What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Woah. Guess who just called for Hawk's head? Woelk

Agreed but I can't bring myself to hope for a CU loss. still want to win. Hawk gets canned regardless IMO.
If CU wins, then CU wins. If CU loses to Hawaii, and Hawk gets canned, CU wins. Either way CU wins. If we get pounded by Hawaii at home, and they keep Hawk-----that is the only way CU loses this weekend.

we get the bye week after Hawaii. an L on Sat would give an interim 2 weeks to get some stuff in....

a W of any sort and you can't can a guy who's 2-1...even if it's the right thing.

Nothing will happen until after the Hawaii game. If he wins, he gets a little longer. If he loses, it accelerates. Can't fire a coach after week 2. It just looks ****ty.

Nothing will happen until after the Hawaii game. If he wins, he gets a little longer. If he loses, it accelerates. Can't fire a coach after week 2. It just looks ****ty.
****ty?

As in ****ty like we showed on Saturday? Or ****ty like Hawk's coaching? Screw that. Should have canned him before he was able to leave memorial stadium with the team on Saturday. Let him find his own way home.

IMO, it shows more that we're finally fed up with the BS excuses, the losing, the lack of improvement after 4+ years, the lack of effort & passion, .....

I am beyond done with Hawk being our HC.

It wouldn't look any ****tier than keeping him after a 3-9 season.

Nine penalties. A punt fielded on the 5-yard line, a mistake that set the tone for the entire game. Five turnovers, including an interception return for a touchdown and a fumble return for a touchdown. A missed field goal. Six quarterback sacks allowed.

Sounds like when I am playing my EA sports NCAA and put my settings to easy and playing Sam Houston state or somebody.

****ty?

As in ****ty like we showed on Saturday? Or ****ty like Hawk's coaching? Screw that. Should have canned him before he was able to leave memorial stadium with the team on Saturday. Let him find his own way home.

IMO, it shows more that we're finally fed up with the BS excuses, the losing, the lack of improvement after 4+ years, the lack of effort & passion, .....

I am beyond done with Hawk being our HC.

I know it sucks, but that's the way it is. He will be gone in soon enough (even though it is way too late, I agree).

I don't think you have to hope. If the same uninspired, confused, disorganized and disgraceful offense shows up for the Hawaii game, we'll lose by 4 touchdowns. These guys went straight in the tank against an average Cal team. No heart, no discipline, no pride, no desire = shameful and disgraceful. We should make them wear baby-blue. I don't even want to tell people where I played because of these guys. Show up and play. There should be a violent all-out gang fight today on the practice field. No excuse for what I saw Saturday. I would like to punch each one of them in the face and dare them to fight back. That's it, my rant. Peace. I'm out!!

This was by far the best quote I've heard during this week, and the single reason why CU is sucking. No passion, no desire = laziness and lackadaisical play. Laziness and lackadaisical play leads to a lack of focus. A lack of focus leads to penalties. I WISH we had guys like you in there picking fights and getting nasty and reminding these kids that you need to F***ing smack the person across the line of scrimmage in the F***ing head. You need that attitude that says, We're running it behind me because I'm kicking your A** and there's nothing you can do about it. Gawd I miss those days. We need a coach that instills that kind of attitude. Wyo Buff, next time you head a little south, I'll buy you a beer. Best rant I've heard this week.

we get the bye week after Hawaii. an L on Sat would give an interim 2 weeks to get some stuff in....

a W of any sort and you can't can a guy who's 2-1...even if it's the right thing.

This is what worries me. Will a 24-17 win over Hawaii at home really make anyone feel any better about Hawk as coach? The team is not appreciably better to start his 5th season than it was in his first season. Hawk has had more than a fair shake here and I've seen enough. Do it now.

This is what worries me. Will a 24-17 win over Hawaii at home really make anyone feel any better about Hawk as coach? The team is not appreciably better to start his 5th season than it was in his first season. Hawk has had more than a fair shake here and I've seen enough. Do it now.

Only difference will be that we will be 2-1 going into a big game vs. a big name opponent instead of 1-2. Unfortunately, it just sets us up for a beat down on our home field vs. said big name opponent instead of being beat down on the road...and I'll be there to see it.

Oh well, at least when I see us get our ass kicked, it'll be in Boulder instead of on the road.

Can't remember if it was a tweet or a quote in an article, but at least one of our players seems to think it doesn't matter if you win a close one or get blown out, so next week if we win by 1 we are back on track. I don't know where he got those strange ideas. :huh:

Can't remember if it was a tweet or a quote in an article, but at least one of our players seems to think it doesn't matter if you win a close one or get blown out, so next week if we win by 1 we are back on track. I don't know where he got those strange ideas. :huh:

Yeah I think that was Speedy - he said something to the effect of "a loss is a loss and you move on". I completely disagree with this statement. A 45-42 loss would have been much effing easier to swallow and I would have enjoyed more than just the pre-game on Saturday.

This sums up the last 4 years and 2 games......
20081128_122537_sp28cu_football.jpg

Oh! Oh! This is 'Caption this', right?

"Oh dear, I think I just shat myself. Again.'

or...

'If I click my heels together three times and say, 'There's no place like Boise, there's no place like Boise, there's no place like Boise'.....

Yeah I think that was Speedy - he said something to the effect of "a loss is a loss and you move on". I completely disagree with this statement. A 45-42 loss would have been much effing easier to swallow and I would have enjoyed more than just the pre-game on Saturday.

45-42 would have been a great game and we would have all been buying into the "one play away" mantra.

52-7 says ass-whipping extraordinaire!

45-42 would have been a great game and we would have all been buying into the "one play away" mantra.

52-7 says ass-whipping extraordinaire!

Quite honestly, I do not care for moral victories now. If we had to lose, I am glad that we got blown out to make Hawks shortcomings that much more apparent. If we have to lose to Hawaii, Ihope it is by 3+ touchdowns. And honestly, I hope we lose. Then Mac takes over. I will trade losing one game for Mac-- in which case I have hope for the season. If not a bowl game, at least to see some improvement and attitude coming back. Even the kids that Hawk recruited would love Mac and his attitude. We would see imporvement, and closer games, even if not wins. At this point I will take it. Go Rainbow Warriors!!

Wait...is that.... is the Bohn? What's he holding? It looks pink. Hey ref.... does that paper Mike is holding look pink to you? O ****, it is pink. **** me, the jig is up I guess.'

Stewart described the mood around the Colorado programs this way:

"People are upset, but I think a loss is a loss, no matter if you lose by one point," he said. "It`s just something we`ve got to come back from. Whether we win next week by one point or whatever. We`ve just got to win next week and just get over it."

"People are upset, but I think a loss is a loss, no matter if you lose by one point," he said. "It`s just something we`ve got to come back from. Whether we win next week by one point or whatever. We`ve just got to win next week and just get over it."

That's the one I was thinking of. Style of win absolutely matters. Well, I guess it matters more to teams that are ranked. Oh what I'd give to be ranked.

Sums up everything wrong with the team. All losses suck, but there can be good losses and what this team does.

I don't think you have to hope. If the same uninspired, confused, disorganized and disgraceful offense shows up for the Hawaii game, we'll lose by 4 touchdowns. These guys went straight in the tank against an average Cal team. No heart, no discipline, no pride, no desire = shameful and disgraceful. We should make them wear baby-blue. I don't even want to tell people where I played because of these guys. Show up and play. There should be a violent all-out gang fight today on the practice field. No excuse for what I saw Saturday. I would like to punch each one of them in the face and dare them to fight back. That's it, my rant. Peace. I'm out!!

You said it all right there. I don't need to say a thing.
It's gotten real bad, hasn't it? And seems to be getting worse. It will end someday.

I'm pretty sure he played for Mac.

I'm pretty sure he won't mind if I say you are correct.

(Eddie was my coach. I started wishing I could be a Buff in 1966 when my big sister went to Colorado and I went to games and one of my HS coaches was a former Buff. I'm getting old. I've seen and felt too much pride in Colorado football to take all of this without saying something. If I kept my mouth shut that would mean I don't care anymore. Obviously I still care.)

I'm pretty sure he won't mind if I say you are correct.

(Eddie was my coach. I started wishing I could be a Buff in 1966 when my big sister went to Colorado and I went to games and one of my HS coaches was a former Buff. I'm getting old. I've seen and felt too much pride in Colorado football to take all of this without saying something. If I kept my mouth shut that would mean I don't care anymore. Obviously I still care.)
Hang in there B30...IMO, the jig is almost up for you know who...

Back