, oh Old Mile High Come Back!!!) is still a definite upgrade from goalline 5 rows from the top

I have two kids who go to CU and they have a great time coming down to Denver. The atmosphere with both schools having large contingents is great. You can never get that at either of the schools. That being said I do agree that some variety would be good. Adding AFA to the mix is a great idea.

this thread should be titled "why does buffan act so defensive like hornfan?"

All Ubt did was bring up a fact and some people decided to regulate behind the internets.

Anyway, CU CSU matchup should be played all in boulder, until CSU consistantly becomes a top 30 football club.

Having an opponent who gets up to play you with passion can only get you stronger. It makes CU players not take a day off during summer practice because they have to focus on the first game of the season, and it keeps CU from becoming a soft team.

IF CU can't take care of the rammies, then they don't deserve a big 12 title.

I like invesco compared to Folsom seat wise. There is no bad seat in my opinion and you don't have to sit on htsoe stupid bleachers that are sooo uncomfortable. I like the atmosphere at Folsom but I dont' maind Invesco.

I like invesco compared to Folsom seat wise. There is no bad seat in my opinion and you don't have to sit on htsoe stupid bleachers that are sooo uncomfortable. I like the atmosphere at Folsom but I dont' maind Invesco.

Rows 1-10 in the 100 (minus the south stands) are awful. they are too low in relation to the stadium.

As for Folsom, bring a blanket to pad your ass:thumbsup:

All of this talk about ending the series is ridiculous. I understand that people who are older than 25 or so do not feel the same way I do. However, for kids who went to CU or graduated from there in the last few years, CSU is the #1 rival. At least when Nebraska beats us we don't have to hear about it for the next 12 months from a bunch of little ****s who couldn't get into CU. I take the greatest of pleasures in beating those clowns from up north.

And, if we back out of the series, be prepared to hear about what pussies we are for the next decade.

All of this talk about ending the series is ridiculous. I understand that people who are older than 25 or so do not feel the same way I do. However, for kids who went to CU or graduated from there in the last few years, CSU is the #1 rival. At least when Nebraska beats us we don't have to hear about it for the next 12 months from a bunch of little ****s who couldn't get into CU. I take the greatest of pleasures in beating those clowns from up north.

And, if we back out of the series, be prepared to hear about what pussies we are for the next decade.

I completely agree, in-state rivalries are one of best parts of college football. All this stuff about losing credibility and it being a no-win situation is total crap. We lose our credibility when Montana State beats us at home. We beat them 75% of the time and have bragging rights for the year so I dont see what the problem is.

I completely agree, in-state rivalries are one of best parts of college football. All this stuff about losing credibility and it being a no-win situation is total crap. We lose our credibility when Montana State beats us at home. We beat them 75% of the time and have bragging rights for the year so I dont see what the problem is.

I don't brag about beating CSU. It's like bragging about beating up a retarded kid.:smile2:

kNU made me cry like no other growing up. But, CSU has made me angry. I don't contend that CSU is the #1 rival, and they certainly won't even merit discussion 5 years from now. I do contend that they are the most annoying team with the most annoying fans that we face. And that often makes younger fans, like myself, consider a victory over the lambs just as important as one over kNU, especially when kNU is sucking it like they have been recently.

I think we should shoot for someone other than Nebraska for our rival. Someone that actually means something nationally when you beat them. Beating Nebraska anymore is not much more impressive than beating Colorado state.

I think we should shoot for someone other than Nebraska for our rival. Someone that actually means something nationally when you beat them. Beating Nebraska anymore is not much more impressive than beating Colorado state.

I disagree, NU beat us like 9 straight years, so beating them feels good no matter what.

I disagree, NU beat us like 9 straight years, so beating them feels good no matter what.

It was a joke and more of a slam at NU, cause they aren't very good anymore. I agree though, we could beat them 30 straight times by 70 points each game and I still will not feel sorry for them.

I was born in 1968. From the day I was born, CU lost to NU every year until my freshman year at CU, in 1986.

We have a long line of beat-downs in store for the children of the corn.

Back