What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why this team is so BAD

Why are steals/game such much more important in your world than limiting the other team to a low field goal percentage.

they arent.

two scenarios:

A.) If you steal the ball at 2 standard deviations above the mean, you get what 8-10 more possessions a game?
B.) Think about holding a team to 2 standard deviations below the norm from a FG%?

How much more would you win in scenario B than A?

To the people making excuses for Ski's shooting pct being what it is, because he "has" to shoot on this team. His pct this year is the same as when he was a junior and is higher then his sophomore year, when he didn't "have" to shoot because nobody else would. I don't know if there is a purer stat then fg pct, and yet some people on here twist it into a mess to justify your best player being a career .384 fg shooter. Great, his free throw pct went up.....bottom line is his game has grown very little from his sophomore year on the offensive end, and he's still taking the same type of shots he did then.

We know you hate Ski and think XT should get his burn, its transparent, you lose credibility because of it.

I understand the big picture in free throws and free throw rate, but while watching the game last night I did some napkin math. there was a point right before halftime that I realized that we could only be down 3 points (or something like this) if we did a better job at hitting free throws. It is upseting that the team is consistently throwing away points, even if they don't matter. I can even say if we fixed some "little things" we would be a lot better without need of therapy.

Free throws aren't an overall problem for this team. They were absolutely a problem in the first half of the Arizona game, helping to contribute to a hole they couldn't dig out of.

@absinthe [MENTION=1852]Buffnik[/MENTION]

I was just trolling seattle. I understand that steals are about scheme and not just players.

Thank you for said advice tini.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
df3612486fb50970411774f991b6baec9fb7cca2e144180b885f03fba7b07217.jpg

We know you hate Ski and think XT should get his burn, its transparent, you lose credibility because of it.

XT take his burn? I'm quoted several times on here saying that all of the guards have been awful. I think XT puts in the effort every bit as much as Ski though. I did learn that shooting 38 pct from the floor, can get you a statue built in boulder......good game guys.

XT take his burn? I'm quoted several times on here saying that all of the guards have been awful. I think XT puts in the effort every bit as much as Ski though. I did learn that shooting 38 pct from the floor, can get you a statue built in boulder......good game guys.
No

Putting the team on his back against Illinois in the tournament does
Scoring 17 against UNLV in a tournament as a freshman
Being the MVP of the Charleston Classic does
Willing the team to a victory over USC, in triple OT, while being injured, by scoring 43
Being in the top 10 in CU history in points scored, made 3 pointers, steals, minutes played, and games won
And most importantly....

colorado.gif

But by all means continue to pump a kid who doesn't do much on the court (XT) while slamming the heart and soul behind the CU basketball teams during his 4 years here.

Last edited:
No

Putting the team on his back against Illinois in the tournament does
Scoring 17 against UNLV in a tournament as a freshman
Being the MVP of the Charleston Classic does
Willing the team to a victory over USC, in triple OT, while being injured, by scoring 43
Being in the top 10 in CU history in points scored, made 3 pointers, steals, minutes played, and games won
And most importantly....

colorado.gif

But by all means continue to pump a kid who doesn't do much on the court (XT) while slamming the heart and soul behind the CU basketball teams during his 4 years here.

Heart and soul of a 13 win team, and the lone senior that plays on a team with "no senior leadership" per Tad. Alrighty then....point made.
image.jpg

Heart and soul of a 13 win team, and the lone senior that plays on a team with "no senior leadership" per Tad. Alrighty then....point made.
View attachment 15887
Odd how I specified over the last 4 years, yet despite that you select one year. So yeah, go ahead and take your advice and apply it to yourself. It is unbelievable how some of this fanbase acts towards Ski. Pathetic.

@absinthe @Buffnik

I was just trolling seattle. I understand that steals are about scheme and not just players.

And I immediately backtracked on the steals stat ... it was the one number I threw out that didn't really correlate ... but of course that's the one thing you troll ...

XT may want it as much as Ski (most would call that a dubious assertion) but he's a much more limited athlete, has regressed significantly this year, has become a liability on defense, and is about 1/2 the offensive player Ski is.

Look we get it, just like we got it when John was posting about "glue guys" in the camera chats, Talton is a good dude, a local hero, a great story at CU, hell he's a guy I would like to be successful at CU - but the sudden emergence of the talton booster crew on social media who's sole objective seems to be to tear down Ski is pretty transparent.

If you wonder what drives such a visceral response to your particular brand of stupid there it is.

Can't believe I have Tini's back on this, but you have no clue, dude. None. Nada. Is this your first year around the program?

Askia is a senior and our most experienced guy. Why did he get pulled as the host on the Dorsey visit? Why did he miss game time for discipline issues?

I also don't hate him. But he's no Higgins for example. I expected more I guess in maturity.

At the end of the day, if your best player is a 6' combo guard, you're going to struggle to win games. It's not Ski's fault, Josh Scott's injury combined with almost no progression from our tall wing players is what has done us in this year. I commend Ski for trying to shoot us into games we probably have no business winning.

Depth is always a good thing, but your best 3 players win you games over the long haul, and one player has been battling through injuries most of the year and the other disappears all the time. I still have good expectations for next year.

At the end of the day, if your best player is a 6' combo guard, you're going to struggle to win games. It's not Ski's fault, Josh Scott's injury combined with almost no progression from our tall wing players is what has done us in this year. I commend Ski for trying to shoot us into games we probably have no business winning.

Depth is always a good thing, but your best 3 players win you games over the long haul, and one player has been battling through injuries most of the year and the other disappears all the time. I still have good expectations for next year.

I apologize for coming off as a Ski hater. I am not. This post sums up my thoughts. Ski is limited and with him being the main guy it hurts a team that has so many other issues/deficiencies.

Ski works very hard and loves the sport but just isn't a good shooter and is limited. If your main guy puts up twice as many shots as the next guy but only hits a third of them you are going to struggle to win games.

So not having him and forcing the team to change may be better for this program. Ski was just better as a complimentary firecracker. I wish him the best of luck in his last game at CEC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back