What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Will there be a Real Spring Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set up a huge merch tent. Have lots of new ****. Include some unique Inaugural Prime Spring Game items.

Raffle off some tickets. Suites and Touchdown Club tickets with all of the perks.

Sprinkle guest appearances throughout. A mixture of Buff alums and Prime surprises.
And recruit students to join the C-Unit, become tutors, get involved. Recognize them as part of this.

I’m worried about how you even run spring practices with the qb situation let alone play a legit game. Lots of throws to be made with only 3 arms in the fold.

Spring game should be an EVENT.

Tailgating, entertainment, carnival games, corporate and university school hospitality tents, live music and DJ stage, vendors.

Inside the stadium and out.

Fundraising everywhere. Tours. Celebrities. Former players. Press events.

Insane promotion of all of it.
This,

Make it something even non-football fans enjoy enough that they want to come back next year.

Also the more you can show off the various programs from all over the university the more you make those departments feel like they are valued by athletics and the fans.

Give people the opportunity to brag about what they are doing and they feel good about themselves and those who gave them the opportunity to make what they are doing known.

Do it right and it makes a great event for the school to use to invite prospective students to come and visit the school.

I didn't. Shedeur, Carter and only 1 of the freshmen is an EE, right?
Don't know if he is coming back but last season we had Colton Allen on the roster as a walk-on QB, Fr from Highlands Ranch.

Should still be enough QBs to run a spring game though. You put them in a green jersey and don't let them be tackled. The throws won't be any more than they make in a full practice.

I've always liked the idea of taking the opportunity to make a game of it. These players love to play the game. They work hard all off-season then some will get little playing time in the regular season. Give them a chance to go out and have fun competing.

Don't know if he is coming back but last season we had Colton Allen on the roster as a walk-on QB, Fr from Highlands Ranch.

Should still be enough QBs to run a spring game though. You put them in a green jersey and don't let them be tackled. The throws won't be any more than they make in a full practice.

I've always liked the idea of taking the opportunity to make a game of it. These players love to play the game. They work hard all off-season then some will get little playing time in the regular season. Give them a chance to go out and have fun competing.
Is Willie Taggart’s son a PWO at qb?

How many walk ons do we have? 3 isn't an unusual number of scholarship QBs in the Spring, I don't think.

3-4 on scholarship plus 1-2 walk-ons would be typical (at least pre-portal typical). There are an almost unbelievable number of throws to be made daily in an efficient, well structured practice. They will need 2-3 walk-ons just to absorb the workload.

There used to be rules about walk-ons and when they could join/participate. I’m not sure what those are now.

The projected starters should not participate in any actual tackling and blocking. If it were me, the Buffs shouldn’t even wear pads in the spring. Practices should be limited to half speed walk throughs. It’s important that the players are healthy for the regular season.

Signed,
Nathaniel Hackett

SIAP, one of the first week videos from Coach Prime's office was a phone call with Kordell Stewart where it was stated he was needed on campus for the Spring Game. It can be non-contact flag football for all I care. Some of you are seriously underestimating the hype that game will generate, whatever form it takes or who comes.

Right now his focus is on recruiting the top players in the nation and he is killing it. How many weeks do you think he needs to convince 30K fans to come for a recruiting trip and party on a Saturday afternoon in spring from as far away as the Springs or Grand Junction to get a live taste? 1? 3 days?

He hasn't even tried yet and We Coming. Folsom is going to be a teaser to Nub fans of what they are in store for and it will be glorious!

Lots of great ideas from all you derelicts.

Which Junta member is tasked with collecting the thots and emailing them to RG?
(a) that’s disrespectful to the women and (b) it’s impossible or at least illegal I’d have to assume.

I've never understood the idea that competitive athletes should not compete in anything athletic outside of a controlled practice or game. If they're not playing pickup basketball games or flag football or kickball or whatever, I wouldn't want them on my team. Athletes enjoy doing athletic stuff to compete or challenge themselves or just to have fun & show off. If that's not part of their nature, there's an issue. And, yes, sometimes they'll get injured doing that stuff but you've got to accept that risk if you want them to be athletes.

ya playball aka LC said April 22
wait...did he??? also wait.... Playball is LC???

i dont want to live on this planet anymore GIF

Haha I’m just guessing. That account has been an insider through multiple coaching changes
I was trying to decipher who it might be when 247 was talking about it yesterday. LC never crossed my mind because most CU fans have **** on him since KD was hired and he still came back to post every so often, although not as frequently I don’t think

I honestly think the last time we had an actual spring game was when GB was the coach. I would absolutely love to have an actual spring game again. Something more than a glorified set of Oklahoma drills would be very welcome.
I seem to recall a Spring Game back in the 80s that involved alums playing against players, or maybe it was just an alum vs alum game. Am I just confabulating my memories? Ak.

I seem to recall a Spring Game back in the 80s that involved alums playing against players, or maybe it was just an alum vs alum game. Am I just confabulating my memories? Ak.
Didn't the Cone brothers play ? I remember paper snow cone cups taped to the top of their helmets.
There was at least one that was players vs. alums. That was back when we had a bunch more fairly young alums who were good enough players to not get blown away. The players still mostly dominated but it was competitive other than lots of alums discovering that pulled muscles, bumps and bruises, etc. hurt more as they got older.

The Cone brothers played as did a bunch of other notable guys. IIRC some of the players on the line got a rude shock when Leon White showed up in his full pro wrestling, steroid pumped up glory. He could move a lot due to his knee (same one that shortened his time in the NFL) but some big kids discovered what it was like being thrown around.

There was at least one that was players vs. alums. That was back when we had a bunch more fairly young alums who were good enough players to not get blown away. The players still mostly dominated but it was competitive other than lots of alums discovering that pulled muscles, bumps and bruises, etc. hurt more as they got older.

The Cone brothers played as did a bunch of other notable guys. IIRC some of the players on the line got a rude shock when Leon White showed up in his full pro wrestling, steroid pumped up glory. He could move a lot due to his knee (same one that shortened his time in the NFL) but some big kids discovered what it was like being thrown around.
Sweet. Great memories guys. That's the essence of what stuck in my head. I remember being with my Dad and him commenting about some of the older guys being in no shape to play a real football game. We were laughing watching some of the guys run around having fun. As I recall, there were actually some "older" guys "playing," but they were probably in their 30's(?). I almost vaguely remember the Leon White appearance.

Funny. Looking back, I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea--beyond the mere marketing of it--and no way that would happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back