What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

WLAX #6 USC at CU

Refs were heavily in favor of USC the entire game, and when it mattered most handed the Trojans that game. Absolute garbage.

Article on yesterday's TOUGH loss - http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=210875994 (I don't know ANYTHING about lacrosse rules; would love to hear from someone more lacrosse- knowledgeable how valid (what turned out to be) the determining call against the Buffs was. The color commentator on the Pac 12 telecast definitely made it sound like a gray area call.)

"
BOULDER - Colorado's lacrosse team had a goal taken off the board in the final minute and then watched No. 7/6 Southern California score as the Buffaloes lost a heartbreaker 9-8 at Kittredge Field on Friday.

“All week we talked about playing 60 minutes and building on our game from Stanford," head coach Ann Elliott said. "There are little things we could have done better. Hopefully this feeling will help them understand what it takes to dig down deep. At the end of the day I felt like we stuck to the game plan. We had a great opportunity. Unfortunately the call went against us, and USC made a good play at the other end. And we couldn’t get it done in the last 15 seconds.”

CU (8-4, 3-2 MPSF) was searching for its first win over a ranked opponent and the team thought it had it all but wrapped up when Katie Macleay scored with 59.0 seconds remaining for a 9-8 lead. But after some discussion among the officials, the goal was waved off due to a dangerous shot attempt. USC (12-0, 6-0 MPSF) marched right down the field and Cynthia Del Core scored with 15.6 seconds left to put the Women of Troy ahead 9-8. CU won the ensuing draw, but was unable to get a shot off before the final horn sounded.

“I was like we won this!" Macleay exclaimed before realizing the goal was taken off the board. "It’s unfortunate, but it’s something that is out of our control. But we fought hard.”
"

Last edited:
In WLAX, they're not wearing helmets and shoulder pads. You're not allowed to shoot when there's a defender between you and the goalie because of the injury risk from the ball or the follow-through from the stick. It's a total judgment call.

In WLAX, they're not wearing helmets and shoulder pads. You're not allowed to shoot when there's a defender between you and the goalie because of the injury risk from the ball or the follow-through from the stick. It's a total judgment call.

Yet the defender is supposed to allow room to shoot, so...

I don't even really care about WLAX and this game still pisses me off.

Doesn't the fact that she was able to score without hitting the defender negate the idea that it was a dangerous shot attempt? She had an opening to shoot, obviously.

Back