What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will Alec Burks come back for his junior year?

What will Alec choose?

• Total voters
and i hope he does it like this
[video=youtube;VlJktWWxKX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlJktWWxKX4[/video]

Real smart to do instead of deciding on the day of 4-20 and all the fumes from that big smokeout could affect his line of thinking.

Twitter says it looks like buffscoop has some new stuff on Burks and the new recruits. Feel free to scamper on over kids.

Twitter says it looks like buffscoop has some new stuff on Burks and the new recruits. Feel free to scamper on over kids.

The only time the insiders have been this much in agreement was a week before Thanksgiving 2009 when they said that Hawkins is fired.

The only time the insiders have been this much in agreement was a week before Thanksgiving 2009 when they said that Hawkins is fired.

The insiders here saying that what is happening is what buff nation wants? or what is probably best in the long run?

Rephrase: Is "The Hawk" getting the hell out of boulder, or are we stuck with "The Hawk" for another year?

Last edited:
The insiders here saying that what is happening is what buff nation wants? or what is probably best in the long run?

Rephrase: Is "The Hawk" getting the hell out of boulder, or are we stuck with "The Hawk" for another year?

The overwhelming consensus among the people who have some inside sources (at least those I have been privy to) is that Alec Burks will be declaring for the NBA draft and immediately hiring an agent.

The overwhelming consensus among the people who have some inside sources is that Alec Burks will be declaring for the NBA draft and immediately hiring an agent.

Lets hope they have the same track record that they did in November 09 hahaha

Most recent tweet(this is what happens when I watch NBA basketball. ugh):
RT @JayZClassicBars: "People lined up to see the Titanic sinking/ Instead we rose from the ash like a phoenix" #Hov

I think this is good for us :lol:

Gotta remember that Harrison Barnes making the decision to stay at UNC means that Burks just gained another higher towards (past) slot 15. I'm afraid he's gone, and as much as it pains me to say it - he should be. He has little to gain here in comparison (Sweet Sixteen would be a stretch), and the 2012 draft will be stacked with guys like Sullinger, Jones, and UNC's starting five. This year will be a lot easier for him to get as high a slot as he can. I can't stand the NBA, but it'll be fun to follow his career....

i've never given myself the luxury of hoping he would stay...but, as i've posted before, it's win-win for us. put him in the NBA, blow up, and he helps recruiting. i think AB is a couple years away from being a real player in the NBA, but doesn't hurt to have 2 players in the NBA and one of whom is an MVP when it comes to talking to top 150 recruits.

wasn't like Chauncey was a finished product when he was taken #3. bounced around and couldn't guard a stop sign at CU. but, and i hate to say this, but Larry Brown made him a better player. a guy who would D up, protect the ball, and make good decisions. he didn't get that from Rico.

i've never given myself the luxury of hoping he would stay...but, as i've posted before, it's win-win for us. put him in the NBA, blow up, and he helps recruiting. i think AB is a couple years away from being a real player in the NBA, but doesn't hurt to have 2 players in the NBA and one of whom is an MVP when it comes to talking to top 150 recruits.

wasn't like Chauncey was a finished product when he was taken #3. bounced around and couldn't guard a stop sign at CU. but, and i hate to say this, but Larry Brown made him a better player. a guy who would D up, protect the ball, and make good decisions. he didn't get that from Rico.

Not to many players got much from Ricardo. Boyle and Bzz are different stories.

I am selfish, and want him to stay, but I would like to see another former Buff in the NBA. We all went to college to get trained for our career, and it looks like he is ready for that step. Plus the pay isn't that bad.

I wish him well, unless he gets drafted by Dallas.

The thing that sucks is that when he does go to the NBA, I'll never get to see him play. I won't watch the NBA. It's right up there with MLS as the most boring of all professional sports leagues.

Back