What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wish me luck, I'm trying out for Ralphie Runner

Ralphie V=10X better, way faster. Everyone was on the edge of their seats when she lost all but one runner, he was left holding on for dear life. That was a sight to see

S0420CUSP229_t600.jpg

Photo: Cliff Grassmick

Ralphie V's first official run before the spring game on April 19, 2008 in Boulder.
http://www.buffzone.com/photos/galleries/2008/apr/19/cu-spring-football-game-2008/9834/

She was hauling a$$. That one lone handler deserves a big pat on the back for holding on to her. They would've been screwed if she broke free.

Last edited:
http://www.buffzone.com/news/2008/apr/19/ralphie-v-steals-show-at-spring-finale/
Best play of the day? Try the one made by senior Zeb Kopasz. Don't recognize the name? He's the guy who managed to hang on to Ralphie after she dumped the rest of her handlers. Kopasz, who will graduate this spring with a degree in civil engineering, hopes to be able to return next fall and make one game-day run with Ralphie, who he helped train.

"All I could think of was, 'Don't let go,' " said Kopasz. "She knows when people have dropped off, and that just makes her speed up." ...

That was friggin' awesome yesterday!!! FC, the Sackman family and I was laughing our butts off watching her yesterday.

My guess is---she will get butts in the game before kickoff because you will NOT want to miss her running since anything can happen now!!

Ralphie IV, great gal, ran smoothly (except when she didn't want to run at all), was great for photo ops. Ralphie V? Will stomp your ass if you are not paying attention and drag the rest of you around the stadium and into the trailer if you are not careful. She is awesome!! Can't wait for her to get bigger and faster!!!

I don't think the opposing team will take the field until after Ralphie is safly in the trailer. :lol: Truly, though, I hope she gets a bit more under control.

Ralphie V still looks wild. She could be public safety hazard who hasn't yet learned how to refrain from charging anything red.

Damn.. that kid DID come really close to getting his head stomped in. We've gotta get those runners some cleats.

And what happens if that last dude did not hold on. Holy crap.

It's sad but true. This tradition will not last. :sad1:

And what happens if that last dude did not hold on. Holy crap.

It's sad but true. This tradition will not last. :sad1:

I think they should wait untill she was a little heavier. That extra weight should slow her down some. But i think this tradition will last. No reason to freak out over one incident.

I think they should wait untill she was a little heavier. That extra weight should slow her down some. But i think this tradition will last. No reason to freak out over one incident.

No, I'm not saying that it will end now. I'm just thinking it really is only a matter of time until something really bad happens - and then what? It's been pretty close a few times.

No, I'm not saying that it will end now. I'm just thinking it really is only a matter of time until something really bad happens - and then what? It's been pretty close a few times.

When has it been close other than Saturday? I can't think of a single time Ralphie IV did anything other than toss her head at one of the handlers during a couple runs throughout her career. Ralphie V will end up much the same way, she just needs to grow a little older and get used to big crowds.

Mind you, that was just her second run in front of a crowd, and they'll be careful with her until she's predictable (note that the only people on the field with her when she ran both times were her handlers, they kept the players, coaches, and cheerleaders back until she reached her trailer). We just need to find some faster, stronger Ralphie runners until that day comes.

When has it been close other than Saturday? I can't think of a single time Ralphie IV did anything other than toss her head at one of the handlers during a couple runs throughout her career. Ralphie V will end up much the same way, she just needs to grow a little older and get used to big crowds.

Mind you, that was just her second run in front of a crowd, and they'll be careful with her until she's predictable (note that the only people on the field with her when she ran both times were her handlers, they kept the players, coaches, and cheerleaders back until she reached her trailer). We just need to find some faster, stronger Ralphie runners until that day comes.

Understood. I'm just pointing out that, once again, that was damn close. Can you imagine if Ralphie had lost that last handler and gone eight ball?

When has it been close other than Saturday? I can't think of a single time Ralphie IV did anything other than toss her head at one of the handlers during a couple runs throughout her career.

I think all buffalo can be a little unpredictable. This article was written while Ralphie IV was around.

And a serious one. As Jeff Tindall will tell you, working with Ralphie's a gas, but it ain't all fun and games. The senior handler was recently gored in her pen, so he's all about respecting Ralphie as the big, powerful, unpredictable animal she is.

"She put her head down when I got in the pen, and got her horns up between my legs and just kept coming," he says. "She missed my legs and everything, but she did some serious damage to my jeans."

Linksky

Understood. I'm just pointing out that, once again, that was damn close. Can you imagine if Ralphie had lost that last handler and gone eight ball?

My group & I started speculating whether there were tranquilzer guns close by. Then we started thinking of the headlines of PETA with our tradition had we had to put her down (tranquilized, not killed) in front of all of the little kids. :sad1:

I agree though about your question of the tradition but I doubt it will come to that. I do think this puts into serious doubt her gameday debut at the Mile High Showdown though - I think she definitely needs some time to grow & slow....

My group & I started speculating whether there were tranquilzer guns close by. Then we started thinking of the headlines of PETA with our tradition had we had to put her down (tranquilized, not killed) in front of all of the little kids. :sad1:

I agree though about your question of the tradition but I doubt it will come to that. I do think this puts into serious doubt her gameday debut at the Mile High Showdown though - I think she definitely needs some time to grow & slow....

they said she'll put on another 500lbs in addition to her current 750 lbs, by the CSU game which will slow her down quite a bit.....or just get faster handlers. hey..what is jeremy bloom doing these days... or ben kelly?

Last edited:
I like 5 the way she is!! Think about it... if the visiting team was on the sidelines on saturday, that would be one pissed off and splattered team...

Ralphie would have split through the visitors like ****ing bowling pins!

I am going off memory here - but I thought I heard last fall that they were considering using Ralphie IV until Blackout was ready to run....

Am I way off base with this?

I am going off memory here - but I thought I heard last fall that they were considering using Ralphie IV until Blackout was ready to run....

Am I way off base with this?

No, I think when they had that bubble tour & intro to Ralphie V last fall, someone made mention that IV may start the season until V is ready. I haven't heard that since, but like I said, unless she really does put 500 lbs on, I don't see her running in Invesco - 70K will freak her out a lot more than the 18K on Saturday.

Back